Germany should rule Europe agree or not?

strawpoll.me/11644241

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/europe/comments/4au611/chancellor_merkels_invitation_in_the_refugee/
theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/19/angela-merkel-admits-mistakes-asylum-seekers-election
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Germany should be nuked

germans need to fuck off, their women can stay though

No. Germans are not only romantic, they are also stubborn as hell. Which means they'll get excited for some bullshit and the only thing that can make them stop is an utter defeat and collapse.

Europe shouldn't have a leader anyway.

/thread

I support German leadership in the EU.

damn no.eu shouldnt have a leading nation.

if you want more of picrelated in your country
this

>Germany should rule Europe agree or not?

They can try.

Haha.

Either Germany, France, or the UK.

Yes because
>Flag

Europe under Italian leadership (200 BC- 300):
>an empire that has autists revering it to this day
>shaping of the European culture to preside on the continent for the following millenia

Europe under Medieval France (800-1100):
>ending the islamic advance into Europe
>conserving roman heritage in the form of Christendom
>crusades to repel Saracens

Europe under Habsburg (Austrian) leadership (1200-1600):
>muslim advance halted at Vienna
>fierce treatment of heretic Protestants

Europe under Spanish leadership (1600-1700):
>colonial empires thrive and Europe prospers

Europe under French leadership (1700-1800):
>philosophy flourishes and preconfigures the end of Serfdom and privileges for the nobility
>patriotism given to various European peoples

Europe under British influence (1800-1900):
>Europe unquestioned, unchallenged and unrivalled

Europe under German influence (1900- 13/11/2016 22:44):
>WW1 ending European supremacy
>WW2 letting communism seep further into Europe and breeding the need for immigrants to rebuild
>refugee crisis

I'll pass I think.

Germans should never be allowed to lead anything. Not even their own country.

>Europe under Spanish leadership (1600-1700)

Wut

This was peak France, Louis XIV's reign. The most powerful France has ever been in its entire history.

>The most powerful France has ever been in its entire history.

except for less than two hundred years later.

When Napoleon got erect central europe started to quiver.

>Romans
>Italian
kill yourself #1
>Franks
>French
kill yourself #2
>Habsburg
>anything other than trash
kill yourself #3
>communism and refugees
>Germany's fault
kill yourself #4

Honestly, I can't see another country that would be able to lead Europe.

Germany's economic and demographic power, certain immunity to nationalism and authoritarianism after experience of WWII make them predisposed for that.

Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world after Trump's election.

>except for less than two hundred years later.
>When Napoleon got erect central europe started to quiver.

That's a load of rubbish. Louis XIV got much closer to lasting continental hegemony than Napoleon. Under Louis XIV, France was the undisputed European dominant power for over half a century. France of that period took on multi-national coalitions and beat them every time until the War of the Spanish Succession and I guess the League of Augsburg (although they did better than they should have).

Napoleonic France in comparison was unimpressive. He won France a handful of years in a powerful position and then lost his war in the most total and complete loss France had experienced. What Napoleon achieved was the permanent decline of France from 1815 to the present day.

"Should Germany rule Europe?" and "Is Germany the ruler of Europe?" are very different questions.

Napoleon was literally organizing germany governments in his sparetime from bullying Fancis I & II and fucking Alexander in the boy pussy.

Thats leagues more influence than anything Louis XIV ever did.

Communism IS actually sort of germany's fault.

Firstly by deploying it in Russia like a chemical weapon, and then again by giving rest of the world choice between it and hitler's band of genocidal assburgers

>Angela Merkel is the leader of the free world after Trump's election.
This so fucking much.

>The most powerful France has ever been in its entire history.
That period is usually acknowledged to have started with the battle of Rocroi (1643, when I said that French hegemony commenced in 1700), in which the French army finally annhilated the Spanish army.

So I would concede there that I was being very clumsy with my facts but then again I didn't expect you to be so needy about my dates being right.

How do I do that four times though?

>>Romans
>>Italian
What is dumbing down history for the Sup Forums crowd?

>>Franks
>>French
Well they became the French either way so what is it we are debating here other than how I precise it is that I use "the French" when I meant "the Franks"?

>>Habsburg
>>anything other than trash
>fault in incest
trash_fetishes/10

>>communism and refugees
>>Germany's fault
>litterally shipping Lenin to St Petersburg
>litterally nagging the USSR into such butthurt that they invade half of Eastern Europe

As to refugees,
>what is democratically-appointed (by the German people) Merkel inviting Syrian refugees in without consulting the EU institutions beforehand

Anyways, yeah sorry for being inaccurate. I wasn't really trying to be serious really.

I don't like this idea, but who else should rule Europe? Pooland?

That refugee meme is retarded though. Merkel is literally innocent in this.

There were other politicians who whined about inhuman treatment of migrants in hungary and even czechia though... some of them turned around since then (like austria) while others remain hypocrites to this day (like italy and greece whining about us not wanting migrants that they don't even register)

>but then again I didn't expect you to be so needy about my dates being right.
So, on the most autistic place on the internet, what exactly did you expect?

>Thats leagues more influence than anything Louis XIV ever did.

Nope. Louis XIV had crazy influence abroad. He removed England from the first Grand Alliance without even fighting us. He was insanely close to becoming the King of France, Spain and the Holy Roman Empire. It would have happened if not for being up against godlike generals such as Marlborough and Prince Eugene.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, as they say. If Napoleon was so great he would've been around for longer. He only lasted a few years. You only think he's the best because it's more recent history

I didn't think there was a single uncontested power in Europe in the late middle ages? The Dutch were at their height when you listed Spain and the Spanish were probably strongest in the 16th century, rather than the 17th.

> Europe under Medieval France (800-1100):
Also known as Dark Ages.

>There were other politicians who whined about inhuman treatment of migrants in hungary and even czechia though
Fair fair and I whole-heartedly admit that I buy into the meme if only that I may anger the Germans, but still, that
>There were other politicians who whined about inhuman treatment of migrants
doesn't really work for me since I would say that Merkel has to weigh her words a lot more, as she is the head of the head-country of the EU, while Hungarian and Czech politicians (and I mean no offense here) are a little less "heard".

Merkel knew that with the power she has, her speech on inviting refugees was a "no way back" gesture from her.

Federal parliament should rule the EU.

In it's current form: hell no.
It's the most important country in Europe though, so if they'd get their shit together, I could see it happening.

If if you actully look at the statistics, you'd see that there was no spike in asylum seekers after Merkel's invitation.

reddit.com/r/europe/comments/4au611/chancellor_merkels_invitation_in_the_refugee/

>So, on the most autistic place on the internet, what exactly did you expect?
My last (You)s from a thus-far, Sup Forums-deprived weekend.

>single uncontested power in Europe in the late middle ages
Well France is heralded as such by a meagre amount of historians, by only by virtue of it encompassing one of the largest populations of Europe in that era and being presided by a fairly well-thought centralized monarchy with goals and aims to its name (we must bring back the Frankish empire xDDD).
And then with the French being the most populous in Europe, they were exceedinly represented in the Crusades (to the point that Middle-Easterners sometimes name Europeans "Franks" because that is how they remember crusaders), and French houses were pretty prominent at the time too (ruling over both France and England to the some decree).

But there are lots of nations that could boast of having been the Middle Ages' mediator: Poland-Lithuania, early HRE under my boy Otto, Byzantine empire, Venice...

Good bants.

Still though that is purely Anglo propaganda.

They distorted the words "the Dank ages" into the "Dark ages".

>My last (You)s from a thus-far, Sup Forums-deprived weekend.

Well, (You) earned them. Fair play.

Hmm, well I'm stumped and you certainly win here.

That said, if it's been certified that her words bore no influence on how numerous the asylum requests were, why is it then that Merkel has condemned her summons of refugees into Europe as a mistake?

theguardian.com/world/2016/sep/19/angela-merkel-admits-mistakes-asylum-seekers-election

Was that just something to shut up the Berliners?

Italy can't even rule themselves now let alone Europe

And since I wasn't here on Sup Forums friday to wish it unto any of you chaps, happy Armistice day WW1-brahs.

The original 'never forget'

I think it's because perception is more important in politics than what really happened.

Media coverage presented it as if Merkel invited whole Middle East to Germany.

Pretty cogent the past does not determine the future all the time.

Still, American street gth protects Europe's illusions of power.

Britain and France excepted.

>happy Armastice

You sound like a yank saying happy memorial day.

There's nothing happy about it m8, don't do that again.

t. dirty Shitskin

at least I'm white

What can be more happy than ending a war?

We honor our dead.

And you?

War sucks.

Cheers friend!

>There's nothing happy about it m8, don't do that again.
I'll be entirely honest, but it's that I don't know how you chaps phrase it in wishing it to each others. In french, there's not really a saying with which people acknowledge it to other. We just wear bleuets (our counterpart to your poppies I'd believe), and that's it. The mood's morose with everyone as expected, except with the niggers and arabs who don't know what the holiday stands for.

Let's just pretend that I was merely saying happy to celebrate that we were friends throughout the war and that I'm happy about it?

>Media coverage presented it as if Merkel invited whole Middle East to Germany.
Sup Forums and Sup Forums weren't much help in unveiling the truth either, and since I don't stray that far away from here for my news sources, well I got it all wrong too.

:(

>at least I'm white
that's about all one has to say about the qualities of the german