Unpopular/Controversial Opinion Thread

Unpopular/Controversial Opinion Thread

>Vaporwave only exists because chillwave was too hard to make for most people

>Blackgaze is the most sonically interesting genre of rock music right now

>Djent isn't really that bad, and the lowest of lows in that genre are still better than average nu-metal

>Tame Impala is better than Anco

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw
youtube.com/watch?v=n8V94WQjMAw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>OP is not an autist

>Red is Weezer's 3rd best album
>NOTM is the worst DG album
>Yeezus > MBDTF
>Teens of Denial is CSH's best album

1. Yeah
2. Don't listen to it
3. I kinda agree, at least from a stylistic point
4. I disagree but I understand 110% why you'd think that

I loved Tonight by David Bowie and I don't know why some people hate it.

Painting with is incredible and the only real reason I've found for why people don't like it is
>muh it wasn't what I expected

>NOTM is the worst DG album
Kill urself my m-
>Yeezus > MBDTF
Alright fine

>Thugga is the best artist out of the 2010's

>TOP isn't actually that bad

>Malibu is AOTY

>Fuck Grimes

we had a whole thread a few days back full with people citing their issues with it but apparently none of those were ~valid enough~ for their super autistic fanbase.

HipHop is an objectively good genre
But it's been so worn out and done to death that all creativity and innovation was left in the 00s

I prefer Wildflower to SILY by a lot

>Kanye West never made something good
>same for Grimes
>same for Death Grips
>only early AnCo is good
>Neutral Milk Hotel is ok
>all Trap music is shit, all, no exceptions, also, 1 in 100 Rap albums are good

u ain't lyin

I honestly didn't see much of it, I was kinda exaggerating withBut the fact that I don't think the problems that people have with it are big enough to justify the hate it's gotten still stays true

>trap music is as boring/uninspired as they claim indie to be
>TLOP is garbage
>Alice in Chains are better than Nirvana

>all trap music is shit
That's an unpopular one?

The trap genre of hip-hop is the highest form of art. Utilizing minimal qualities of edm to create precise hits, releases, building of tension, and releasing of said tension. Like an orgasm over and over. The lyrics just add to the energy and bounce around to guide you through the instrumental.

i actually dislike the album, but yeah i do agree that the way in which the majority of publications (esp ones that used to get that ad $$$ from anco clicks) wrote about it was petty and ridiculous.

get out dindu.

>tame impala>>>>>>>Mac Demarco>>>>> AnCo

>Tonetta>>>>>>>Mac Demarco (I'm trying to get that Mac is not good, here)

>three of a perfect pair>>ITCOTCK

>grimes only made two good songs

>Mac Demarco>>>>> AnCo
you crazy??

what is an example of blackgaze

I have never heard that term in my life

acoustic guitars > electric guitars

>the entirety of monastic living is pointless drivel except for "no no no!" and "alms for the poor"

youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw

>blurryface is better than any radiohead album
my taste is really really bad by the way

Ah okay gotcha

>GP is the best DG album

>three of a perfect pair>>ITCOTCK
that IS an unpopular opinion
what do you think of red?

aoty of 2016

>pop punk can be really good

Can you insufferable neckbeards just fuck off

These are not "controversial opinions", these are remarkably inoffensive and middle of the line opinions that slightly differ from whatever the cut and dry meta is on Sup Forums. Most of these don't even point out flaws, they just say "this album is great but this album is great also"

Seriously, if you're going to post post something that's actually worth discussing please

At their best? Fuck that's tough but I have to pick electric simply because it's given me more hours of entertainment

damn dude whats your problem

What did you think of Anohni's stuff when she was still in Antony and the Johnsons?

>Posts like this where one guy tells everyone to fuck off are just great

i liked i am a bird now but the rest of it was kind of underwhelming

Fine
>Grimes is the greatest artist of all time and literally any other music is awful and if you don't listen exclusively to Grimes you should kill yourself
I hope ur happy m8

>Seriously, if you're going to post post something that's actually worth discussing please
lol then what did you contribute

Did you hear the groups Beyonce cover? I thought it was pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=n8V94WQjMAw

Antony fantano is a melon

Because they're just using the thread as a way of stroking their pseudo-intellectualism. They're saying nothing of value and they're only posting it because they want to feel smart and profound.

They're not "controversial opinions", you need to spend many hours evaluating the finer details of meme politics on Sup Forums to even understand how any of these opinions could be labeled offensive

zomby did nothing wrong tbqh!!!

i getcha

arguably there's more variety with electrics but there's just something about the feel and sound of a well made acoustic that just resonates with my soul or something

>it's an op says the safest opinions everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

wow, the fact that you care so much is incredibly autistic

Here I'll post an unpopular opinion of mine:

I think the facination with hip hop, rnb, and other genres of african american decent is because leading corporations and right wing media is focusing on keeping the masses subdued by keeping them stupid (because nigger culture of full of glorifying stupidity and quick living). I hope one day we stop caring about hip hop and every young nigger who was a hood rat and happened to get noticed by some high powered music industry executive.

Frank Zappa was a terrible artist and he has like 3 songs that aren't a total waste of time.

His music was completely vapid beyond style and his style was just tacky random bullshit that didn't serve any purpose other than to look different, probably because otherwise everyone would just think he's a boring old fart. It's basically just fedora-core.

Here's an opinion that actually pisses people off, I've had this conversation a million times since I first heard him in middle school and everyone tells me I'm wrong but no one can ever explain why.

You're just pretty much fucking retarded

I'd argue that pop music as a whole is a method of influencing society into valuing a lifestyle that favors corporations - materialism and brand advertising in music videos in particular.

You're correct. Frank Zappa is complete shit.

Also Beefheart >>>>>>>> Zappa

This one might not be that controversial, but Kanye West is NOT a musical genius. MBDTF is okay at best and The Life of Pablo is a genuinely awful album that I can't see how anyone could like.

I agree with that sentiment as well, but I think a lot of it comes with a racial tinge, since african american culture comes from a poor, oppressed root (and therefore has a much higher potential for degeneracy).

>Death Grips is just okay

All of those are popular opinions you autist.

Most people could easily see why TLOP is liked, it's not hard actually

The Money Store is the best Death Grips album
Angles is the only good Strokes album
Revolver is the worst Beatles album
ITAOTS is the worst album ever made
Ys is the worst Joanna Newsom Album
Slanted and Enchanted is a pile of crap
Jamboree > Beat Happening
Pharrell > Andre 3000
The first La Roux album is terrible, Trouble in Paradise is much better
HAIM's Days Are Gone album is fantastic
emo is a horrible genre, every other genre it touches turns to crap
the Bayonetta games have the worst soundtracks I've ever heard in my life
While they're both classics Off The Wall is ever so slightly better than Thriller
Mariah Carey is probably the most important and significant singer of the last 30 years
Peace Sells But Who's Buying has the best production of any album in any genre

Jenny Death is best death grips

It's a potato

The best albums are jam sessions

Please stop thinking that TMS is the best DG album so I don't have any relation to you anymore

it's an inconsistent mess. most of it's either mediocre or bad, there are maybe 2 songs that i think are worth listening to. also both parts to father stretch my hands are awful

SMiLE would have completely changed the course of popular music.

Kanye West is the only rapper who has ever created anything worthy of being called art.

You are wrong because you are a contrarian edgelord. It's very simple.

You don't actually believe any of that.

I can agree with all of these.

I will never understand why people praise TLOP.

ITAOTS isn't the worse album ever made.

Have you heard fucking Brokencyde?

I try to enjoy albums as opposed to hate them

I just view it as a collection of songs that take inspiration from his past work. Pretty much the entire thing is his attempt at a straight party/pop album. No real cohesion or solid theme, just accessible stuff for people to play in their car, reminds me of Graduation a bit. The gospel parts did throw me off cause it's only there for like 3 tracks and makes you believe the album is going somewhere. I think it's good for what it is, but it's easy to see why people hate it (lyrics, simplicity, inconsistency, length, etc.). I would like to see West take more risks though, TLOP is easily his most safe album. But with this many albums in, can't really blame him for wanting to slow it down for one

This is not a hard album to understand and anyone who thinks that someone is pretentious because they like this album is a dipshit

>The breeze blowin' up me 'n up the canyon
Literally the first time I listened to this I understood that he was talking about his asscrack and I lost my shit. The guy was just as much of a comedian as Zappa. I don't understand how people see a difference between the two, other than the drugs thing.

adding some more opinions

live albums > studio (unless it's a shit recording)

instrumental music > music with lyrics

white people should not sing delta blues songs

damn...

John Mayer is better than Blind Lemon Johnson

Taylor Swift has genuine talent but is also a lazy sellout

Well Blind Lemon Johnson played religious gospel music and religious music is all shit, so....

>blind lemon johnson
you mean blind lemon JEFFERSON, right?

Haha, Google didn't correct me when I looked up the name. I just clicked the Wikipedia article and looked at the genre of blues he played, saw "gospel blues", and came right back here. Maybe he meant to say Robert Johnson though, even then he's an idiot.

that makes sense I guess.

Kid A is not the best Radiohead, it's not even top 5