I get that we don't like this album because of its overwhelming popularity, but can someone explain how this isn't...

i get that we don't like this album because of its overwhelming popularity, but can someone explain how this isn't, musically, the best pink floyd album?

because of On the Run and Money.

they peaked with their debut. i still like dsotm though

it's a great album but not their best. Piper at the Gates of Dawn, Wish You Were Here, Animals and Meddle are all better albums imo

because it's not the one I like

The best Floyd album is either Piper or Meddle. Can't decide which. Then Dark Side is in third I would say.

memes

this

I think it was their most nuanced concept album, everything else is either musically or lyrically overwhelmed by the opposite. DSotM manages to not overindulge with songs that feel like they could have ended 4 minutes ago. (Animals, WYWH)

There is no good Floyd album. They're dogshit at their worst (Atom Heart Mother) and bland and forgettable at their best (DSOTM, Wish You Were Here)

Anyone else think the wall is total shit

I have a friend who is dadrock af and a hardcore pink floyd fan and that pic is what exactly he felt after browsing here.

It was my favorite album in highschool, it's one of the albums that "got me into music." But now I can't stand most of it cause it's so full of filler.

I bet you think that anything without lyrics is filler.

i can't listen to it anymore. i pretty much hate the entire first half, the only tolerable stuff is the second half.

even gilmour hates the wall

meddle is objectively PFs best album

it's clearly excellent, but I prefer Animals. people browsing here like to shit on it because memes

The Wall doesn't even have instrumentals...

>music listener starts disregarding popular music because it helps them find new and interesting things
>solidifies a pattern in their mind to disregard popular things
>actual good album becomes popular
>music listener hates album
Bitches Brew, ITCoCK, DSotM all suffer from this. Not to say they SHOULDN'T be critically assessed, but they should not be automatically disregarded.

Nigger, Wish You Were Here was there best album

desu has some intetesting moments like the last half but yes its trash

this

>we
Fuck you, think for yourself.