Pitchfork just gave blond a lower score than coloring book

has p4k officially lost it? are they ruled out as the most trusted voice in music?

p4k is not one person

please delete the thread and apologize for pruning another

p4k scores are an average of all the writers

T H E Y
H
E
Y

>giving a higher score to the better album

It checks out

found the p4k writer

Only sad people and trapfags hate Coloring Book

talk that shit

People have been making the mistake of "they" being singular or plural a lot in my life lately..

It's both though, sometimes.

lmao, coloring book was fucking terrible and will be forgotten in a year. It already is forgotten actually. stop pretending you like listening to hip hop for church goers

who the fuck listened to coloring book again after the first listen through

yea sometimes, this time its not... obviously

Stop pretending you like listening to a sadnigger croon about not having enough dicks to suck. There are like 2 memorable tracks on Blond

>b-but it's about the mood. You don't understand the emotions he's conveying

And I never want to because i'm not a depressed faggot, cleary this albums target audience.

I bet you unironically think TPAB is better than GKMC

uhhh sound like youre projecting. Did you even listen to the album? The whole first half is happy as fuck just emotional. The second half isnt depressing either, just slower

you are such an idiot

i like both albums

P4K stopped being the most trusted voice in music when they gave it such a high score.

i like neither album

And 13 yr olds?

i invoke my fifth amendment privileges against self-incrimination and respectfully refuse to answer your question

oh my what a cutie

what's this feeling I'm feeling?

how is he a sandnigger

he said sadnigger

no you don't

Some sort of -philia

as a white male seeing a grill showing off her physique in revealing clothes it's hard to think anything but however if she was dressed in a traditional Islamic garment those thoughts would subside

the mixing on colouring book was terrible and is too preachy, even more than TPAB

I'm just admiring her athleticism

he mentions God frequently and #blessings, but nothing on Coloring Book struck me as "preachy" or being about a message, insofar as trying to convince anyone of anything

>Sup Forums hates Coloring Book

not suprised
this place, and Sup Forums in general, hates anything remotely positive

no people hate coloring book cause its painfully positive. Its so tiresome and feels forced. makes me sick. I like positive when it actually feels real. Chance has two fingers up to his mouth forcing a smile through the whole thing

I find most people here rate acid rap quite highly tho

How is it preachy?

It's literally just positivity: the album. Moo just overrates anything somber and melancholy.

Blond is the overrated album of the minute. It's not bad by any means, but the platitudes being thrown around about it are fucking crazy

yea because it was so much better than coloring book. It actually had some diversity in sound. The positive shit was balanced out with intellectual darker more psychedelic songs

It's not even that it's positive, it's just a flavorless assortment of bubblegum raps. All respect to Chance for what he does, but Coloring Book has no bite or edge to it whatsoever. It tried so hard to be obscenely happy that it lost all real emotion. I remember so many bars from Acid Rap, but genuinely can't tell you any lines from CB.

Meanwhile, Blond shows that Frank has improved exponentially in nearly every category. I agree with OP that Pitchfork has lost nearly all credibility with their reviews.

Uh, me? Definitely one of the best albums this year for me, but I can see how some people wouldn't like it I guess.

I think it's actually the religious aspect that keeps bringing me back, it's just so happy and hopeful, it never fails to put me in a great mood

blond sucks ass lmao

Yeah but that means that Sup Forums doesnt automatically hate something if it's positive, I don't know if you were the one who said that, Colouring Book just wasn't that good.

good think I don't listen to liberal media or else this would offend me. coloring book is a 4 and blond is a 9.5

Coloring Book is way better since it's not boring as fuck.

this is true. Sup Forums hates it because it's fun music to dance to and doesn't cater to suicidal shut-ins.

dude, i want to fucking strangle you. this shit is so annoying. what the fuck are we even arguing about? im drunk, im watching parks and rec, and monitoring ops jackassery. get the fuck off my case

Why are you mad and drunk in the middle of the day user? Somethin wrong?

I'm gonna preface this with saying I love Frank Ocean's music and I've followed him since he was with OF.

Do you truly believe that Blond deserves better than a 9.0? 6 good tracks, but it's a step down from Channel Orange if we're being honest here. You can be pretentious and shit and say its more 'experimental' or less 'pop', but I think most people will go back to CO once the hype has died from this album.

Blond is boring. It doesn't even deserve a 9 honestly.

The fact that you immediatly go to the "not better than CO" ruins your opinion. Its a complete departure from CO. People who loved CO (poppy, hip hop, lots of drums) arnt going to love blond

I personally found Blond pretty boring and tasteless, old frank = goat.

Do you know the nature of the word opinion? It might be different from CO, but I still appreciate some of the tracks (Nikes, Ivy, Solo, Nights). As I said, I've followed Frank for a while. Wouldn't it be stupid to completely change your style up from what people appreciate about your music and what they expect from you? You can't be surprised when some of your fans don't consider your new 'experimental' work better. It might be a complete departure from CO, but that doesn't make it better.

both albums are trash. Coloring Book is meme rap and Blond is just Boys II Men with faux-experimental qualities. they will both be forgotten this time next year.

colouring book was poorly mastered and unlistenable, blond is just as uninteresting and trite as literally all of his other works.

The blond review was written by Ryan "10.0" Dombal

I didnt say it made it better, im saying its a complete departure so why compare the two? its almost two different genres