How come handball is more popular outside continental europe? It's a pretty based sport tbqh senpai

How come handball is more popular outside continental europe? It's a pretty based sport tbqh senpai

*is not

it is super popular in europe tho

I watched some games during the Olympics a few years ago, it was a pretty cool game. One question, are you supposed to dribble? Because it looked like they didn't try to dribble but some did

It's boring

Living in the state with the two GOAT handball teams. Feels pretty based.

no marketing

Its pretty popular in North Africa and Europe only

boring as fuck

do u live in denmark & spain?

Pretty fun to play in high school gum classes.

>denmark or spain
>a state

spanish education everyone

It's really popular here, since we are pretty good at it

Actually German bro, in this context they are states. Outside of America, in English the term "state" generally refers to a nation state with its own sovereignty

absolute broken sport

marking is so impracticable they have to make a wall of seven players in front of the goal in a small court, and the final score is still 38-35.

i talked to some guy from new york a while ago, and he told me that handball was quite popular where he lived.

it wasn't until after the conversation that i figured out he meant a different sport.

You can dribble, but the handling rule is way more restrictive than in basketball, so the control is not as easy. You really have to simply "tap" the ball. Any normal dribble in basketball is a blatant palming in handball, making the usual basketball moves to pass your opponent through dribble impossible in handball.

Plus there are much more arms contacts allowed, so controlling your dribble is way harder.

Also, you can have one more step, so it makes dribbling less useful.

state
>7. a politically unified people occupying a definite territory; nation

syrian education everyone

>goat handball team
>German flag

LOL

It's strange it's not more popular in the US, it has everything they usually like in sports: athletism, good physicality, some spectacular moves for highlights purposes, shitloads of potential stats, easy star system to market, high scoring, fits well in arenas...

It doesn't have adds every three minutes, midgets dancing and throwing shirts in the crowd etc... and it has way too much actual play time

German liga is clearly the best in the world.

Spain only has Barca after ciudad went bankrupt, obviously a very strong team but the other teams wouldn't cut in our 2nd division

no one cares about leagues, it's all about nations and France has literally been raping everyone for 10 years

it's a shit sport where the fouls aren't well defined which leaves space for refball
sometimes it's a penalty, sometimes it's just attack starting over

not to mention that just like any shitty arena sport, you can just score whenever you want.
players like hansen can just take the ball and shoot from wherever and boom, it's a goal

it's boring as fuck and there aren't enough technical players, it's all JUMP SHOOT GOAL

Completely correct. I should like one of the few sports that my country is among the best in, but it's just mind-numbingly boring.

yeah i second this, and i was a handball goalie in my highschool.

Can you kick the ball in handball?

Friendly reminder that the last Euro final was Spain v Slesvig-Holstein.

And the Slevigers won because refball. And also in the semis v Denmark proper.

yes

would watch as pre-fap, it may be even better than voleyball

there are timeouts though, so they can just do like NBA and give them more

there are draws, though, so it's a problem