Why is classical music so overwhelmingly white?

Why is classical music so overwhelmingly white?

Other urls found in this thread:

classicalmusic.about.com/od/biographies/tp/5-Famous-Asian-Classical-Composers.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slavery

Because it was European in origins in terms of instruments and musical theory, as well as basing a lot of songs on folk music and lore

And Europeans are usually white

Why is jazz overwhelming black?

It's called culture

on another note, OP, what makes you say those guys are white? The Irish were historically not considered white in America. By some defintions, none of those in your pic are white.

tfw the academia was taken over by j*ws

mozart is a pure ayran

wow.......................................................epic

Same reason there are more black jazz musicians. They just have the brain structure for it. It's the same reason for the IQ testing divide and the athletic divide. We're just built for different things.

Don't let history lie to you. Mozart was actually black, but the white man tries to send us back to the cotton fields of 500 dollar chips

SO HOL UP
*writes suite*
HOL UP SO U BE SAYING
*names it edgy title*
THAT WE
*copies reich*
WE WUZ
*lectures university*
WE WUZ KONDUCTAZ N SHIET
*sucks dick*
SHIEEEEEEEEEEEET

>Europeans are usually white

Anything worth knowing about was done by white people.

The only possible exceptions are some things done by Asians.

>Top 3 white musicians:
Bach
Mozart
Beethoven

>Top 3 black musicians:
Parker
Coltrane
Dolpy

>Top 3 asian musicians:
???

I wasn't just talking about music. I meant anything.

>>Top 3 black muscians

Lol, who cares!? Couldn't have done anything without white people.

Also
>Dolpy

>Top 3 Asians:
Psy
Psy
Psy

>dolpy above mies, munk, evens, or dingus
i shiggy the shig

gawd i wish you fuckin white supremeacists would stob ruingnin muh fucking board Dx

Who are some good classical Asian musicians?

Does Yo Yo Ma count?

except black people basically laid the foundation for rock and roll which was mainly a white artform in its peak

Louis Jordan said Rock N Roll music was just Rhythm and Blues sung by whites

he is correct

He was, he'd technically been making rock and roll years before it was even a thing, but when white people started doing it they went and gave it a new name because everything white people do is apparently so revolutionary.

Imo they changed the name because they wanted people to think they invented it and didnt want to admit to ripping off black music. Not that early white rock wasnt good either

yea just like white people stole jazz in the 40s/50's and white people copying black became much more rich and famous than blacks (chet baker, lee konitz, dave brubeck)

Really makes you think

mozart wasn't even from germany, how can he be ayran?

>Top 3 asian musicians:
Jackie chan
Godzilla
The Korean dude with the glasses

Name 3 Asians, period

The populations of the countries where most of the well-known composers came from were extremely homogenous in their racial composition. With the exception of the American composers of the early 20th century, i.e. Gershwin, Bernstain, and Copland, you won't find someone in Bach or Beethoven living in a society with a large minority population

someone has never taken a fucking history class.

Merzbow

Ryuich Sakamoto isn't white
bok can suck his shrimp cocktail

Ryuichi*
sorry for the sacrilege

mizutani
yo yo ma
????

classicalmusic.about.com/od/biographies/tp/5-Famous-Asian-Classical-Composers.htm

here you go fellas

Joe Hisashi
uhhhhhhhhh Yiruma
uhhhhhhhhh kpop

easy

>copies reich
stay on it predates music for 18 musicians