This album is so much better than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

This album is so much better than Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I agree.

Great, but I don't

wanna know how I know you haven't listened to the proper version of Sgt Peppers?

Not really.

Wow, I finally found somone who agrees

Agreed. MMT is my favorite Beatles album.

"MMT is better than Sgt Pepper"
translation: I don't get Sgt. Pepper

>proper version of Sgt Peppers
elaborate on this pls

Pretty much their best album

"Sgt Pepper is better than MMT"
Translation: I don't get MMT

"Flying" confirmed best track

Listen to the mono version instead of the stereo, it is actually much better. Some songs are quite different to the stereo version which most have heard, it isn't just the stereo version all through one channel.

This

You mean with headphones but just one ear in?

MMT is great. i would argue it has better single songs on it. Strawberry Fields, Walrus, Penny Lane. All GOAT. Compare this to the songs on Pepper, it's better

HOWEVER what makes Pepper so great and legendary is that it functions as a single piece that's larger than just the song writing. it's a very visual singular piece which is greater than the sum of its parts ie: the songs. The instrumentation on some songs say Lucy in the Sky for example, is weird and constantly shifting and in a vacuum don't make much sense, but in the context/trip of the album it's perfect. The way the album ebbs and flows and changes and evolves was unprecedented and still stands up. Sgt Pepper is a single piece and you have to put it on from the beginning and just ride it.

MMT is a collection of songs. Great songs, but it's just not even on the same scale as Pepper and honestly leaves feeling a little flat when compared to a fully fledged and considered Beatles album like Pepper. MMT has a poor arch because it was really just a bunch of songs they had lying around

"I like the Beatles"
Translation: I am a pleb and do not consider rock music to be an serious art

fair enough, though in that sense of cohesion I'd argue that Abbey Road beats both of them

"People who like the Beatles are plebs and do not consider rock music to a serious art"
Translation: My opinion on what is art is better than yours and I have a small penis

indeed it is. psych pop at its finest.

if you were to take out penny lane and strawberry fields forever, and replace them with It's All Too Much and Across the Universe (studio version)

you'd have a better album than Sgt Pepper

My favorite Beatles album desu. It takes psychedelic pop-rock to its logical conclusion: fantasy and non-substance.

also take out the all you need is love single with baby youre a rich man

replace them with all together now and you know my name look up the number (it was originally recorded in 67 for the album but wasnt finished until after abbey road in the 70s)

i say leave northern song out too since it was made for sgt pepper but never used.

Side 2 of the Magical Mystery Tour shoud look like this:
hello goodbye
All Together Now
You know my name (look up the number)
It's All Too Much
Across the Universe

theres substance if youve taken acid and know what the songs mean

This only makes so much sense though. Firstly a lot of the tracks of Sgt. Peppers have too little going on to justify their length in the perspective of a giant collage of sounds. Second, Sgt. Peppers also sounds way too stiff all around, making the idea of it all meshing together not work as well.

none of this is accurate

sgt pepper every track features a new technique

>sgt pepper every track features a new technique
Don't put words in my mouth. I was talking of the individual tracks themselves, not the album as a whole.