Latin America = Western

Tell me why, according to you, Latin America is not part of the western world, without recurring to the "not white" or the "poor as Africa" """"""arguments"""""".

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>without recurring to the "not white" or the "poor as Africa" """"""arguments""""""
This thread will die without a single post from the Western 1st world.

>poor as shit
>BTFO by some part of the west at every point in history
>nothing more than giant plantations in the early 1900s

need I say "poor as shit" again?

"western world" is a very vague term, but yes, even if gringos can't accept it, we are a part of the western world

Just be your own thing instead of suck ups. It's not just burgers who think this.

You are just Northern Burgers.

But the thing is that it those not matter if a lot of people thinks something if there is no real base for it.

gringos doesn't mean americans, and is not like i want to be "western" but i just can't understand how we are not a part of the ""west""

it's not white and it's as poor as Africa

because the western world is considered the most developed part of the world. It's a term that applies to only western Europe and Anglo countries. Sometimes Japan and South Korea are considered to be part of the west too, but not always, because they're 1st world.

This is why Australia is part of the west and you are not.

All New World nations were created by westerns, supported by a local western elite, a western religion and attracted a great number of western immigrants though the 19th and early 20th centuries. Our languages are western, our cultural practices are western, we even have the West's exacerbated individualism.

Ok. So "wester" have, obviuosly, no cultural meaning to you. If a country is succsesful, rich and developed; then it is """"western"""".

>Sometimes Japan and South Korea are considered to be part of the west too

Crime perhaps

canadian opinions don't count ok?

fucking south americans I can't be bothered arguing with you cunts. I was just trying to answer your fucking question you uneducated fucks.

you're not western, get over it. Literally your entire continent is a 3rd world shithole.

you're not American either. Living in South America doesn't make you "American"

Judging by your definition of "western", was Argentina western in the 1910s whole Italy wasn't?

I guess this is a good one. But there are some pretty safe latin countries. Chile(3,1 Homicides for every 100 thousand inhabitants) for example, is safer than the U.S(4.7 Homicides for every 100 thousand inhabitants).

>whole
while*

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

no, fuck off. Nowhere in South America is western

now stop arguing semantics with me, I didn't invent the definition.

drugs

There is a big drug culture in the U.S. too.

not mass cultivation

Nice cherrypicking.
>no, fuck off. Nowhere in South America is western
Not an argument.
>now stop arguing semantics with me, I didn't invent the definition.
Not only is your definition of western not the sole or most popular one, it's also, by far, the most retarded one. Go ask a Japanese if he's "western". If not even they agree to be part of the West, then you have no business including them in your little snowflakes group.

>(...)This usage occurs despite the fact that many countries that may be culturally "Western" are developing countries - in fact, a significant percentage of the Americas are developing countries.(...)

What I get from this is that, while Latin America is not economically western, it is in fact culturally so.

I have no objection to that.

I would doubt that. And even so. Drugs are mass produced in only a few countries in Latin America.

I'm not cherrypicking you dunce, nobody considers Brazil western. It's a crime ridden 3rd world shithole

if anybody is cherrypicking, it's you.

coca plants are native to and largely cultivated in South America. I've never heard of it being grown in the us, probably for the large amount of leaves needed to make a small amount.

What about marijuana.

So?
Alright, let's follow your train of "thought". Chile, like said, has a lower murder rate than the US and its GDP per capita is slightly below Latvia's. Are they western? Because they clearly aren't a "crime ridden 3rd world shithole".

>if anybody is cherrypicking, it's you.
Ah yes, the "no u" response.
user, I'm serious when I say you might have some mental problems. You can't express your views properly (not even talking about who's right or wrong), and you get angered too easily. I didn't insult you a single time during this time we interacted, while you insulted me in everything single opportunity. I suggest you find a psychologist.

>tfw TN
What the fuck?
This state never really seemed DUDE WEED to me.

1. not white
2. poor as africa
3. lower standards of living (can't drink tap water)
4. don't speak english

kay fine you're western, happy?

you're also now the lowest ranked western country in every measure possible, with a significant gap between you and the 2nd lowest. Income, safety, violence, quality of life, crime rates, murder, rape, cleanliness, development, you're now the bottom of the barrel in every regard.

happy now? you're western! we changed the definition so that you could be included. is that all you want to hear?

Is Marseille not western then?

meh, its not really a crime at this point, the US is on its way to full legalization, mainly because its a strain on the criminal justice system to house people for it. comparing it to cocaine isnt really fair, though I hate the retarded stoner culture. less addictive than cigs, havent really heard a solid argument against it.

This is exactly what I'm talking about. No arguments, no constant train of thought, insults everywhere. Read your last post again. If you can't see the blatant anger and the obvious fallacy you comitted there, then I'm sorry, I can't help you.

1. Invalid ITT
2. Invalid ITT
3. I can drink tap water. I'm not sure about every single Latin Country, but tap water quality here is pretty good.
4. This would implly that most of Europe is not western, while India and a shitton of african nations would be.

Too poor

What about meth and other chemical drugs?

because Brazil is not western, none of your arguments can change that simple fact

what do you hope to gain by arguing with me here right now? Point out fallacies all you want, Brazil still isn't western.

TFW 4th best country in the American continent according to Prosperity Index

Culturally, Geographically, and Historically unique and distinct.

>psychologist
I consider that a compliment. 9 out of 10 anons on Sup Forums need a psychiatrist.

u can't be western if u look like this

latin americans look like nasty little monkeys.

I dont know too much about that, I'd assume that its not as wide spread as plant based because the ave. joe can't make it/reproduce it like weed. you can get weed in alot of places. BUT
I do live in a place where meth is more prevalent, and I can remember hearing a house in my town blew up cause they mixed it wrong fucking lol.

I throw this to the thread, and Op.
How do you think the olympics went?

What if you don't?

LA bros, stop arguing with idiots. They are just bating. /thread

Marseille is far more western than most cities in Brazil. It's in Europe, for starters.

Whatever floats your boat. Doesn't matter if the majority of Canadians thinks Brazil isn't western, we, along with the rest of Latin America, are still culturally western, for the same reasons I've been listing ever since this thread started.

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I have a psychologist and he did wonders with me.

You're too poor to be western

ok cool, culturally you are

economically, no. Which is a completely different measurement.

And when people say the "western world" they are not referring to Brazil.

>it doesn't matter what westerners think, we're western too!

Latin America is obviously a part of the West. They are related to the Western Christianity. Their political traditions are clearly western, even if they have some problems with proper implementation of republican ideals. Their architecture, paintings, sculptures, literature, philosophy are western, actually some of the best western thinkers/writers were born there - Borges, Marquez, Davila, Cortazar, Llosa, de Oliveira etc. etc.

In Europa Universalis South America is only western if it is colonized by western Europe.

So in this case, yes, South America is western.

Of course it can be considered Western, but discussing it here is pointless since Sup Forums is full of edgy kids who think they are neo nazis.

Sudacas are not western.

Non troll answer is that SA is western because of its cultural and religious colonial heritage.

IE; christianity, european languages

/thread

The Carnival is a festivity that was born in the anciant Roman Empire.

Well, obviously Swedistan isn't western.

Ireland is a surprise however.

To me the term "western" always was a synonym of "a developed first world country", but sure if someone called Latino America western I wouldn't disagree with him, because it can also mean "countries that were influenced by Europe politically, culturally, racially, etc."

>Sometimes Japan and South Korea are considered to be part of the west too, but not always, because they're 1st world.
>
>This is why Australia is part of the west and you are not

fucking when

wild mestiza blood dominates south america

you cannot tame that.

fuck off, we don't want to be '"If you kill them they win" -Westerners' group.
stay away and keep your lgbt shit out of here you degenerates

I think it is too late for that.
But this ideologies are not as strong in Latin America as they are in Europe, for example.

Calm down, Jamal.

There is nothing wrong with LGBT learn to live with the times

You should ask European's, seeing as they are the traditional West

That being said, Australia as well as all commonwealth countries (minus SA and india) and USA are considered western.

It almost seems like an arbitrary label for development (highly), religion (christian) and ethnicity (white).

wait, what's his name again?

Well, he is from Argentina so he is black.

Who is pic related

Aren't you the Panamad poster?

Brazilian living in Japan.

We are definitely western, believe me.

>Believe me

I don't believe you, user. Sorry

There are only 2 "big" carnivals here (mil tambores and con la fuerza del sol), but none of them are celebrated within the traditional carnival time

I think you should tell us why you think otherwise.

Guys, please stop embarrassing yourselves. Be proud of being Latin America and stop sucking off the gringos and the yuropoors.

Roots of the language
Germanic vs hispanic
Granted, that would also exclude spaniards, french, and italians

>so said spain, one of the two perpetrators of the fuckfest that it latin america

if they just did that then it wouldn't be the Sup Forums we love anymore.

that's what I believe and totally agree with you. and that's why I was ignoring this thread(that i've seen made at least 3 times before) and now I'm replying with a sage