Pitchfork Hate Thread

Fuck these guys.

They are right though. In fact they should give all the other albums in trip hop genre that they have given 9s and 10s to a score closer to this.

Trip hop is the most overrated subgenre of electronic music. It's literally still just real instruments playing over a generic electronic beat. None of the cool kind of music manipulation that makes electronic music such an interesting side/aspect of music to begin with.

perdition city is one of the corniest albums ever made. it's a 15-year old metalhead's idea of "deep" music.
the score is not that far off.

That's a perfect description of death grips music

Why do people care about Pitchfork's opinion? I can understand why people would drone Scaruffi or Christgau or any other reviewer, but Pitchfork is just a bunch of random people.
Who decided that Pitchfork was 'cool'?

that is also true. death grips are essentially nu-metal for people too selfconscious to listen to nu-metal.

Fuck, you're right

A-at least Niggas on the Moon is far detached from their angsty noise rock that it doesn't count, right?

imagine being this much of a pleb

forgot pic in an autistic fit of rage

there are plenty of reasons to dislike Pitchfork, but disliking them because they gave an album you like a bad score isn't one of them.

>doesn't remove mouse cursor in screenshots
imagine being this much of a pleb

no bulli pls

I just wish they'd stop overrating Deerhunter
Literally no other publication loves Deerhunter ad much as pitchfork, if it wasn't for all the fucking 9's they give out they'd only be lukewarm to critics

Actually just discovered the album. I really appreciated the archetypal early-2000's sleekness and I think it makes a good counterpart to other big electronic acts from the time like Moby.

This was the review when it was released. I guarantee, when it's reissued, Pitchfork will score it a 9.0+.

They only like Deerhunter because they're the biggest conformists in the indie game. I can't think of any well known Indie Band that is more generic.

dude, i want to fucking strangle you. this shit is so annoying. what the fuck are we even arguing about? im drunk, im watching parks and rec, and monitoring ops jackassery. get the fuck off my case

Pitchfork is so pretentious and so full of unwarranted self worth that they destroy everything they touch.

I just enjoy making fun of these faggots.

one of the worst scores i've seen on the site
that one mika album and sophie's product were scored pretty harshly too

the only album of theirs that could even be considered close to that is Jenny Death

what the fuck

I thought Product got an 8+ though?

p4k is officially a no fun zone

no, it should've been a high 8, but pitchfork gave it a 6.6 and i think tmt gave it a 10.

this. in no way was this album a 1.5. i don't know why they even bothered reviewing it

That album proves that Gira is a phenomenal song writer. I love that album.

>The Residents' Wormwood 4.0
It's pretty low-tier for The Residents but it's not that bad holy fuck.

Came here to post this.

This and pic related show how shit P4k is.

I don't understand how could someone give this garbage anything over 3/10

this desu

one of these clearly has the wrong score

Quite possibly the single worst review in history. It stands up there with the guy who said the ipod would be a failure.

Their rating on Mars voltas deloused and Frances the mute

should be lower

post an album you think should be higher then

>according to Pitchfork, Currents is better than this

Tyranny

chvrches is fucking garbage i have no idea how anyone enjoys any of their shit

10? Really Pitchfork?

It's a 6.3 in reality. 6.5 at the very most.

and all of these

I'd give it a straight 9.0. Definitely not a 10 though.

This one should be given a 0.0

White light should be a solid 8.5 desu senpai

Also TGM should have gotten a 9.0 BNM but pitchfork is too cucked right now

TGM is like a 6.7 at best tho

Leave my board NOW

white light should definitely be higher, i'd have given it a 9.
not heard tgm yet, but i can't imagine it being worse than currents

This. It doesn't even matter if you enjoy the album or not. Objectively, the amount of effort that went into that album and its performance value make it a 4 or 5 at the very lowest.

>we are living in the age of neo Sup Forums where the general perception of ulvers perdition city is bad.
Why have I been on here for so many years.

>actually giving a fuck about pitchfork

they're right

>first word of the Frances the Mute review is "indie"
end my life

o yeah i don't really understand why So Far is above their debut either. I love both of them but Faust's S/t is certainly more remarkable

this is posted every pitchfork thread literally shut the fuck up

>rating music

wut

they didn't even review the 2015 aoty

Fantano gave it an 8

sounds about right. don't really watch fantano, are his scores any better? what did he give art angels and currents?

What a bunch of HACKS

He gave both Art Angels and Currents a 7. I personally find him pretty reliable

Is this bait? You must not have listened to Deerhunter. I'm not even a big fan, but

>10 min long songs
>something as noisy as Monomania

those two things alone make your

>can't think of any well known Indie Band that is more generic

statement obviously incorrect.

i mean come on

>these guys
it's a media company that has events; trend setting for ignorant millennials is highly profitable, why should p4k pay for articles that don't promote their business interests?

This is way too fucking low.

An album with flawless gems like Swang, Start a Party and Black Beatles should be 8.5 at minimum.