Irish Language

2bqf why doesnt the irish speak irish? I mean doesnt it feel bad knowing that you cant read a book of your people in your original language? Having some words that are exclusive to your culture, to describe feels only your language and people can convey? I mean really... This depresses me

Labhraím í.
Bíonn Gaeilge ag a lán daoine i mo cheantar. Mar sin, níl a fhios agam cad atá tú ag caint faoi, a chara.

It's a meme language only inbreds in the middle of bum fuck nowhere or autists bother with it.

t. Prod

English is literally a meme language

:3

>he says in English

That's why any remotely relevant country speaks it? Or at least the businessmen if that country attempt to learn it?

English is the language of money. Everyone knows this.

Gaelic was a beautiful language. But like Celtic, it has died. That's the way things happened.

I would have loved to learn Celtic (Scottish background) but also Latin.

Ye,ppl use memes you know.Explain how English is not a meme language by not using Latin loanwords.Cmon

Is do phleotaí an Béarla é.

English is a mixture of Germanic and Latin. It's an evolution, not a meme.

>you cant read a book of your people in your original language
So it's not your original language.

MUH heritage, no one gives a shit about their language.

It's what happens when a language is banned for hundreds of years and the strong holds of it are forced to flee abroad or starved to death. Surprised there's any communities at all still speaking it

It's a meme.Its as if someone mixed cake,patatoes and coffee and form an abnormation really cheap and addictive, so ppl all around the world eat it.Still doesn't mean its not a meme

We speak it plenty though.

Freagra don post seo nó beidh do máthair bás anocht

Úsáid thú Google Translate.
Gheobhaidh do mháthair bás anocht

>Freagra don post seo nó beidh do máthair bás anocht
Caм aдкaжы нa мaё пaвeдaмлeннe

Define 'plenty'.

delet this

Dia diaobh a chairde idirnáisiúnta inniu. Cén chaoi bhfuil sibh anocht?
Tá Coláiste agam amárach, beidh sé ceart go leor i mo thuairim pearsanta. Ach, beidh saotharlann agam sa maidin.

Irish is taught in schools?

Yes, from the ages of 4-18. It's compulsory

>albania

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Irish, is in fact, Gaels and West Brits, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Tiarna-Chine and Tanshits. Irish are not an ethnic group unto itself, but merely a geographic group made useful by based Gaels, a vital group thanks to which Europe exists.
Many Sup Forums users mistake Gaels for West Brits every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the Gaelic group is often called "Irish", and many of Sup Forumsolerants are not aware that it is basically the Gaels, a Western European masterrace.
There really are Anglophones, but Gaels are no part of it. Gaels are different, much more civilized and stuff. This is essential for you to realize. "Irish" often include Gaels, but basically it's West Brits with Gaels added. All the so called "Anglophone Irish" are really tans.

>Freagra don post seo nó beidh do máthair bás anocht
*Déan freagairt ar an bpost seo, sin nó gheobhaidh do mháthair bás anocht.

The language was supressed and Irish people as a whole are simply too lazy to revive it because English is more convenient.

Is dóigh liom go mbeadh sé 'cuir' in áit 'déan', ceart?

Taught is a strong word.

Is féidir an dá acu a rá. I nGaillimh ar aon nós, níl's agam faoin ((((chaighdeán)))

It's pretty terrible desu. Our government has let us down for nearly 100 years promoting bullshit ways of pushing Irish onto the population. Basically we have an Irish language course that lasts what, 14 years? And most people come out only being at the same level as Junior Cert French.

The problem is that every year you learn Irish in primary school you're learning from beginner's level. So every year you have an introduction to the Irish language. Irish students eventually become so disenfranchised they just don't give a fuck when they get into secondary school and it becomes (somewhat) serious.

My Irish is shit so no Irish person would listen to my opinion on how to get people to learn Irish, but over the last few years I've started to love my country so much and I really want to embrace the language. Here's my take - if we're going to teach kids for 14 FUCKING YEARS the same goddamn language we better not make it exclusively a language course. People need to understand WHY they're learning Irish. So the course in primary school at least should incorporate Irish history.

Also bby the way my Irish is shit but when I retire a 65 or whenever retirement age is when I'm old I WILL move out west and learn it properly. It's a fucking shame how liberalised and Anglicanised Dublin is.

An chaighdeán... 'Sí iontach...
Cha dtig liom a rá go bhfuil a lán grá agam dí.

2bqf why don't brazilians speak Nheengatu? I mean doesnt it feel bad knowing that you cant read a book of your people in your original language? Having some words that are exclusive to your culture, to describe feels only your language and people can convey? I mean really... This depresses me

By the time you're 65 it'll be dead as a community language.

yes, but according to an Irish mate of mine most students hate it and most teachers hate it

most people leave school struggling to hold a conversation with someone who speaks it as a first language

Bs

Same reason Americans don't speak their local Indian tongue.