So if he actually finished all 50 states, which would be the most popular...

So if he actually finished all 50 states, which would be the most popular, which one would pitchfork give the highest/lowest score to, which one would contrarians love, which one would Fantano love etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2eAVPTuUDhg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also come up with the style of each if you can

some shitty album jacking off how great portland is 10/10

New York most popular, Oklahoma best, Fantano gives a 10 to New Jersey for its similarity to TPAB, contractions love Alabama, "niggers get out" is call the best track

Oklahoma is primarily Native instrumentation, with Cherokee and Comanche singers used for chanting.

Texas would be the worst and Illinois would still be the best.

Carrie & Lowell was kind of his Oregon album

What would Maryland sound like?

this

New Jersey and New York would be a lot more maximalist and electronic, like Age of Adz, though they would each have bits of folkier tinges because of the farmlands and wilderness in each state.

>WORST
Florida , or the story of how Sufjan got his face ripped off by a guy rolling on krokodil

>BEST
Sufjan Stevens Presents: Alaska - Escape!

>Not California

There would be endless ideas for tracks and creativity. Oklahoma Texas Oregon, not so much

Beautiful, Hickish, and Ghetto

>implying suffy wouldn't just make a rap album about kendrick lamar and snoop dogg

Lots of chimes. Lots of horns too, really military sounding

It's all about where everyone is.
Most popular would be a state like California or New York, where all the people are.
Pitchfork would like Illinoise the most because it's one of the first and they're in Chicago.
Fantano would be inclined to like Connecticut because of sentimental value but if one really stood out to him more he'd choose that.
Contrarians would like Alaska.

I'd love to hear "Wyoming" be like a folk/drone album where Stevens sings about the desert with 15 minute long tracks

North Dakota would probably end up being the most patrician.

Maine would be nice

His harsh noise album, "Woe Is Me, Greetings From The Top Of The World: Alaska!" would be the most popular by far.

what would Ohio be?

>largest state in the US with hundreds of interesting locations, cities, and people and a somewhat interesting history
>writing about two black dudes from the same area in southern Californai

Suffy chanting about football while hitting 2 corn husks together

10/10

suffy likes the bbc
youtube.com/watch?v=2eAVPTuUDhg

Literally the most striped back album yet, reminiscent of Mark Kozelek on Benji

>Texas
Not even from Texas but how could you possibly say that? There's enough material for every state to make an album anyway.

What would be the most boring state to base an album off of?

new mexico

Nah, aliens and shit. Montana.

Indiana or New Hampshire maybe, the South East would start off really interesting (Tennessee, Georgia, Louisiana) but it would get dull quick since the cultures around there are kinda blurred together, if it were to stay interesting Suffy would have to do some INTENSE research on each state

Nah, beautiful scenery to write about

Louisiana, because the perfect Louisiana album was already made.

*would be the worst, is what I meant.

>Most popular:
New York, New York! The (Big) Apple of My Eye -- and My Heart
(Orchestral pop like Illinois with a good bit of showtunes influence)
>p4k highest:
Polar Opposites [Alaska]
(Very lonesome and personal folk, much like Carrie and Lowell)
>p4k lowest:
Give a Hoot a Holler and a Half For the Lone Star in the Sky [Texas]
(A suprisingly bad attempt at country/western with way too much banjo, considered his creatively bankrupt album.)
>Contrarian pick
Pure Sin [Nevada]
(Very dark album, too dark for most fans. Much more serious material including references to the radiation tests of Yucca Flatts and of course Las Vegas' gambling culture.)
>Fantano pick
Same as pitchfork's highest lmao

lmfao

thanks for reminding me that delusional faggot actually thought he could make 50 albums about american states

What about Pennsylvania?
I have no clue about what my own home state would sound like.

He better stay the fuck off washington, thats mount eerie territory.

Arizona would be his "woke" album about social issues and shit. Folk Punk is big here and the politics are pretty extreme on both sides of the aisle (mostly conservative with some lefty anarcho types here and there). It'd probably be his angriest/fastest album, possibly with some traditional Mexican instrumentation.

Almost everyone would write 1000 thinkpieces about it and then forget it a week later, but it would have a large cult following and contrarians would say it's their favorite.

I really dig this honestly. Very Sufjan titles.

Hey, thanks my man

I live in New Hampshire and I saw a squirrel get run over by a truck and keep on crawling even though half of it was flat. If you think that's boring, then get out of my face.

STILLERS

I have a weird feeling that suf would experiment with blending his usual brand of lush maximalist pop with punk for NJ

Nebraska, fuck Nebraska

What would Iowa be like?

Anco

Pet Sounds 2.0
And by that I mean he'd incorporate cow mooing and other farm animal noises somehow while singing about farmer's struggles during the great depression and the Vilisca axe murders.
Oh and corn, can't forget the corn.

Forward! To Wisconsin
Lush indie folk with a dreamy/shoegazy feel

1. Daniel Chester French's Bronze Lady
2. It's 9 AM and the Bars Are Already Filled (Maybe They're Just Customers from Last Night)
3. Jump Around! Welcome to Wisconsin!
4. Scott Walker Blues
5. I Can See My House on the Other Side of Lake Michigan and Boy Is It a Long Ways Away
6. Brett Favre Avenue
7. Milwaukee
8. All the Famous Serial Killers I've Heard About Come from Here
9. Fall Creek Boys Choir Part Three, or Justin Vernon Shows Me His Cabin in the Woods and I Write an Album
10. Boo Vikings! Go Home!
11. I Miss Good Ol' County Stadium
12. I Play a Les Paul in Waukesha
13. Superior Is a Real Dump Compared to Duluth, But We Got the Lake Named After Us, So Who Are the Real Winners?
14. America's Dairyland Sure Has a Lot of Corn
15. Jim Doyle Blues
16. Are There Better Cities Than Madison? Maybe, Although It's Hard to Top a City That Has Ian's Pizza
17. On Wisconsin! On Wisconsin! Forward into the Great Unknown!

What would it be like, genre wise? Country?

holy shit i want to fucking hear this

>Ian's Pizza
Fuck yeah my dude

Probably, seeing as that's the most popular genre around here. Perhaps a few freak folk tracks, I dunno.
I like to imagine it's a live album performed at the Iowa State Fair, with some random backing band he found at a farmers market.

Kek

>It's 9 AM and the Bars Are Already Filled (Maybe They're Just Customers from Last Night)
The sad thing is this meme is true

Oh shit, been asking the whole time didn't even realise you're Iowan too, you go to the fair this year user?

Nah not this year, though I saw some of it on tv. One of my friends did though and tried some of those award winning tacos.
Did you go?

Yeah I got to go with my gf, had a pork chop on a stick and saw the rabbits because she wanted to. Fun times, heard Stephen Tyler play the grandstand

Aw sweet, sounds like it was a real great time!

It was, I haven't missed one yet. Have a good night user, I need to sleep, ive got a paper to work on tomorrow that's due.

can you guys go make out now or whatever the fuck iowans do in their free time besides farming and killing themselves

You have a good night too Iowanon, wish ya luck on that paper!

portland is a corrupt shithole and everyone knows it especially us portlanders

Sorry, my bad for somewhat derailing the thread

why are you so salty about Iowans user?

they're shit drivers

Thanks man, I need it lol

it's probably just me
i'm half drunk
proving stereotypes one beer at a time

Wisconsin?

ding ding ding

you clearly haven't been to oregon or texas

oklahoma idk

Worst would be Hawaii, he wouldn't have a chance of capturing it correctly

Plus that's cultural appropriation anyways

New Jersey, New Start
Electronic Big Band akin to Age of Adz or the BQE

1. Welcome to the Garden State (at Least That's What They Say)
2. Dead Bodies Floating on the River or, Late to Work on the Daily Commute or, the View is Beautiful from the Bridge
3. Disregard the Smell
4. The Grass is Greener on the Other Side of Some Other Border
5. You Must Be 19 or Older to Catch Cancer
6. The only Good Parts Are the Parts That Aren't a Part of the Other Parts
7. Cape May (Even When it's October)
8. As the Train Goes Further South, the Stations Get Farther from the Train
9. We Have The View in Some Parts, in Some Seasons, At Some Angles
10. I Often Think of Running Away, Only to Realize it's Not Much Better Anywhere Else Nearby
11. Watching the Sunset Behind the Smog or, Trying to Count What Little Stars There Are or, Trying to Hear Yourself Think Over All the Public Transportation
12. Blueberries, Apparently
13. The Warm Weather is only Marginally Better Than the Cold Weather
14. Don't Blame the Drivers, Blame the DMV Agent that Issued Their License
15. You Have it Good, You Could Be in Delaware, Or Even Worse, Pennsylvannia
16. The Skyline from the Highway Looks Pretty (When the Buildings Aren't Falling Down)
17. Princeton! Kingston!! But Queens is Elsewhere!?
18. They Might Be Giants, and They Might Not Belong to Us, But They're All We've Got
19. They Say the Devil Lives in the Forests But I'm Fairly Certain He's Actually Renting Space in Our Hearts
20. George Used the River but Wasn't Kind Enough to Tip
21. Gamble Your Childs College Fund Away and Forget About Your Troubles (Until the Alchohol Wears Off)
22. When it Rains, it Pours, and When it Pours, We Go into a State Of Emergency
23. For All the Bright Ideas Polluting Our Night Sky
24. Atlantic, City or Sea, We Have it All!
25. The Time Has Come to Leave So Be Sure to Have Exact Change, Unless the Lane only Accepts EZ-Pass, Then You Have to Slow Down to 5 Miles per Hour

Delaware

shitty attemot

Portland user here to confirm.

Title: Sufjan Stevens Implores You To This Musical Venture Which That Has Been (Illustration of Made In Oregon sign), The Great State

>Betsy! Betsy! Who Sleeps Above a Book Store
>Portland, Oh What a Gentrified Land (And Why Are All The Niggers In North Portland?)
>Louis and Clarke
>Oh Have You Seen The Beaches Of Great Winds
>I Drove From The Top Of A Mountain Down To The Bottom Of The Ocean Without Leaving The State
>Eastern Oregon
>Oh Lord! What Grace To Be Back In The Northwest!
>Weep For The Indians Who Are Buried In The Ground By The White Man
>I Chose This Album To Have The Most Pretentiously Long Song Titles Because It's Ironically Ironic
>Eugene II (The Sun Sets Over Spencer's Butte)
>If We All Think We’re So Smart How Come Our Schools Suck?
>Oh No. The Politicians Have Duped The People With Their Own Lack Of Interest
>It’s Valentines Day, I Say I Love You And Wish Oregon A Happy Birthday
>The Last Douglas Fir Falls Down In An Empty Forrest An No One Is Around To Hear For They Are Inside Their Apartments Looking Up

It’s his most SJW leaning, but he accurately portrays the actual abuse of native americans and blacks in a sort of bob dylan-esque storytelling.

Similar style to Carrie and Lowell, but is a bit more upbeat, less personal, and has much more instrumentation.

Gets another 9.3 from p4k and they talk about Carrie and Lowell a lot in their review.

It’ll be one of the few albums in this project to be inducted into Sup Forumscore, but will always be shat of for being plebian and too accessible.

What happened to that archive we had where we had already made a fake tracklist set for all 50 states as well as some bonus places?

Yikes this is bad

Ignore the plebs I enjoyed reading through this

Floridada