That one album everyone hates but you like

Whats their name Sup Forums

>le dated production
Who gives a fucking shit if the song writing is on top?

This is a great album though. The other Gilmour albums and the Final Cut are the ones no one likes.

I hear nothing but shit talked about this album cause the politics are ham-fisted and it's trying too hard to be danceable

Is it even right to consider the Final Cut as a Floyd album? It just sounded like Roger was bitching the whole time, Not now John and Two Suns In The Sunset are the only good songs from it.

>shitting on title track and the gunner's dream

>picks the worst two songs on it, the ones that ruin the flow after the title track, which would've been a GOAT closer
Ok

Everyone hates Kamasi's album on here but i enjoyed it, even though it's a bit derivative in parts

my nigga

That magma album everyone pretends doesn't exist. I still don't really know the hate for it. It was the first one i listened to by them.

I'm not sure if I ever listened to it, but as a kid I was always amazed by that cover since my dad owns it.

idk why
I hate most of pink floyd

>I hate most of pink floyd
(You)

I have problems with it but I still enjoy it

It's one of those albums that are so much better live (in concert). If you can, do yourself a favor and see it and hear it performed live - it's just something else.

It reminds me when I was an angsty teenager
atom heart mother is great, I love that album
the wall is shite desu, and so its the dark side of the moon

I dont like pink floyd except from a couple albums

People don't give MCR enough credit.

bullshit
I saw roger rabbit's the wall, pretty lame desu

The whole thing was designed to be audio-visual from the start. That's why they brought in Gerald Scarfe, who also did the centerfold art.

Do you maybe think that's because they're utter shit?

This

God-tier album. They were ahead of their time at this release.

is this a new meme

atleast scaruffi agrees

>the gunner's dream isn't a great song

What drugs are you on?

Everyone writes them off as NMEcore but they are more than that.

No, MCR's first two albums are good.

From Gojira?
their magma album is fucking amazing.
although its different from their other stuff its definately still gojira

If they wanted to make good music it would have been best for them to go under a name other than Pink Floyd because I think that forced them to make music that 'sounds like Pink Floyd,' but I guess that was the point anyway and they knew that there'd be enough people to believe it. They were just so much better when they had Roger Waters to give them a direction to channel their abilities in. At his best he was actually the perfect front man, because he had clear ideas on how to get the best out of David and Rick. Even on Animals, which is probably their best album, there's a balance between abstract, surreal atmospheres and this esoteric rage. "In the end you'll pack up, fly down south, and hide your head in the sand, just another sad old man, all alone and dying of cancer." He actually sounds legitimately mad. There's genuine seething rage in those lyrics. You're just never going to get anything remotely as authentic on anything past the Final Cut.

I personally enjoy the movie way more than the album.

I think it's their best album.

Roger Waters was a control freak who singlehandedly dismantled Pink Floyd because everyone was getting sick of "society sucks and my dad is dead" for every single album.

High Hopes off of Division Bell is probably one of the most emotionally charged songs Pink Floyd ever put out, so your claim of authenticity is skewed.

Can't help it.

No what I said is pretty accurate overall, you're trying to turn what I said into complete black and white so you can say I'm wrong. Of course they did some good stuff without Roger Waters. On the Turning Away is a pretty great song, and One Slip is pretty good. And yeah sure High Hopes is fantastic and all that stuff, but it's still like, "This is so good and everyone's going to know this is really good and think it's one of our best songs." I'm not defending Roger Waters. Obviously he destroyed Pink Floyd with his ego, but his way of writing was way more direct and raw, and his bitterness and cynicism was one of the things that made Pink Floyd seem so interesting in the 70's as apposed to the airy-fairy rubbish they came up with after he left. Plus, most of the lyrics on a Momentary Lapse of Reason and the Division Bell were written by Anthony Moore anyway, who's lyrics I've always thought sounded like just totally contrived garbage. Like Dogs of War is the direct opposite of, say, Dogs. On Dogs it almost sounds like Roger Waters is trying to contain his rage on some level - the song Pigs On the Wing was actually put on the album to keep the album from sounding just like a scream of rage - while on Dogs of War it sounds like it's just really manufactured, like they're trying to sound mad because Roger Waters was known for sounding mad and that's part of their sound they're known for, and the whole purpose of post-Waters Pink Floyd from the get go was to sound like Pink Floyd to carry Pink Floyd along longer. So yeah, I'm really not wrong.

One of the only acceptable nu metal albums.

not OP but I loved Magma too, totally underrated.

I won't say everyone, but it's almost always on the bottom of all Sonic Youth lists.

I like this one as an interesting experience. That Cover is iconic as hell though

You are not alone, pal.

This is still more intense than most actual metal tho

great album

>shitting on The Post War Dream

It's a 7/10 album, probably the worst album released by Pink Floyd except for that one I don't care about, but better than anything they put out after Roger left. Those three albums should just be erased from existence honestly, they serve no purpose. The Final Cut at least felt like some kind of statement saying that the thing that Pink Floyd once were doesn't exist anymore, so in that sense it's a good breakup album. The Gilmour albums feel like they're just trying to resurrect a corpse. And actually the Final Cut sounds like the perfect bleak and dreary note for Pink Floyd to go out on, even if it does show their front man having become a complete oppressive egomaniac and squashed everything they could do. If that's where it was all going then so be it.

Probably just nostalgia goggles since I used to listen to it with my kid radio cassette player before anything more than what I heard on radio was even a thing in my 7yo head.

that's because most of the Sonic Youth lists you see out there are made by plebs who prefer more accessible stuff like Dirty and Washing Machine over the more ambient and experimental albums like Evol and Confusion Is Sex.

I've seen tons of people bashing it, even thought it's a way more solid album than (III) and (II) imo

I think this album gets too much slack because of the fanbase it attracted. I like it a lot.

not amazing but actually good

one of my favs

My nugget

Amen

I hate the fact that it bothers me that both roger and dave said they think atom heart mother is utter garbage. I wish it didn't affect me, but now I can't listen to the album at all. All I can think is them and how blasé they must have felt forcing their way through a track and an album they didn't like, how they felt they had no coherence and had no clue what the fuck they where doing.

Fuck. I wish I could just not give a shit.

The Global Communication version is better T B H

Mumford and Sons - Wilder Mind