Do "hipsters", at least the stereotype surrounding the word in the late 2000s/early 2010s, really exist anymore?

Do "hipsters", at least the stereotype surrounding the word in the late 2000s/early 2010s, really exist anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

encyclopediadramatica.se/Steampunk
youtube.com/watch?v=j1hJVRflFmU
encyclopediadramatica.se/Rusty_Rockets
z24.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/foodora.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Well obviousy it changed slightly but yeah you're always gonna have vapid,pretentious douchebags milling around

no, all that is left are tumbler drones and i have the feeling they will stay

Of course, the fashions and trends have changed but that demographic isn't just going to disappear.

they still exist, the difference is that back in 2000s they used to listen to decent white music, now they go apeshit for rap and swans.

No, unless you go to Toronto or Williamsburg

God, definitely.

Come to Shoreditch yes they all still exist there are just more Asian and black ones now too.

>Spoon
>Anco
>Arcade Fire
>The National
>Decent white music

If they didn't exist, why would deafheaven be that famous

Amco and the arcade fire have made good things b4, m8

agreed, they made awesome music not decent

Actual hipsters wouldn't identify themselves as hipsters

(pic related - most kids these days look like this)

Hipster thing still exists everywhere, but it isn't that pronounced or "shocking" to the mainstream anymore, so the hipster thing is really watered down now.

It's actually funny how much hipsters gain coverage on the internet vs. how much of them there actually is. For example, 90% of the preteens and teens these days are still mostly swagfags and yolofags with OBEY snapbacks, graphic tees, tattoos, skinny jeans and sneakers, even up to this very day. It's hard to notice hipsters in that crowd, but it is easy to notice how swagfags become more pronounced and elaborate in their fashion as years go by.

Does Sup Forums relate?

>swagfags
such angst

I am not angsty or mad about them, I am just stating a fact.

ITT everyone is jealous of good looking, fashionable people who have more sex than you can ever imagine.

Like me.

What has jealousy to do with here? I thought this was a discussion about whetever hipsters still exist or not. The swagfags thing was a comparison.

Besides, I am putting in effort currently to become /fit/ and I have no desire to go for hipster or swagfag look, since I mostly embrace shit like combat boots and leather jackets, not sneakers, hoodies and snapbacks.

>Sup Forums - Musik

Here in Canada they're still exactly the same

Is this how Kevin Parker dresses these days?

pic related is how every middle class person looks like these days, the hipster thing is completely dead, the fashion got picked up by the mainstream, now everyone looks like what would have been considered hipster in 2010

I live in Brooklyn, and yeah they still exist. They're in every hip, gentrified neighborhood making the rent rates too damn high.

I'm the guy you replied to and I want to say that you summed my point just perfectly. I agree.

What is the current incarnation of hipster? It's not swagfags since they're too poor and edgey, hipsters are generally students and study art or some other bullshit degree.

>What is the current incarnation of hipster?
hipster
> It's not swagfags
yes

>/fit/
>combat boots and leather jacket
>says swagfag unironically

Are you a spaz that got beat up at school?

This is him

spaz
haha

live in blackpool in the 90s?

they never existed in the first place

No one understands him
He lives for his own power only
No, I was too busy being a le Swagfag xDDD

holy christ. how old are you, grandpa?

youre so out of touch its sad. the whole "swag/yolo" shit has been out of style since like 2011.

No one fucking looks like this, it's not 2010 anymore you dumb shits go outside and take a look

When was the last time you went outside? nobody has dressed like this in years.

AT your service !

I don't take criticism from your left-wing vegan ass.

Got a better name for contemporary middle class youth fashion? Let me know, instead of wasting your time at attempts to offend me.

This is an absurd statement, senpai. Not everyone lives in New York or Toronto. Specify where you live and offer some genuine thoughts instead of this low-quality temper tantrum.

I live 30 mins away from Toronto so yeah...

Even when I went to Vancouver there was a lot of hipsters

You should elaborate your point further. I have no time and patience for your savage shitposting.

the fuck´s a dino tat?

They're caller fuckbois now

Shocking fact your right Tbh.
This is how it went the last year..

Give me a good pic example how most youth look like on Toronto.

It coould reffer to a Dino Tattoo or something very retrospective you know ..

anyone remember steampunk?

those cunts swanned around camden like they were some sort of fashion gods.
I mean they probably still do - moved out of london 5 years ago.

>hurr durr i live in hicktown, middle of nowhere
yeah fuck off

Kill yourself you stupid numale. Andd if you don't, good luck with your 25 different types of cancer you will have when you're old because of the pollution and sitting in front of the computer all day.

Thats not really a hipster

Started here .. once ..

one day at my japanese class the lecturer asked everybody about their favorite food, music etc and one guy answered his favorite music was steampunk. lecturer just had a wtf expression on her face and simply moved on. that guy also wore a mlp t-shirt once. people like him are the reason i don´t tell everyone i took japanese classes

Do you run an offensive meme page, and is this 2012?

Yes I do run a Facebook page. How does that correlate with anything were talking about, though? Are you numales this incapable of discussion?

How do these queers not get beaten up by regular blacks aka thugs?

Yes, they still exist. They're still rancid, and vapid, spouting their wholly unjustified sense of importance on anyone within earshot.

One day I'll make one kill themselves using only my words.

Was russel brand not a steampunk fag
encyclopediadramatica.se/Steampunk
*cancerous fucking windows10 mallfunction!! cant find the image in folder by browse*

You mean by BLM activists ?

that's a cute attitude to have. Thanks for bringing no interesting discussion to this thread, other than throwing around your shitty condescending attitude. Have fun in /r9k/ once you leave this thread.

Hipsters, Normies, Fedora-wearers, Plebbitors

are all meaningless perjoratives
nobody can certainly define these things without suvjective opinions

No I mean these people.
Perhaps most of them are BLM activists, but that queer maybe is too, so that's no way to define them.
I'm sure there are still people like this left

encyclopediadramatica.se/Rusty_Rockets
@K Perry: so easy a rusty rocket cavemen can do it ..

OW: accurate .. He'd probably join the olives. However: I mean at the end the whole black race is homogeneous and predictable as-f.

Become student = become victim of
hipster exploitation !. You ll deliver
latte and moustache burgers on your
bike .. NONONONO not a delivery
scooter.. BIKE due to: its hip. (lower
costs). lurk.

z24.nl/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/foodora.jpg

(link because win10sucks).

reminder that you derailed this shit thread with your retarded post. kill yourself, cuckbilly.

omfg you killed the thread

who says i'm left wing, or vegan?

sperg detected

Yes, Echo Park is fucking full of them

fuck you neckbeard, I don't take shit from your basement-dwelling ass. kys

because you hate leather and combat boots. Only gays and left-winger vegan cucks hate leather and combat boots.

AnCo and Arcade Fire made some damn good music in the 00s.

gl in life

Holy fucking shit dude

What's wrong? Your homosexual ass got triggered? Aww, sorry m8

who goes out these days?

Holy fucking shit dude

Do you like, have a girlfriend? Have you ever had sex?

>One day I'll make one kill themselves using only my words.
Rooting for you, unty.

me posting pics from my windows 10

>does the combat boots/trench coat thing
>thinks he has any sort of fashion sense
lol
user, look, the fashionable thing to do nowadays is to go along just enough with people that you're not against them. The world isn't out to get you, nobody gives enough of a fuck about you to personally try to insult or offend you. Wear what you want that isn't too far outside of what could be considered "normal", Dress appropriately for the setting you're in, and develop a comfortable wardrobe that is flexible.
I've lived in cities, suburbs, and the boonies, and people wear a little bit towards their stereotype, but not too much.

Also, using terms like "numales", "swagfags", "left-wing vegan ass", and "senpai/f a m" to try to classify people is an incredibly ham-fisted and you'll seek to reinforce the stereotypes you seek in people and you'll never think you left 2010 because you never bothered to actually think past that year.

>combat memes

>gays hating leather
user, you might have a problem with that logic.

>Only gays and left-winger vegan cucks hate leather and combat boots.
>gays hate leather

user, everybody hates combat boots.