These countries will be the first latinos to become developed. Will you visit them in 2050?

These countries will be the first latinos to become developed. Will you visit them in 2050?

Other urls found in this thread:

hdr.undp.org/en/content/projection-human-development-index-growth-region
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've already visited 3/4 of them and plan to visit Mexico in the nearby future. In fact I lived in one of them for over a year.

Wow tell me more. Which ones did you visit? Did you like them? Where did you live? How was it?

>Peru
>30m people and 177m GPD
>Chile
>17m people and 250m GPD

Really makes you think.

Peru is a glorified city-state with a bunch of land for resource-extraction.

I visited Chile, Peru (2x) and Colombia (lived there for ~14 months) of the ones coloured in. I also visited Brazil (3x), Argentina, Bolivia and Panama.

I loved it. I'm currently planning to go back to Colombia to live there for another year (found ani nternship at a company there) and can't wait to travel around more on this fascinating continent.

Nice, which city?
What are the most striking differences between Yurop and there?

I'll migrate to mexico

Besides Chile the other three have a very long way to go.

We are truly the most powerful people in the world

Bogotá.

It was very weird for me to not be able to go whereever alone and drunk and at night... In these countries you have to make sure you don't wander off by yourself into the wrong neighbourhood. I sometimes had to take detours when walking home from university because on some streets it was almost guaranteed I'd get robbed.

On the other end of the spectrum is the more laid back nature of life there. Everything is more chill. In the Netherlands I feel like we're already more chill than most of Europe, but compared to Latin America we're still quite uptight. Life has a more improvasinal tone to it in South America, whereas in Western Europe everything goes according to rules and guidelines.

Also I love, LOVE, the public transport in South America. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's absolutely atrocious but that's what makes it so fun. It was a huge adventure to take 10 hour bus rides through the Andes at night with a drunk as fuck busdiver, people getting smashed in the back of the bus, making music while there's chickens in a coop sitting on the chair next to you. Absolutely some of the best memories o my life were created in the absolutel worst buses I've had the displeasure of riding on.

Furthermore the people in South America are way more open and chill than in most European countries. I'm not exaggerating, I'd stand at the side of a dancefloor and a girl would come up to me within 5 minutes going "You're a tourist right, I'll teach you to dance!" and then suddenly Id be hanging out with her friends and they'd treat me like an insider.

However, while they'll treat you like an insider it's harder to make actual friends there in my opinion. They'll be interested in you because you're a foreigner but you won't really be a part of their inside group (even if they try to treat you as such)

So yeah, good parts and bad parts but in my personal experience overwhelmingly good. Would recommend going to South America in general and Colombia specifically

>Perú
>dudas.jpg

>It was a huge adventure to take 10 hour bus rides through the Andes at night with a drunk as fuck busdiver, people getting smashed in the back of the bus, making music while there's chickens in a coop sitting on the chair next to you.

BTW, this obviously isn't the norm but it was still fun to experience several times and that would never happen in Europe.

Argentina is already developed. Chile may be developed one day but come on...they are way too poor and uncivilized

This

wtf are you saying? chileans are the most powerful race in LA

PLS COME TO BRAZIL

I'm not falling for this

so basically the olds Aztec and Inca empires?

I was there for the olympics.

>tfw you will never sit on the beach again
>watching amazing women play and swim
>you will never again flirt with the pretty mullato girl at the bar
>you will never fuck her her brains out again
>you will never see her brown eyes again
>her freckles
>you will never hear her cute laugh again
>you will never again tell her how much you love her, and kiss afterwards.

Hell or worse, I will return to Brazil Sup Forums.

>It was very weird for me to not be able to go whereever alone and drunk and at night... In these countries you have to make sure you don't wander off by yourself into the wrong neighbourhood. I sometimes had to take detours when walking home from university because on some streets it was almost guaranteed I'd get robbed.
Isn't it mostly in Colombia? Other countries in SA are safer.

>On the other end of the spectrum is the more laid back nature of life there. Everything is more chill. In the Netherlands I feel like we're already more chill than most of Europe, but compared to Latin America we're still quite uptight. Life has a more improvasinal tone to it in South America, whereas in Western Europe everything goes according to rules and guidelines.
>Furthermore the people in South America are way more open and chill than in most European countries. I'm not exaggerating, I'd stand at the side of a dancefloor and a girl would come up to me within 5 minutes going "You're a tourist right, I'll teach you to dance!" and then suddenly Id be hanging out with her friends and they'd treat me like an insider.
I feel the same.

>It was a huge adventure to take 10 hour bus rides through the Andes at night with a drunk as fuck busdiver, people getting smashed in the back of the bus, making music while there's chickens in a coop sitting on the chair next to you.
Sounds fun but also risky.

Cheers m8 thanks for this long reply.

>Any Latin American country
>developed by 20xx
Loving this meme

>Isn't it mostly in Colombia? Other countries in SA are safer.

Yeah well of course every major city in these country has parts that are less safe and more safe. In smaller villages in Colombia (which I visited a lot due to being an avid birder) I felt as safe as in my home town.

These countries*, sorry

It was also weird to have to bribe a police officer, I had never done that before

Understood. How was your Spanish when you went there?

Developed by 2050
Uruguay, Chile, Argentina
Maybe Costa Rica and Panamá

It was ok when I arrived, near fluent after ~3 months there and then shit again when I was back home for 6 months.

Rio is a top tier city if you know it. Come home my man.

Nice

Brazil have a lot of PIB

I will try man, I will try.

I work as a journalist, so they paid my travel there.

Right now though I can't afford the money from my salary alone sadly..

BROWN

ABO

Why don't you try some freelancer job here as a correspondent? Try learning portuguese (I guess you don't speak it) and I think you will have plenty of jobs available. My neighbor is married to a french woman who works like this.

DICK

Not on hard data, compare the projected growth in HDI to Europe

hdr.undp.org/en/content/projection-human-development-index-growth-region

Someone had posted projections here for individual countries (the Sweden a third world country by 2030 thread) which had Mexico on average above .800 HDI for 2030

By 2050 the region on average should have HDI equal or better than Southern Europe today, yes, a few countries are not quite going to make it.

I thought of it, honestly. I just need to learn Portuguese..

It wouldn't be a bad idea honestly... I freelanced for a UK employer for a while and I had lots of fun.

It's good that you have info from the future, maybe you can tell me some lottery numbers

Not only visit, but if I were retiring today, Latin America would be where I'd go. If I could find good opportunities there, I'd move there sooner to work, but for now my sights are on Asia.

I could see myself living in any of those countries, but Colombia would be my first choice.

Chile is Mapuche

I think that's the way to go if you really want to live here. Portuguese can't be that hard to grasp once considering you speak a romance language already.

How similar is it to Spanish?

Would love to learn both to visit the other SA countries as well.

I think it's easy, my brother, who bearly finished high school learned Spanish in 2 months when he went there to work.

>How similar is it to Spanish?
It's mutually intelligible regarding writing, not so much when speaking. You will probably be able to communicate with spanish speakers tho once you learn portuguese. It's good to be romance master race man.

Captcha: "tutto familia"

Thanks!

Yeah it's glorious to speak a Latin language. I got by easly in Italy. Couldn't understand entire sentences but individual words and that was enough to get by.

Germany
>80million people
>3 trillion Euros GDP

>3 trillion Euros GDP
Holy shit nigger what are you doing

Arica and Tacna are BOLIVIAN CLAY
North Chile and South Peru are Bolivian

ROMANIANS in south america NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

poor chileans and argies

>Argentina
Nice meme you got there

WHY THE FUCK IS VENEZUELA IN MERCOSUR
EVERY TIME I SEE THIS MY BLOOD STARTS TO BOIL
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

mexico wil always be usa's toilet, sorry

brazil will surpass u soon

And you will always be our toilet :DDDD

Also nice almost-get.

Half was inca half was mapuche

we build wall sorry

flush

Even before 2050, to flee the French Islamic Caliphate

Seems to be going well

I thought Chile was already developed

Your country is just a tax heaven, it meas its everyones public toilet

it's not and probably it never will

We are used to think of Chilean natives more as Araucanos, why did the term become disused/offensive?

That Panama is not me.

fuck the incas
Chile is mapuche

All Mapuches are Araucanos but not all Araucanos are Mapuches.

araucano or mapuche terms are not disused/offensive at all, but the term inca/incaico is strongly related to peru, and that could be offensive since many people here hate peru

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

Yeah like Switzerland.

>I visited 3/4
>I plan to visit Mexico in the nearby future
>Wow which ones did you visit?
Polish intellectuals

>Bolivia
Forever landlocked. Bolivian farmlands are brazilian's farmers clay

wew just noticed
I thought it was about all SA countries

kek I didn't notice either

kek neither do i