If a white guy made this album all these music sites would say its just another indie white people problems album

if a white guy made this album all these music sites would say its just another indie white people problems album

but because hes black and bi it's a radically emotional and vulnerable album :'(((

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jp-5bcrrBu0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes, and? are you going to cry about it you butthurt cumskin alt-right pussy bitch? you have privilege they do not have (whether you admit it or not),so their art isn't contextualized in the same way yours is. get over it.

what privelege? white people are infinitely less priveledged than blacks now a days

whites have it harder than blacks ever did

>you have privilege they do not have (whether you admit it or not),so their art isn't contextualized in the same way yours is. get over it.
this is more racist than using racial slurs

>whites have it harder than blacks ever did

yes, we all remember when white people were literal slaves in north america for 300 years :^)

you're lucky you said in north america, otherwise you would've had to acknowledge the slavery of white people

Why does race matter? Isn't every human individual different to their own?

>OOGA BOOGA GIBS DAT ASS MUFUGGUH BIX NOOD
What did he mean by this guys?

i'll never understand this album because i'm not black or gay

>2016 and still caring about what music sites and reviewers say about an album rather than listening to it yourself and forming your own opinion

sites and blogs are great for recommendations for shit i wouldn't have otherwise come across, though. i like to discover new artists.

The subject matter isn't the problem, the music is just meh.

>l these music sites would say its just another indie white people problems album
Albums like that still get acclaim though, see Benji or Carrie & Lowell.

if a white guy released an album called "dreadlock" it would be cultural appropriation

that doesnt mean you have to listen to their opinion or be bothered by it. Just find the music and then listen to it, its simple

>why does race matter?

'cumskin' fuck off nigger

shut up nigga

the privilege of having a three digit IQ

feels p good desu

You hit the nail on the head op

FUCK Sup Forums

This post is 100% right, but Sup Forums is stupid as usual.

>what privelege? white people are infinitely less priveledged than blacks now a days
This is true

Black people are now automatically considered to be better and make more worthwhile music by the media nowadays

It's hard to get anywhere in life unless you're a woman, gay, black, or really beta/feminized.

i assume frank ocean is normie shit so you really can't be surprised that people would defend shit to the death

Post your face when the whitest album of this year was made by a gay nigger

>there werent any white slaves

poor irish lulzz

haha

>black guy uses muh ambient elements muh art pop in an album just like literally every single other indie artist is doing
>he nominally fits into the "R&B" category so it's GROUNDBREAKING and AVANT-GARDE and EXPERIMENTAL

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>tumblr

>no white slaves

>you share a site with people that actually believe this
sometimes i forget

instead of crying about Sup Forums how about you faggots explain to me what makes this album so good

>this cocksucking Tumblrista thinks niggers in America have it bad

lol @ u

muh weird sounds it doesn't sound exactly like radio pop therefore good

its easier for them to make posts like "Back to Sup Forums" or "le people actually believe this!! xD" (see ) than to actually write about how this album is great and not just another rich people problems indie snooze-fest

>hes black and bi bro that makes all his petty problems REAL problets bro ! >.

>"w-well user he's b-black (so cool!) and bi (biphobia is real!) and making experimental music (woah ambient noises!)

Not even Sup Forums, I quit that shit cause it was too toxic, but Sup Forums bends over backwards for minorities, it's fucking pathetic. This albums is a 6/7 at best

>acknowledging disparities in privilege is racist

kill yourself bruv

Yea, i completely agree. It's not trash but its definitely not amazing like Sup Forums says it is. It had some legitimately good moments and rather boring ones too. And, as a minority, my opinion is definitely more important and valid than a white persons'.

WE ON TOP NOW WHITE BOY

Sup Forums was a fucking mistake

it's about the music, honestly. this album is beautifully made. the lyrics are applicable to any person, he doesn't milk the gay thing. it's about musicianship I think. this threads already shit tho so gj

Could the respective sides of this "debate" kindly fuck the fuck off?

Enjoy the music, ffs. Or don't. It doesn't matter. Literally no one is going to change their opinion as a result of an angry reply from a stranger on the internet. If anything, it only serves to reinforce their already furious mental masturbation.

Except every race, gender, etc has its own advantages and disadvantages. If you think every white person automatically has it better than every black person simply because of race you're a moron.
Also, bad music is bad music. I like the album, but don't play the race card when someone disagrees with your opinion on are. Fuck you

why do americans have to make everything about race just enjoy the music, live your lives, follow the 'generally don't be a dick' rule and you'll be fine

~none of this matters~

is he from outer space too?

The state of the modern music industry and reviews is the following

>Socially conscious album by black dude-BNM on p4k 100% of the time

>Socially conscious music by leftist white band

Normally BNM

>Regular indie record

Panned for not being too inclusive

U jelas white boi

Niggas be on top now

Brown Turkroach here. All these politically correctness shit bores me to death desu. BLOND is a shitty try-hard album and it is treated like the next big thing. It is not fair. D'Angelo made better albums and they deserved every acclaim but this Blond is only hyped because of

>muh gayness
>muh blackness

Shut up Tyrone you'll be working on my plantation once Trump is elected

You forgot that any run-of-the-mill ignorant rap album is guaranteed a 7+ provided:

1) the artist is indeed black

2) the artist isn't extremely popular ; e.g. lil wayne could get a 5 with no issues, but a random Shy Glizzy mixtape will easily net a 7

does "on top" mean getting babied by everyone because they think you need a helping hand?
blacks in america used to have pride, they used to have to fight twice as hard just to be recognized as an equal, political correctness is destroying everything they built

Jose here. I hate it when white people tell me im a victim of the man but i love white sjw pussy. The album was alright.

nooo you dont understand this is a board for AUTSITIC people.

go fuck yourselves

skin color does not change the actual content of music, thematically or lyrically.

neo-conservative kids know fucking shit about anything and will willfully and retardedly invent a fake version of history to fit their anti-"SJW" view of things

>tfw you can't get pretend to be a victim and get pity sex from dumb girls

oh great are neo-conservative and anti-SJW the latest buzzwords kids are throwing around nowadays?

Why is hip hop and R&B such a fucking boring genre? Why does all the black music now sound the same and have boring "muh depression" or "muh sex" lyrics?

Um, no.

P4k is hyper inflating shitty rap albums. Even though Frank is not shit, P4k hypes up anything that has a song about Trayvon in it

But didn't James Blake's self titled get rave reviews? Blonde is basically that but a bit more creative.

>blonde is basically that but a bit more creative

(you)

>political correctness is destroying everything they built
Not a commie in any way, but Slavoj Zizek is 100% right when he's talking about our post-whatever society. Neoliberalism completely absorbs anti-neoliberalism and makes it hip and attractive. Because at the end of the day, all self-righteous #woke #radicals shop at Whole Foods, buy niche clothes and support Buzzfeed+HuffPost.

I'm doing a poor job of explaining it, but basically, no matter how much people attend BLM rallies and no matter how much they push for black history month, they're only fueling the racial fire.

Nah even if it was made by a white guy it'd still be a 9/10 imo

Reminds me a lot of pink Moon desu

>David Bowie - Blackstar
this has already been done, with more critical acclaim

not sure why everyone ITT is upset about Blonde

kill yourselves

Because Frank's black and gay which automatically makes anybody who likes his music an SJW who only likes his music because of his race and sexual orientation. Only straight white men can be judged solely on the quality of their art.

Tame Impala wasn't panned and it doesn't have any political agenda or was it made by minorities

>implying Tame Impala's whiny cucked beta white boy pro-woman viewpoint is not furthering a political agenda

The idea of there existing a "white race" and consequently a "black race" was an invention in early colonial times to further justify and promote slavery and class divide.

White supremacy is an American creation meant to convince working class white people that they have some sort of intrinsically value greater than their non-white working class counterparts, while they all get collectively screwed by employers and elites.

Race and racism is a tool of oppression, if you see yourself as justified in your racism then you are only playing into the hands of the elites.

>"shit people have different opinions to me"

It was meant as a containment board but instead it became an echo-chamber that reverberated out into all the other boards.

>black """""people"""""

There are two camps m8. One thinks its utter trite and the other thinks its high art. And something about race and gay. At first i thought it was mediocre at best, but now im warming up to it, it's alright. 7/10

There are never just two camps, the illusion of the dichotomy is the reason for this whole messy political environment.

both of these people harbor equally ignorant views on race.

Both of you should get more black friends.

>Source: A Black Man

I personally think it's shit since it relies heavily on lyrical subjects and isn't that great instrumentally. But the point of me posting it is to respond to OP.

just kidding, its just whyt ppl prublums xDD its bad haha :DDD

>brexit was a good decision
why is the pic saying this as sarcasm
it was legitimately a great thing

Congratulations for noticing that society is plagued with white/heteronormative guilt.

It'll be like this for a few more years just pass through the wave son.

Do you see how the pound plummeted?
It's not a good decision. and no i'm not talking waaaah waaah racism. I mean economically it was horrible

national identity is more important than the economy

white privilege doesn't exist but this is bullshit. black were enslaved and treated like shit by almost every civilization ever.

>Scotland leaves in response
So much for national identity.

this board is fucking garbage

>implying scotland will ever leave
youtube.com/watch?v=jp-5bcrrBu0

But a white guy didn't make the album? White guys voices don't sound like that, white guys don't write music like that.

If Frank ocean was white I'm sure music sites would acknowledge the beautiful digital landscapes and stellar songwriting on this album.

kill yourself nig

why alt right pol cancer have to invade this board

like this sounds like something my crazy uncle fester would say at a family picnic and make everyone really uncomfortable

This isn't true at all lol. Petite Noir, Le1f, The Roots, Isaiah Rashad, DJ Earl, DJ Quik, all didn't get BNM on their last projects, yet Porches, Mac DeMarco, and Tame Inpala have all gotten BNM. For basic indie. You're fucking stupid.

What? Cause I'm a Man is very much a right wing song meant to make fun of beta males

it's becoming normalized. it's spreading to the youth. people are becoming desensitized. this is the future we chose.

All those releases were overrated as hell though

This lol

Not an argument, faggot

it would still be radical and emotional if he was white desu

this is basically a way better version of j beeb's Purpose

>"white guys don't write music like that."

What do they make music like then?