Now the hype has settled down, what does Sup Forums really think?

Now the hype has settled down, what does Sup Forums really think?

Very boring and uneffective

AOTYSF

I think Thom is on a shitton of antidepressants.

The tone of the album is just so much less sharp and focused than before.
It still hits home, but with a cloth-covered bat instead of a knife.

I listened to it the first time about a week ago after having Burn the Witch on heavy rotation since it was released. I thought it was the best thing Radiohead's done since Hail to the Thief; probably my third-favorite album of theirs after Kid A and The Bends.

Disappointing.

Underwhelming from Radiohead. I think it will grow to be one of those albums that people will bring up years later as growing into their favorite, but won't win a crowd by a landslide like OKC did.

A little too depressing, even for Radiohead. The entire thing feels like an evolved Kid A.

true love waits is about as sharp and as devastating as anything they've put out. i kinda wish they stayed with the live acoustic guitar arrangement tho

9/10 still

Depressing and great album, but I don't really like Tinker Tailor and the Numbers that much

worst songs of the album

9/10 overall

their worst since Pablo Honey, but still bretty good

GOAT

not great. i hate the new direction they're going in with this groovy orchestral shit. i give it a 6/10, significantly better than TKOL.

A worthy entry to their catalog- the sonic fabric of it fascinates me even if Yorke's writing seems second drawer down.

too dark for my taste

only Identikit is a hit song, the rest is very forgetable

It's a great album but it will always get people saying it's shit and boring because radioheads held up to insanly high standards

fucking great. 9/10. hits all of those faggy feels. reminds me of Sea Change or Morning Phase.

Liked it at first then started to hate it
I've turned back and it's my personal 3rd favourite radiohead album
Anyone else had the same reaction?

it's a great album

One of their best tbqh, but I understand why some people don't like it. It's a lot more understated than their previous work and took a few listens for it to really open up to me.

It's really grrat and in their top 4 albums, tied with Blackstar for AOTY

Same as from the start, It's one of their better albums

I like it.

Right from the start it bludgeons you into depression if you weren't already there. Then True Love Waits and tears of joy? sadness? relief? I don't know except that it's beautiful. So I let the tears flow and in that moment I know. I know I just experienced true artistry.They had done it. They had done it again. Beauty in its purest essence. Raw emotion. True musical kino.

6/10

Daydreaming is one of my new favorites, but whenever I listen to Deck's Dark and Desert Island Disk I feel like it sounds like Coldplay which bothers me

Kinda cool sometimes but can be boring and bland and I can't stand it and can't take it sometimes.

It's ok. King of limbs was cool; but this is kind of like a cleaned up polished work for classical music if anything. It's nothing special; kind of like listening to cold play but I think it also means it's time for them to call it quits and end it there.

Radiohead's subtlest work. Near masterpiece

Radiohead is still best band of the world

8/10

wtf I hate radiohead now

IMO OKC is overrated though.

This

By far their most intricate and textural release. It's easy to write it off as "boring" but these compositions sound so thoroughly intentional in their approach. Couple that with it being dreary as fuck and I can see it not being everyone's cup of tea. But for me, I adore it. It's their third best IMO, and really surprised me considering how sideways of a progression TKOL seemed to me.

this

As a huge Radiohead fan I've only been able to listen through it 3 times. There are some good tracks but the album itself doesn't really offer anything interesting sonically and the mood of the album is a bit off putting. Next time I'm depressed I'll probably be able to listen to it and enjoy it more but as of now Burn The Witch is the only track I can say I listen to often.

I like it because it's so depressing.

I have a theory

People who say this sounds like Coldplay are more likely to not play an instrument themselves