Hey spee, i'm new to this. why is he so highly regarded? what was his specialty? shooting 3s? twos? jumpshots...

hey spee, i'm new to this. why is he so highly regarded? what was his specialty? shooting 3s? twos? jumpshots? shaking defenders? what?

He was a great player but he's overrated. Ironically, his best ability (defense) is the thing people don't seem to praise him for very much. I don't know if he ever won a DPOY award or not, but at one point he was a Michael Jordan-tier wing defender. That was when he was at his best. Aside from that he's not very special. He's a massive chucker, he never made his teammates better, he was often a locker room cancer. He has a reputation for being "clutch" despite all stats stating otherwise. He isn't a top 10 all time player, but he is probably top 20. His defense was seriously on another level, and he was capable of making some unbelievably ridiculous shots. He's kind of like Allen Iverson, a great player who is overrated because a bunch of kids saw him hit some crazy shots and now they've grown up with him as their hero.

It also helps that he played for the biggest market team, the league marketed him harder than LeBron and he got tremendous refball in his favor.

was he in his prime better than lebron?

Not even close to lebron

No, and I say that as someone who hates Lecuck

>What was his specialty?

Chasing Jordan's Ghost.
He failed.

>Chasing Jordan's Ghost

so he was copying Jordan? like literally?

>He failed.

would you say that if managed to win a sixth championship

No. LeBron's prime might be the best prime of any player in history. Kobr's prime was still great though. Like I said, he fucking raped opposing guards on defense. I remember watching him embarrass Allen Iverson, Jason Kidd, Steve Nash, Vince Carter, all of those top tier guards of the time looked terrible when they were being guarded by Kobr. LeBron's defense at his prime was still better, and LeBron's prime all around was much better, but Kobr at his prime was something to behold nonetheless.

>so he was copying Jordan? like literally?
Yes, Kobe is literally a vastly inferior version of Jordan (I think the only area where Kobe was better was 3 point shooting).

>would you say that if managed to win a sixth championship
Yes, because Jordan was a much better player regardless of ring count and he was the best player on his team for all 6 championships.

this

I think part of the reason Kobr is universally loved is because he is not threatening to Jordan's GOAT status. In almost every conceivable way, he is a slightly worse version of Jordan. People can love Kobr and Jordan at the same time, unlike LeBron who is better than Jordan in some aspects of the game and many hate him for that.

He thought he could be the next MJ, but his attitude was really bad, and then he raped some chick in the ass and got caught.

could he have been GOAT-tier if he had a better physique? i read somewhere that he works obsessively hard to compensate for his lack of natural talent

1. Adjusting in mid air & deviating his body as to score a point

2. Scary want that trade for trade deep export potential

3. >Shaw

Nah his natural talent was good enough. Once again he wasn't quite as athletic as Michael Jordan, but he was very close and at that level it's not much of a difference. He could dunk from the free throw line in his prime.

There are a lot of things that led to him not being GOAT, some of them aren't really his fault. His biggest failure is his chucking. Even when he played with good teams, he would take way too many heroball contested shots instead of passing to open teammates, and players left the team or didn't want to play with him because of how selfish he was. However, in his defense, he only played half of his career with good teams. For almost all of the mid 2000s, he played for some of the worst teams in NBA history. This basically ruined a decent 3-4 years of his prime, as it was Kobr + a bunch of scrubs and Kobr jacking up 50 shots a game since no one else on his team could score. He missed the playoffs a few times in that span, and he probably could have gotten an extra championship if his team was even a little bit competent at the time.

Basically Kobr being a selfish chucker and Kobr having much of his prime wasted on bad teams led to him never achieving the GOAT status. Michael Jordan was always an efficient scorer and he had one of the best teams ever for most of his career.

He's famous for knocking down really tough and contested jump shots. Also for basically being a poor mans version of Jordan

kobr has a shit personality, no one really likes him. MJ would inspire his whole team 100%. Even PJax says this in his books,

What years would you say Lebron was in his prime?

he never left

2012-2013 season for sure. Probably 2011-2012 as well. His prime was very short. I basically gauge it by his stats in terms of efficiency. In 2012-2013 he shot nearly 60% from the field, and over 40% from 3 point range. He also played the best defense of his career.

He's still the best player on the planet.

08-13 with 12-13 being the best season

Taking and making the hardest shots of all time. Being the last relic of the isoball era back when you could still win like that. 81 points.

I agree, but he is not in god form like he was 3-4 years ago. His stats drop across the board every season now, and his shooting efficiency has dropped dramatically.