So is /shugazi/ not a thing anymore? I feel out of the loop

So is /shugazi/ not a thing anymore? I feel out of the loop.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLTIKFfkfLY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It gets boring because there are only like maybe 50 good shugazi albums in existence

I hope so, generals are cancer

Funny how Sup Forums doesn't even discuss those. These threads are basically only plebs jerking off about MBV and Slowdive, retarded kids saying Ride is britpop and some faggot requesting music like Sweet Trip.
Also, just posting a pic of Whirlpool and saying it's good doesn't count as fucking discussion.

it's a shame. you have to dig through a lot of shitty shit but eventually I got a few good recs. Whirr and Oeil were good finds

Pick one.

never heard slow dive but I fuckin glove MBV loveless, what do?

Listen to Ride.

I went to a show in Long Beach like two weeks ago called Shugazi. I think Sup Forums is starting to leak into the real world.

Fuck, normies are ruining our secret codewords.

Whirr is fucking shit, m8.

Slowdive isn't really drony and is more dreamy, melodic and slow imho. It also has that dank wall of sound. Souvlaki is a masterpiece and their best one (imho), I actually prefer it to Loveless. Then again I think that Isn't Anything is almost better than Loveless (and I love Loveless), so ymmv.

Was thinking of making my entire shoegaze collection (all FLAC and highly organized, full discogs and all) available for /shugazi/ on soulseek once I move and get unlimited internet.

Also does anyone have the noispop chart made awhile ago?

>flac
Stop.

>lossy

>diiv
dev probably lurked shugazi threads when he was still here

This. Why I don't fuck with /shugazi/ threads anymore. You either run into hardheaded MBV fans ir fucks that really should be in a /noise rock/ thread.

Ethereal gaze is best gaze.

not him but why? is FLAC a meme?

I listened to Chapterhouse - Whirlpool yesterday and I didn't like it as much as I'd hoped. Some parts give me negative, un-dreamy vibes and the production felt kind of weak. Anything I'm missing about this record?

Yes, now the symbol became the myth

"THE WORLD IS FULL OF NOISE, YEA
I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME" :^(

Shoegaze really isn't a big enough or current enough genre to have near daily threads. Hopefully they still pop up from time to time though.

>ethereal gaze is best gaze
I disagree but that's okay.

Did you at least like Breather? It isn't so much the dreamy vibe or production that I like but the rhythm that's great throughout.

mbv its a nice album and has some songs that are comparable with lovlss.
also check belong
and/or whirr

fuck u cunt

Whirr is fine, retard

Not him, Whirr are fine but they're really only just good enough to be listenable because you love shoegaze and they're one of the few bands doing a decent job.

alive and well my nigga

Um, thanks?

Distressor was really good. After that they fell off hard.

Sway is great, along with their other EPs. Not a fan of Pipe Dream though.

I loved Breather, yes. Maybe I listened to it with the wrong expectations. I was expecting something like LSD&TSFG, but it ended up being pretty in your face. I'll listen to it again when I'm not feeling like something mellow.

reminder

nothing good has been released lately

>peripheral vision
>shoegaze
???

>Also does anyone have the noispop chart made awhile ago?
I know one you has this.

Can anybody rec me shoegaze that feels super mellow? I love listening to a wall of distorted, modulated guitars playing in such a way that it's very soothing. Thanks in advance!

This sounds like really good stuff, thanks! May be exactly what I was looking for.

God damn it I reacted to myself. Sorry user, it was an accident.

Comeback after you listened and tell me if it was what you wanted or something else

This desu

>FUCK ME IN THE ASS WITH YOUR HOT TEENAGE COCK

I'm not going to make it while this thread lasts, but it'll end up on my iPod some time in the next two days and I'll leave my thoughts about it in some next thread.

Anyone ever heard of this?

>shugazi
I never really understood this, where does it come from? What does it mean?

You're right. There's barely any discussions in these threads. No one talking about effects or bands, just a bunch of people posting the same albums and saying they're good.

DO it

>Is FLAC a meme?
No. If you can't tell the difference from mp3 then you're either deaf or you have shitty headphones /speakers

It might seem like shoegaze by the numbers, but you need to remember this was one of the first shoegaze records, that set a lot of standards for the genre.

modss

these guys are underrated...

youtube.com/watch?v=uLTIKFfkfLY

That is an epic meme and totally not true btw

Shoegaze just has a small community of fans here

It is pretty much true though, there's not much to talk about that hasn't already been said in the 500 previous /shugazi/ threads.

But like I said earlier, it's still nice to have them every so often.

true

Well I could make the same case for Noise and metal.

Definitely not true for metal, there's still a lot of metal being released today and metal is a massive genre.

I think the noise scene is healthier than shoegaze too.

I'm not against shugazi, I like the threads, just saying a break maybe wouldn't be so bad.

It pretty much happens to every general on Sup Forums. The same stuff gets repeated until there is something new related to that general.

which Cranes album is the most shugazi?

someone thought shoegaze was pronounced like fugazi

wings of joy for sure

thank ye

enjoy man, they have a unique sound

Pure X - Pleasure

is exactly what you're looking for

I was just listening to Wings of Joy before you suggested it. I think I prefer Forever even though it's less shugazi. I felt like Wings of Joy was more osbcure though.

fair enough! i thought forever was a little too poppy but to each his own

kuroyuki shimai - tsuki no shoku is a rec if you like the cranes aesthetic without the shugazi

>kuroyuki shimai - tsuki no shoku
I like it poppy. I'll check your rec out, thanks again.

is there honestly anything that comes even close to this? like even blatant ripoffs will do. fuck i love souvlaki

Personal fav here too. Can't get enough of this album.

yes i thought it was ok. a few songs were pretty great