Giro d'Italia

Hello /cyc/
The 2016 Giro d'Italia begins tomorrow with a prologue in the Dutch city of Apeldoorn.

Come and talk about your expectations, favourites and all things cycling.

Other urls found in this thread:

inrng.com/2016/05/who-will-win-the-2016-giro/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

are heat sensing cameras used to detect frauds?

I think they are used to get clicks and page views.

>no Aru
why?

also who you got to win? Valverde, Uran, Nibali, Landa, Hesjedal are all potential candidates

Aru will lead Astana in the TdF.

ah cool, it would be stupid to have Aru and Nibali competing for the same race
hope he does well in France, i really like him

Best GT of the year.

Planning on getting wet in the rain today so I'll get the flu or something to call in sick and stay cozy at home for the Giro.

L-lewd

You can bet I'll have a hard on just thinking of Aru moving that ass up the Alps.

I hope Hesjedal has a good two weeks and then gets destroyed in the third. Get his and his team's hopes up and then seeing them crushed.

I want Nibali to win with Fuglsang on the podium (a girl can dream)

inrng.com/2016/05/who-will-win-the-2016-giro/

I have 2 euro on Uran 14/1 #bigspender

Hello Christian (or Dr. Gravesen), good to see you still exist.

>using pedals

Hello

Really wanna get into road cycling but it's like £1,500 for a decent bike
>mfw

Buy 2nd hand.
If you think 1500 is a lot, you haven't even seen what things that are almost as important as decent bike cost.
Proper bib shorts and jerseys.
Good cycling shoes.
A good seat.
Good position.
Good tires.
These will make much huger deal than you'd think, mare than the bike. Actually, a good seat (for you, don't buy the marketing BS, you'll have to try a lot of them) and cycling shoes along with some professional fitting will be much more important than the bike.

t.spent like 8000€ so far

you forgot +£200 for a decent PRO shoes, +£180*7 for a PRO clothing(including PRO socks), +£250 for a GARMIN/Polar traker + £35.99 for a PRO heart sensor + £15/month subscribe for a BLOGS of 30.y.o balding managers trying to justify their life by constantantly raping their body in muh triatlon

freds

Quite the opposite in my case.

>spent like 8000€ so far
you're a fred my man

- Blood Doping in Professional Cycling
- EPO: Chemical Doping
- Steroid Abuse in Professional Cycling
- Amphetamine Abuse

No, a Fred is the opposite.
A Fred has no clue on the traditions, etiquette or even if something he buys has any real benefit.

I started cycling a decade ago.
My first bike was a aluminum 2nd hander I bought for 400€ and I spend like 80€ on shoes and clothes total.
Over time, as I got better, I tried better stuff for what I needed and that suited the kind of cycling I enjoy.

Now, fuck off.

Forgot pic.

Decent, not pro used bike: 300 €
Shoes+pedals+cleats: 100€
Helmet, basic kit and glasses (Lidl): 50€
New tires and tubes: 100€
New chain, basic tools and pump: 100€

Pays off for the couple 1000 km last year =)

LANDAWINSLOL

Any of the following in the race: Contador, Quintana, Froome, Aru, Valverde?

>even if something he buys has any real benefit.
that is literally you

non-freds use chinkcarbon or old CAADs, etc. if you're paying more than 100eurodollars for cleats, seat and bibs COMBINED, you're being ripped off like the fred looking mong you are
>professional fitting
good goy

I'm gonna do it anyway brahs im determined, I think its something I could be really really good at

i think you are confusing non-freds with poor people.

Valverde

What stages are you looking foward to, guys?

pls be in Graz

Good luck

two two snow it

I'll be watching them go by on saturday, while drinking a pink beer that a brewery that's on the route has made for the occasion.
Should be fun.

The Danske Pokkal was today

Sounds great! Mad jelly that Holland has so many grand tour starts atm.
The Giro start in Denmark was on the other side of the country from me so couldn't be bothered. We should get the TdF start in 2019 or 2020 though. Hopefully they include Copenhagen.

tyskke pokkal

Will you hold up a sign so we can spot you?

No, but I might hold up my pink beer. It's in Groesbeek.

nice, chrono-climing is back
plus Kastelruth and surroudnings is one of the most beatiful places in Italian Alps, should be a good afternoon

meant to quote the OP obviously