Let me interrupt you meme posting for just one second what does Sup Forums think of lil lil yachty?

Let me interrupt you meme posting for just one second what does Sup Forums think of lil lil yachty?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22m5eU6uxeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KUlnRyUUaDA
youtube.com/watch?v=q9dvwVMsGn8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>interrupting our memeposting with more memes
you're a good one, you.

Just because he's young and doesn't take himself seriously doesn't make him a meme. There are some real meme musicians he's hard to put next to yung lean.

terrible artist and meme

He's fun but Summer Songs was a little weak. I like his energy but only Lil B can pull off having non-lyrics. Sailing Team & Lets Spend Wintertime on a Boat are great tho

Dude shut up I love Boat but he's totally a meme. He actually has talent unlike Lean tho

Lean is less of a meme now and more of a dissapointment. Yatchty has reached meme status.

Pretty talented and original. I really like him as a brand, because something about him just promotes positivity. Seems like a nice kid. The music is really catchy and fun too.

When he's good he's v good, hit and miss though

I love Out Late and Pretty, and like his feature on Broccoli

Lowest common denominator

Rarri Rarri is an excellent track for anyone concerned

never gonna beat Farrah Abraham

>that bitch smell like emojis

I've never disliked him as much as others typically do. He's got stellar production, and a crisp voice, and he's generally a pretty likable guy.

That being said, much like Yung Lean, if he doesn't start diversifying soon, he's gonna fall off.

But for now, I'm enjoying the ride

Seems like a nice kid and I want him to be successful but I can't get through more than 2 minutes of his music.

I don't get why you guys think he's a meme, is it his music genre? the way he acts?
It can't be his lyrics rap hasn't been really deep since the 90's.
When I think meme I think of lean or pic related or lil B but with lil B I think he gets the joke more than anyone.

>implying meme rap is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=22m5eU6uxeQ

Your post makes me wonder if retarded people realize they are retarded.

well, do you know you are retarded?

He obtained hype by being silly and retweetable. Thats the definition of a meme. He literally goes everywhere with his manager and pr team for a reason, they simultaneously take notes on the current cultural phenomena and guide him to his next public appearance based on how well he'll be received. Unlike hollywood, they know better than to stifle his natural voice and speech. They may make sure some changes are made in post, but they understand without the real Boat there's nothing here.

Meme rap isn't automatically bad. Yung Lean is bad and Tyler the Creator are bad, however.

While BasedGod's hype has died down in recent years not enough people give him credit for opening up the stage for artists like Lean and Yachty

youtube.com/watch?v=KUlnRyUUaDA

Also
>rap hasn't been really deep since the 90s
Try listening to rap

I haven't heard any of his own music, but his verse on Mixtape is the only thing that makes that song listenable

You would like a lot of his projects then. Get on datpiff brah

my nigga common is acting now just face it conscious rap is close to dead.
There's a couple exceptions sure, but the clever people aren't the ones making money, the catchy people are.

What should I start with?

>Tyler the Creator
What the fuck happened to tyler, holyshit I never expected anything from lean, but I don't understand what happen to tyler.

You either don't listen to rap or don't know how to operate the internet if you truly believe that.

Common wasn't even much more than a one trick pony to begin with. Kanye had more poignant and entertaining remarks by himself on College Dropout and Late Registration for fuck sake. Start listening to mixtapes, plenty of kids are killing it.

he's made a new life for his family at 18 with his career & makes a ton of people happy, so i see no fault with the guy

He came out with one good tape called Bastard and decided to fart in the studio for the rest of his career. Eventually the children who though farts were funny became college age and started listening to music that doesn't cause everyone in their vicinity to cringe, mainly thanks to dreams of one day actually getting laid.

It doesn't help that Tyler dropped his spastic comedy act and started actually burning bridges with anyone who could help him stay relevant.

>Eagle literally sings about how doing dark comedy put him in debt

tell me where you find your mixtapes then family, If I'm wrong I wont turn down good music.

Simalar to many of the new hip hop crew, technical skill and lyricism isn't what people are looking for anymore. The modern hip hop artist is packaging themselves and their ideals in a way that emphasizes individuality and rejection of conventional hip hop standards that were mostly held up by old media in radio and record labels. Now that the consumer has such a wide variety to choose from, the oddities are the ones that stand out of the crowd. The Lil Yatchys, Uzi Verts and lil dickys of the world have oppurtunity as long as the can sound catchy and represent and reflect the ideals that our internet culture values highly. Anything else would be too boring to capture the add like attention span that most people have when browsing the Internet. In a world where you're constantly bombarded by plain skanks, whites that try to fucking hard and thugs that have been doing the same thing since The Chronic, it's no surprise why Lil Yatchy prancing around with his red braids, tar baby smile, saying he's a boat and crooning about lost love seems so appealing.

lil boat

Way better than any current trap rapper
Dude can spit

Open Mike Eagle is in debt because his music is corny as shit

Cherry bomb was just last year

The catchy people have always been the ones making money, it's straight-up wrong to claim otherwise. Sometimes they're clever too, but that's not the main reason they're the most popular. The vast majority of rap doesn't get radio play, and there's a huge amount of variety in it.

Also a lot of rappers on the radio are okay lyrically anyway

>Cherry bomb
youtube.com/watch?v=q9dvwVMsGn8

I'm the original guy you're replying to. I don't see your point at all. The only people who get into art for money are popstars and fools. OME is neither, its just a lyric.

My point is being a struggling artist isn't fun, and while you say people don't get into it for the money, they do NEED money. to simplify

Conscious rap =/= money
Hence
Conscious rap = decline

mixtapes are all well and good but sometimes I don't feel like going through soundclowns to find a decent rapper, but my ORIGINAL POINT was, I don't get why people thought yatchy was meme and was saying if they thought his lyrics were goofy a lot of rappers lyrics these days are very goofy, being goofy is popular in fact.

Perhaps you're taking the lyric about comedy from the notoriously comedic rapper a tad too seriously

>NO U comeback

It doesn't seem like they realize user.

>One guy calls another guy a retard
>Guy calls him a retard back
why give these people (you)'s?

well, he is more of a entertaining curiosity than an actual artist

Half the romance behind art is the struggle dude. Rockstars go back to their regular jobs after the tour, its nothing new. If you think conscious rap is declining its thanks to lack of input by the artist, not thanks to lack of interest by the fans. But I digress, I maintain that now is the time for rap of all styles and tastes. Rap has never had a bigger platform than the internet, De La Soul even commented on that with their most recent EP (which was on datpiff)

(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

He's both.

it's smile like emoji

>chief keef - emojis
Listen to this and then fuck off
Rapping about emojis was covered by the king in half a day. Nothing left to talk about

what are you on about i just wrote the correct lyric

meant to respond to

i'll hear what i wanna hear

Nigga you're both all fucked up

>51 replies

And you all call others plebs, holy crap

Heard 1night the other day and it's pretty comfy, haven't heard anything else by him though. Might check him out.

started listening to him as a joke because i thought his songs were funny

ended up actually liking his music

doesnt matter

Were literally giving an aspergers child a career with lil yachty. This dude has not one musical bone in his body but hes happy and retarded so your gotta love him or else youre a hater

Be kind to retarded people, its not their mistake ;^)

I used to hate him until I heard two lines in particular.

"She suck me like a Push Pop - She love Cock"

and

"All my diamonds cold like cold soda"

I cannot hate on a kid that had me laughing for 20 minutes straight. Adding to that All In off SS2 is a song I actually really enjoy a lot.

That and he's black so dats racism

don't forget
>"Diamonds so cold you might need a fan"

don't know, never listened to him, he's probably ok