>90s
strife
>00s
bomb the music industry
>10s
weekend nachos

also the clash fucking suck

Why do you think they suck?

I just think that they are boring in a sea of exciting music and they are for girls who pretend to like punk for a few months.

>the clash
>punk

I do find their Early stuff boring but London calling and Combat Rock are my favourite albums.

People literally don't like the Clash because they disagree with their politics.

Understandable, but that doesn't make their music suck (which it doesn't).

The Clash were great until they morphed themselves into a stadium rock band.

Daft Punk isn't Punk.

also this.

anything after sandinista is not worth the time or effort

I know nothing about their politics and I dont like them.

Lots of people dont like the clash because they were doing this

youtube.com/watch?v=oGIFublvDes

while other bands were doing this

youtube.com/watch?v=2pUlNfdnsAM

Really? I just hate them because they're popular with normies who know nothing about punk rock. One of their songs was featured in rugrats movie for Christ's sake. Although I don't mind the Ramones. Maybe the clash just sucks.

Trophy Eyes
Dio
The Shell Corporation
Lawrence Arms
Justin Bieber

>while other bands were doing this
Bad Brains were great but they literally did not rove far from combining the hardcore punk with the dub and reggae experiments they covered on Sandinista.

overall you have to look at the clash from 1976-1980 as a different band to whatever came after it. If you'd listened to Sandinista as a record, you'd understand that they weren't just two-bit pop punkers (you should have realised this listening to LC but whatever).

>One of their songs was featured in rugrats movie for Christ's sake.
a death grips song was featured in fucking Waterloo Road who fucking cares

are you fucking stupid mate? it's right in their fucking name

The Clash, but mainky becuase they transcended punk and matured into either genres and styles while keeping the attitude and message (up until Combat Rock of course)

>Combat Rock

kys fggt

sandinista sucks dick though

desu

I was referring more to the type of shows they were putting on and the people who went. Bad brains was punk as fuck while the clash completely sold out and went the normie route.

The clash weren't "punk" like many bands like bad brains were.

actually a lot of it does, but there are some really interesting experiments on it.

Sup Forums

Nope.

>liking weekend nachos
>still thinking you can talk shit about other people's taste in music.

>the clash completely sold out
you won't find any argument here. But what I do find solace in, is that after the Clash broke up, joe strummer had a pretty hard fucking time of it, forcing him to strike up the mescaleros, who were pretty good too.

>The clash weren't "punk" like many bands like bad brains were.
Yeah, they only really had a broad, accessible "punk" message, but I think back in the days when they were active, a message like that was probably called for. They were pretty much a pop band spreading dissent for injustices, like ACTUAL injustices. Which I think is pretty cool.

Filth is a great album

Does Big Black count as a punk band?

crass

Death Grips

>70s
Ramones
>80s
Misfits
>90s
turning point
>00s
have heart
>10s
dangers

>yfw the clash was fighting for the exact opposite of what modern punks are standing up for

why are punk fans so easily triggered?

he was making a fucking joke dude

Wet Nuns, local Sheffield band

youtube.com/watch?v=ELn8SuyAbjk

RIP their drummer Alexis Gotts

if punks these days are anything like human being were when I was a
>punk
he probably puts a lot of his identity with hi music choice.

that there is straight up rock and roll dude.

good ol dks

Give their album a listen, insanely good

That's actually a really cool cover.
I always thought the original Skrewdriver album was their best though, though their first few releases after reforming were pretty good as well, that being one of them.

right, thats fine. but just because its good and you like it ( maybe I will like it too) doesn't mean it changes its genre.

this shit is striaght up rock and roll, like watered down high on fire type rock and roll

i dont just get to start calling deicide a country band because I like deicide and also have a thing for twangy guitars, bands fit within a genre because they fit certain types of sounds, and rhythms that make up that genre.

They're pop music marketed as edgy music

>bomb the music industry
This guy gets it.

Arctic monkeys ;;^^)))))

>The Clash
>The Damned
I don't like punk, but these bands are great, when they stopped playing punk.

Easy

god they look like fucking faggots

That was the point. Do you know the context of the image?

Disturbing lack of Televison in here

>thread asks for favorite punk band
>disturbing lack of a non-punk band

>implying Television is anything other than punk

>control f germs
>not one mention
what the heck man

Crass!
black flag subhumans and zounds deserve a mention aswell.

> 70s
Wire
The Jam
Richard Hell & The Voidoids
Wipers
The Damned
Dead Boys
Skids

>80s
Amebix
Dag Nasty
Fugazi
Gorilla Biscuits
Hüsker Dü
The Ex
Rudimentary Peni
The Gun Club
SNFU
Rites of Spring
Youth of Today
Conflict
Circle Jerks
Squirrel Bait
Bad Brains
Zero Boys
The Weirdos
Descendents
GBH

>90s
Jawbreaker
Portraits of Past
I Hate Myself
Leatherface
Quicksand
Envy
Funeral Diner
Rodan
Hot Water Music
Jawbox

> "modern"
Touché Amoré
Big Ups
Planes Mistaken for Stars
Ampere
The Thermals
Pile
Iceage
At the Drive-In
Brand New

Why the fuck haven't the DK's been mentioned yet??

>not liking something because of what other people think of it
so punk dude!

god, how the fuck are you so blind?!!!!111!111

Ctrl+F= No results found.
Felt bad, man.

Now I feel bad for being rude, sorry mate

No porbalemo, familia.

lol punk was always normie and mainstream in England. From 1977-1982 punk rock was big business.
If you can't handle music that's a little more accessible than regular punk, then you're probably just in it for the image.

The single most important band in U.S. history.

I also think the idea that bands like The Clash were sellouts is a bit harsh. They had big money deals but I don't think it really affected their morals.

And if you think punk's message is right and it's going to change the world, surely you want to be doing it on the biggest stage possible?

here again -
I'm currently obsessed with Amebix, so I guess I'll go with them

youtube.com/watch?v=vtjzgfuSL-k

Their songs are played in car commercials. How much more can you sell out?

Punk ROCK was mainstream maybe. and I have no problem with accessible music, I only said lots of people don't like the clash and gave a reason why.

weekend nachos are everything a modern hardcore band should strive to be

>And if you think punk's message is right and it's going to change the world, surely you want to be doing it on the biggest stage possible?

I don't think anyone besides the most naive punk fans thought it was going to change anything other than the music industry, which it did.

we DIY now

>Their songs are played in car commercials. How much more can you sell out?

Enough to make a living I guess? They deserve as much.

They stuck to their ethos so much that after The Clash was finished they were in the red cause they didn't want to charge extra for tickets or records.

I'm not saying The Clash are the hxcest punks ever who never signed to a major and never expected any remuneration in return, but they made great music they believed in, and they were just 4 friends who started a band after seeing a show. What's not to like about that?

this band are fantastic also...

youtube.com/watch?v=6Ihdm66BTZg

I agree but I think a lot of them probably thought they could at least change a little with their music and message. Enough that calling them sellouts is harsh anyway.

Plenty of other punk bands turned down deals like that though and now the clash are millionaires. You're arguing with a few people here. I don't hate the clash, but they did sell out harder than any punk band until green day.

Q is prob my fav current band

youtu.be/TezpM7B9QnE

also Wipers, Iceage, Lord Snow, Orchid

When you can buy their records and shirts at wal-mart you know they have sold out...

There is nothing else to say. If they ever truly followed punk ideals then at some point down the line they abandoned them for money.

imo, cock sparrer and the adicts are the best that era of punk had to offer.

>until greenday

greenday were never in though, they were never of the punk ethos, they were a sham from the start

Strummer had less than a milliion pounds to his name by the time he died, and this was after they finally owed nothing to their label.

I mean I don't disagree with you as much, but to me The Clash never changed from being 4 snot-nosed guys from England doing what they wanted, they only started playing bigger venues. No eyeliner no "you guys need an image coach cuz you don't look punk enough." Y'know?

What a shit list

Ah, I remember being 15 once.

It's a pretty good list, I'd say

your modern list fucking sucks for the most part

Yeah it's not bad. It's hilarious how elitist punk threads get sometimes.

ITT

>there is no modern punk music

y'all's taste sucks shit

... really ...

no
>blood for blood
>trapped under ice
>have heart
>gorilla bisquits
>converge
>comeback kid
>cold as life
>modern life is war
>earth crisis
>shai hulud
>vision of disorder
>death before dishonour

i mean yea, its an opinion peace, but he's avoided some massive bands that were hard to avoid unless he is young and looking back on bands and didn't live through most of those era.s

honestly the only way i could see someone make as many mistakes as he did

Dead Kennedys

his taste sucks but so does yours

I bet you like Dadball

Sup Forums cant into modern punk

some of my favorites are fury, weekend nachos, spine, turnstile, cold world, the rival mob, higher power, blind justice, power trip, pure disgust, gas rag, forced order, mizery, true love, foundation, freedom, mindset, violent reaction, and pretty much anything on lockin out records.

what are people heres thoughts on the slaves?

youtube.com/watch?v=sCU9ZKgfwlc

Madballs first album is great.

You must not like NYHC. Thats fine though.

heh, thats a pretty good term for them, but its not really a good counter argument. i was only mentioning holes in his list, not insulting it.

sweet holy motherfuck that is grating

it's also not punk retard

>mindset
they broke up btw

Sounds like the kind of "straight up rock and roll" that would probably get lumped with punk, kind of like The Pack A.D. To me, that Wet Nuns song sounds like something Motörhead could have recorded, and they always seem to get lumped in with metal despite Lemmy insisting they were a rock 'n' roll band.

Speaking of rock 'n' roll that gets lumped in with punk one way or another, here's a few that I like:
youtube.com/watch?v=uxliZVghE8w
youtube.com/watch?v=3KH2NuLftSY
youtube.com/watch?v=fUiZHt6sqg4
youtube.com/watch?v=VwbcTTlaKXo
youtube.com/watch?v=IFe0OfEtP2w
youtube.com/watch?v=c1BOsShTyng

If the phrase "punk" was coined when it was, we'd be calling these bands "rock 'n' roll."

Guerilla
Incendiary
Sabotage
Mutineers

nigga that song is fucking stoner rock

words mean things and do not change just because user likes band and also likes punk

we do call those bands rock and roll... and so is motorhead.

the fuck are you talking about. what is it about being 17 and thinking you just get to call shit whatever you want for the fuck of it?

did growing up with the internet and not having people tell you you are wrong irl make it so you are these self rightous retards? ffs, its rock and roll because the speed, the beat, the tunings of the guitars are in a general sense similar to other bands that play similarly.

if you detune, you get something similar to d-beat, if you speed up you approach thrash, if you get screaming and slow down you get post punk or post hardcore.

this is not something you just "feel out"

genre's exist for the sole purpose of defining a sound so its identifiable, not so that a band can make you feel something and then you mislabel it so you can feel that way.