Finns and Estonians think we're relatives

>Finns and Estonians think we're relatives
>Turkish nations and basically half of Asia thinks we're distant relatives
>Slavs think we're genetically relatives
>Austrians think we're distant relatives

It's funny because all of them are right.

It's not funny because they all look down upon each other, constantly warring against one another

Meanwhile we're sitting in the middle of it like the gigantic race mixers we truly are, the illegitimate love child of everyone, whose favorite activity is adopting other people's cultures and somehow synthesizing an independent identity out of it

Why can't we just all get along?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YnJA3yWy4u4
youtube.com/watch?v=vx8ZMkWL8hw
youtube.com/watch?v=zxXjuGiJ2DI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is your language so fucked up
And who dropped that crown

Ungreti is one of the best nations of Europe desu
To bad, that we are not cousins to (though half of the world thinks that we are retarded version of slavs, we could be honorary relatives :^) )

>Why is your language so fucked up
It's not Indo-European, so to you it might seem slightly unusual, but let me assure you it sounds quite normal, occasionally even pleasant.
>And who dropped that crown
It's one of the oldest crowns in Europe so.. it has a history. There was no cross originally on the crown. In fact, the entire crown is made up of three different parts. Pic related was the original crown made around 1100 A.D.
Those two strap thingies were added later. And the cross was added even later, in the 1500's, based on the fact that is very crudely made.

As for why is it fucked up: In the 1600's there was a coronation ceremony, and they kept the crown in a large, strong wooden chest, which was locked. The people forgot the key of it in Wien, so they tried opening the chest forcefully with a sword (it had iron straps and all) so the crown got damaged in the process. Imbeciles.
The cross has been that way ever since. I don't know why nobody bothered to repair it in the following centuries. Maybe they were afraid of damaging it. I'm however quite certain they thought it was tradition so they kept it that way. Morons.

Why thank you user, very kind of you. What is it that you like about us?

Some linguists think all agglutinative languages of Eurasia are related

Literally everyone in Eastern Europe except for Greeks are either Slavs or Slavs in denial

>It's funny because all of them are right.

You have literally no Asiatic DNA, Laszlo. T*rks are more Asian than you are.

Fastning
But how did you guys end up roleplaying as mongols anyway? Do you have any chink looking guys over there?

What about albanians?

>But how did you guys end up roleplaying as mongols anyway
It was and still is a widespread belief among Hungarians that they're descendants of Huns, Avars and other steppe warrior peoples that inhabited the Carpathian Basin before them.

>Why can't we just all get along?
Some- no most people want to see the world burn. We are animals.

I don't buy it exactly, but they kinda have a point there. I mean what are the odds that ALL agglutinative languages in Eurasia are free of grammatical genders, gendered pronouns, and favor a topic prominent word order? I mean sure, if one or two things matched it'd be a coincidence but this is just suspicious.
Vid related is some sillyness
youtube.com/watch?v=YnJA3yWy4u4

We actually have a bit of Asiatic DNA. But only like 1% of the population has it.

this. kinda Our Asian ancestors verified came from Asia near the Urals, were allied with Turks, Kazakhs, there is no doubt about that. It's just that they died out, but their culture and language lived on.

whats up with that crown?
looks like something a five year old would make in arts and crafts

yeah i'd like to see you making a crown with medieval tools faggot

I think it looks really pretty ;_;

I wish I were Hungarian

Because that belief is right, not avars and huns specially though.

Also some core vocabulary is shared, like the word for language (kieli in Finnish, kheel in Mongolian, dil in Turkish, nyelv in Hungarian etc.) and personal pronouns.

It's a pretty one. I actually like the crooked cross on top.

I know nothing of Hungarian history. How did you guys get such a huge parliament? That kind of scale was only possible here with Discoveries-tier money.

At which point in history was Hungary so grandiose? Did it all come out of taxing peasants?

They stole it from Romanians. Romanians were peaceful nation without any military focused on art and architecture, they didnt need army because they were protected by Roman Empire. But after it fell there was nobody to help them so hungarians raped, killed and pillaged and took noble Romanian creations as their own

>dil in Turkish, nyelv in Hungarian etc
yeah totally sounds like the 2 before it

You're either purposefully dense or have no idea how languages work.

they literally look/sound nothing alike muh turanist

Whatever you say lad

Estonia seems verbose.

yeah we wuz totally mongolz and shit and that prowes it!

Finland proved to be proud descendants of Tengrii yet again

>How did you guys get such a huge parliament? That kind of scale was only possible here with Discoveries-tier money.

Wait, I thought everyone had parlaments like ours? Anyway we built it from 1890 till 1905 not the 1600's. It's just that the man responsible for creating it used a traditional Baroque and European designs. Great choice in my opinion.

It's the very last great architectural achievement of my country. The man by the way went blind before the completion of our Parlament so he never could see it when it was done. Inside it's even more beautiful. Although it is pretty much 24/7 under repairs, because of the elaborate design takes tons of maintenance.

>Wait, I thought everyone had parlaments like ours?
The Finnish parliament building is a box with some pillars.

Ours is okay, but Hungary's always knocks everyone else's.

We do have bigger buildings than this, and we used to have more before the 1755 Earthquake in Lisbon.

I just checked.. wow. I'm trying to find encouraging words but I'm at a loss. It's allright Finnish-bro, your towns and nature more than make up for that travesty.

Looks nice. A bit basic. I'm really surprised though, I expected a more Roman influenced style from a Romance speaking nation like yours. You know, wide columns, the pantheon, Roman styled statues, the whole nine yards.
>the 1755 Earthquake in Lisbon.
I'm intrigued, tell me more.

op you seem like the most chill hungarian I ever met.
not sure if you could help me with this question, but why do hungarians hate taking more people into the country so much? is it that more people want to "preserve their culture?" do hungarians keep folk cultural practices alive often? I only ask because it seems like you're so guarded about other people coming in, but hungarians here assimilated faster than pretty much any other european ethnic group, and it didn't seem like there were many hungarian communities or mutual aid societies when every non-western european communities were doing those things.

>I expected a more Roman influenced style from a Romance speaking nation like yours.
We had our own architecture and Empire well after the Roman empire. We even had moors in between, as people will often point out. Also, the parliament is just another state building. It's meant to look important, but not epic or anything.

Our biggest building is probably pic related, in a similar style, and most of our late-colonial period had things like this. Although before that we went through Baroque, Manueline and Joanine Gothic Styles like everyone else. Manueline is probably the most Portuguese, since it has a lot of ocean-related symbols.

Spain had more diverse architecture. We had to reinvest on more ships and stuff like that because we were smaller. Poetry and writing were our major artistic outlet, which is lesser known because it's language dependent.

>Earthquake
You know how we had an empire? You know how we don't anymore, and are pretty shit? In 1755 we had an earthquake that leveled Lisbon and prompted a massive fire and tsunami. We lost our king's mansion, our treasury building, our official documents, jewels, etc.

That left us without half our GDP and prompted Spain and France to start playing "conquer", which prompted Brazil to be independent and we lost a lot of shit in a chain of consequences because of it. In fact, we are still recuperating from it, since we missed the Industrial revolution because of it all.

It's actually a miracle we still even exist, and unconquered, too.

Earthquakes, Tsunamis, Spanish Invasions, French Invasion, Losing Armadas because of the Sp*nish ego during a brief and forced Union, missing out on Industrial revolution, shifting colony income 3 times after losing Brazil and India, modern Authoritarian Regimes, having all our nationals deported back from the colonies and crashing our economy and job markets in the 70's, etc,etc,etc.

We haven't had 50 years of rest, but we're still trying.

>it used a traditional Baroque and European design
nigga that's 100% neogothicism

The earthquake also had major repercussions on Roman Catholic theology

The first few minutes of this video explain it well: youtube.com/watch?v=vx8ZMkWL8hw

Maybe, but only for a little while. 7 years later we were already busy kicking Spain's ass.

>why do hungarians hate taking more people into the country so much?
We don't. I don't think anybody would mind European or even Asian immigrants like the Chinese or Kazakh. Because we know they'd assimilate and become one of us. When Hungarians look at middle easterners, and black people, they see a giant question mark, they aren't certain they would integrate.
And when they look at Western European countries they see that multiculturalism was a mistake. There's terrorism. Tensions. Ours is a very safe country, and though it isn't the best, we're painfully aware that it could be worse. It used to be, during the communism. So why endanger ourselves with people we don't know? Doesn't it make more sense to be careful?
Also our gypsy problem reinforces these stereotypes.
It didn't used to be this way though. In Debrecen lots of muslims and black people studied to become doctors, never had a problem with them.
>do hungarians keep folk cultural practices alive often?
Not in particular compared to other countries. Here's what they usually play in these things
youtube.com/watch?v=zxXjuGiJ2DI
Starts at around 0:35, and there's a bit of talking later you need to fast forward

Wow sounds like you guys just can't catch a break. You know what Churchill said. If you're going through hell, keep going. Are things getting better in the EU for you?
That is a regal building by the way, I really like it.

I'm not an architect user, so I stand corrected. I knew there were multiple styles to it though.

>Are things getting better in the EU for you?
Ha! We and Spain have been asked to stop doing shit because it's France's and Germany's territory. We can't fish because of quotas despite owning like a third of the European waters alone. We can't farm because that would go against France's thing.

Schegen is cool, because we never shy away from travelling and making a living away from home, so there's that. Missing our home has been the Portuguese state of mind since the 1400's.

We did get a lot of money for infrastructure that our politicians all pocketed, which doesn't help our case, but we're stuck in a deadlock now.

It's still a better place to live than most Eastern Europe, because we're stuck poor after spending it all, not before having it in the first place, so we really can't complain. People live rather well, for the most part. Not a lot of luxuries, but no famine or rampant crime, and our cities are all pretty cool, and despite business/administrative centralisation, every city has at least an important and still intact history.

Food and weather are great, and people are getting a lot smarter and more pragmatic, so it's gonna be fine.

>That is a regal building by the way, I really like it.
It's a convent. But it was made out of the wishes of a megalomaniacal "sun king", who wanted something huge in his honour.

It's full to the brim with books and paintings and golden ornaments. Very lush. We have a LOT more, but none quite as big.

>Ha! We and Spain have been asked to stop doing shit because it's France's and Germany's territory. We can't fish because of quotas despite owning like a third of the European waters alone. We can't farm because that would go against France's thing.
Shit, the sound of that makes one's blood boil. EU money will eventually run out, and without an economy what will you do? We're in a similar situation right now, I think after 2018 we won't get any support from the EU. Hopefully it means Orbán and his buddies will be hanged, but I won't hold my breath for that to happen.
>We did get a lot of money for infrastructure that our politicians all pocketed
same here
>Missing our home has been the Portuguese state of mind since the 1400's.
lmao, sounds like we have a lot in common bro.
>It's a convent. But it was made out of the wishes of a megalomaniacal "sun king", who wanted something huge in his honour.
>It's full to the brim with books and paintings and golden ornaments.
Oh! I get it now, so that's what Brazilians mean when they say give back their gold, hahaha
We only used about 40kg for our Parlament. Pic related what it looks like in the inside. It's pretty, though I think the French Versailles is much more extravagant.

>that video
i guess you could get a similar effect if you did this with other languages