Is MPP still considered Sup Forums-core?

Is MPP still considered Sup Forums-core?
I see it get shit on a lot more than praised recently. Is that just a louder minority or do people really think it's not that good any more?

(personally it's my all-time fave album but that's bESIDE THE POint)

It's just a bunch of contrarians.

MPP is perfect

it's one of the few albums that i honestly cannot find a flaw with

People like to shit on AC because their fanbase truly loves their music almost to a fault

You have to press play so u can hear how shitty it is

not a contrarian, but I really hate this album.
The production is completely sterile and lifeless, Panda's songs, for the most part, are filler, and Avey's vocals quirks are less endearing than other albums.

And don't even get me started on My Girls. What a completely banal track.

Bluish, Summertime Clothes, In the Flowers, and Brother Sport are all goat though. The rest hasn't aged as well.

All in all, Feels and Sung Tongs are much better

>not a contrarian, but I really hate this album.

i'm not gay, but i sure am a guy and i sure love fucking dudes and also having emotional romantic relationships with them

>sterile
>filler
>lifeless
Just words he's heard

People are wrong to give it shit. I don't even like it as much as albums like Feels, Here Comes the Indian, Campfire Songs, etc, but if you think Merriweather is bad you're just a contrarian the way I see it. It's an excellent record. The only problem is they've stayed in this pop direction for way to long and have basically stagnated at this point. This should have become apparent to them with Centipede Hz. If they don't take another direction they'll just continue to decline. Everything past ODDSAC has been increasingly underwhelming.

>lifeless
that's my favorite mbv album right after aren't anything

>God Tier
Strawberry Jam
Here Comes The Indian
Fall Be Kind

>Fantastic Tier
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Feels
Spirit They're Gone
Painting With

POWER GAP

>Good Tier
Sung Tongs

>Okay Tier
Danse Manatee
Campfire Songs

>Eh Tier
Centipede Hz

ok I admit i'm a little contrarian on this, I just meant that I don't actively try to think the opposite of everyone else

>Guys Eyes
>No More Runnin
>anything but filler

by sterile and lifeless, I'm comparing it to the childlike happiness and quirkiness of their past albums. MPP's production is downright generic compared to them.

>Painting With over Sung Tongs
what the fuck you doin

>God Tier
>Here Comes The Indian

switch PW with Sung Tongs and I mostly agree

guys eyes is the best song on the album what the cuck are you talking about

I was under the impression pretty much everyone disliked that track. What do you like about it, and why is it better than Bluish

I enjoy it more sorry dude

You'd be retarded to not realize how good HCTI is

Filler does not mean "a song I don't like"
Panda's style pretty much defines the album for a lot of people

I mean I get that opinions are subjective, but I just don't see that appeal of Painting With at all. It's like they took all the bad parts of MPP and amplified them, making a completely forgettable album.

HCTI is incredible though. Top 3 anco record right there, next to STGSTV and Feels

>Flawless
Feels
Prospect Hummer
Campfire Songs
>Great
Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
ODDSAC
Here Comes the Indian
Sung Tongs
People
Hollinndagain
>Good
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Water Curses
Fall Be Kind
Transverse Temporal Gyrus
Strawberry Jam
>Decent
Danse Manatee
Keep
>Underwhelming at best
9:30
Centipede Hz
Painting With
>Insulting
Monkey Been to Burntown

There's a lot I disagree with you on, but I'll say one thing; Painting With is not fantastic. Sorry.

you just need to consider that the average age of Sup Forums stays at around 18. the guys that were around when this dropped are all in their mid 20s now.
times change - they masturbate over linkin park-core bands like death grips, and radio rock like kanye now.

I'm not calling them filler simply because I don't enjoy them, I'm calling them filler because they add literally nothing to the album. They are, without a doubt, the "other songs" on the album that nobody talks about.

Have you ever seen someone talk about Also Frightened, Lion in a Coma, No More Running as their absolute favorite anco song? I haven't.

gud list. Prospect Hummer deserves much more love than it gets

if you actually believe this you're delusional.

switch HCTI with MPP or feels and I agree

>Death Grips
>Linkin Park core
wat

The noise element of their music got less obnoxious than the pointless and painful to listen to earlier stuff when they went poppier and used more sampling.

Guys Eyes is a great track, the way it builds tension through the repetition of "Need her" and just explodes into the "what i want to" section which is one of Panda's best melodies ever. It has the best layering of samples and vocals on the entire album.

No More Runnin' is arguably filler in the sense that it exists just for album cohesion's sake.

Also, how is MPP's production generic? What else sounds like it? I have no idea how you could call it lifeless, it's one of the most joyful albums I've ever heard.

You said Panda's songs are filler, but none of those songs you just listed as filler are Panda's lol

>one of the few
I agree on MPP, but you need to listen to more music. Have you listened to the essentials at all?

No, last time i talked to newfags about MPP they said it was dogshit and had no good songs, and then they said Campfire Songs was the only good album (which isn't even an anco album)

Generic might have been a bad word for it. Artificial would be better. (English isnt my first language).

Look at My Girls, for example. It's a fairly normal pop song, with some obnoxious synth layering over it. This is basically the formula for the album.

>write beach boys-esque melody
>synth wankering over it
>yeah thats pretty good now lets have alternating vocals
every goddamn song. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Also, really thought No More Running was a Panda track. My bad, it's kind of hard to tell sometimes.

99% of albums have a flaw, essential or not. You become more aware of them after listening to more music

>99% of albums have a flaw, essential or not. You become more aware of them after listening to more music
Yes, but if MPP is one of the few "flawless" albums they know, I still think they should listen to more music. Including music that isn't circulated and jerked off to on this board.

ah, ok. misunderstood what you meant.
thought you were mindlessly circlejerking the essentials.

and of course, everyone should probably listen to more music.

I read op's post and for a moment I thought he wrote 'MPB'. That would have been patrician as fuck

Essentials are a good starting point, but the idea is to branch off and find similar or different artists, listen to new things, but some get stuck at the essentials and just listen to the next hot meme album.

Y'all need to appreciate STGSTV more.

No More Runnin is the best track in the record.

>Hasn't aged well

it's less than 10 years old it hasn't aged at all

most people who've been here for more than 3 months appreciate it more than MPP

I think you're forgetting to of the fastest ways to make a Sup Forumstant cum
>the Beach Boys
>Synths

It's clearly a mix but that's not a bad thing.

STRAWBERRY JAM IS THEIR ONLY GOOD ALBUM AND IT'S JUST A 7/10

Animal Collective is one of the worst bands of all time.

I mean this.

I agree with most of this, but
>Taste is best on the album IMO
>Spirit is better as well

all these people hating on this guy's comment and no one can refute the fact that My Girls is utter shit

Why do you think that

>Taste is best on the album IMO
I agree

I mean, I really like how deep and layered the synths are in that song, but it's too repetitive

It's good

It's their most accessible album by far, which makes it less cool to like