College football season starts tomorrow so i thought it was a good time to finally get into this album

college football season starts tomorrow so i thought it was a good time to finally get into this album

i don't get it desu
guitar sounds nice but nothing else about this stands out (although i'm only two songs in so far)

what does Sup Forums see in this

it's comfy, and has that summer love feel, which could be a good or a bad thing

Same here

it sounds like pretty run-of-the-mill "indie" rock to me
not like the masterpiece i've heard it is
i wouldn't change the station if one of these songs came up on the radio, but i wouldn't seek it out

Sup Forums never liked this album until the last month or so honestly, they're just hyped because there's a new album coming out.

okay i'm now on i'll see you when we're both not so emotional
still nothing special imo

???

lol you haven't been here long

What the fuck are you on? This album has been posted on here for years.

Newfag detection system on overload.

>unironically posting about sports
shit bait For Sure

NEW ALBUM
>NEW ALBUM
NEW ALBUM
>NEW ALBUM
NEW ALBUM
>NEW ALBUM
NEW ALBUM
>NEW ALBUM

do i have to break up with someone to get this album

not any of them but I've been here for a year and a half and this album has always been loved
so my newfag detection system is on overload

If you haven't been on Sup Forums since MPP was announced you need to go the fuck back to /r/music

A year and a half? Please. I've been on Sup Forums since 2010 and barely knew this album existed. Lurk moar

not if your as big of a faggot as me since you fall in love with your idea of what a girl you'll never talk to is like and you use up a lot of your spare time daydreaming about different situations with her including breakups

This is classic Sup Forumscore you're retarded

this is literally me but i didn't like it

gonna go ask a random girl out and break up with her on the first date

Excuse me you fucking IDIOT? Say that to my face.

It's a grower, give it another listen next time you feel like it
I did not like and borderline hated In the Aeroplane Over the Sea the first time I heard it, second time I thought it was a 10/10

>break up
>first date

oh user...

yeah i know
it's stupid of me to think i could even get a first date

i just don't believe that you barely knew of AF's existence even after 6 years on mu, there's threads about it all the time

Fresh out of reddit i see.

>(although i'm only two songs in so far)

retard

The kinday of album that deceive you the first time you listen to it then it gets better as you keep listening to it for some reason you ignore

PLACE YOUR BETS, HOW LONG HAS THIS GUY BEEN VISITING Sup Forums
>2-3 months

You're full of shit. If you've really been here 6 years and you "barely knew this album existed" then you're a fucking retard.

this is posted every emo thread, I've known about it before I came on here, and I see it almost every time I come on the hellhole

No?

over-under:

texas a&m's win total in 2016-17 vs the number of hours OP has spent on Sup Forums

it came out in '99 before a lot of the bigger indie acts came around. it inspired a lot of those bands.

hours on Sup Forums definitely
a&m might finish at the bottom of the west

Are you fucking autistic?

Do you close your eyes whenever you see a picture of it or something? I've been here since 2010 too and this album is posted as often as loveless

It's boring. """Music fans""" like to be bored, they think that if something is boring it must be deep.

See: King Crimson, GY!BE, really any Sup Forumscore

anyone know any albums similar to this?

Check out toe - For Long Tomorrow. That's the closest I've heard.

Gonna sound a bit cliche' but I didn't get this album until I went through a breakup

here's your (You)

Enemies, Elephant Gym, Clever Girl, Tabar, Colours, Uchuu Conbini, And Toe if you want the more slower, intricate math rock sound

Cap'n Jazz, Malegoat, Ape Up!, Johnny Foreigner, Pile, Instruments (Make Music), Toe, Glocca Morra, and The Cabs if you want more fast, punk-based or emo-based music but still contain a good amount of math rock elements

>being this new

>(although i'm only two songs in so far)
so this is your first listen. it's not enough, listen another time

appleseed cast

this shit isnt made for radio listening man, next time you're as sad as you think you've ever been sit down and put this album on. you have to be in a certain place sometimes to listen to it

the only good song is the opening
the rest is utter whiny trash

Also should probably mention that these are artists and not albums. My bad.

Also if you want an even more math-based sound with fast punk elements but grounded more deeply in experimental music terroritory check out Hella, Tera Melos, Don Caballero, Battles, and The Brave Little Abacus - Masked Dancers (specifically this album if you want math rock, because the rest of their discography (which is pretty good as well) varies in style and genre, ranging from punk rock, post-hardcore, electronic and even synth based pop punk on their final ep)

Also Willow is great instrumental math rock band similar to Cap'n Jazz, especially their Roanoke EP. Folio is also a neat band which is slower but similar in nature though. Also messed up on Colours, they belong in the faster, punk-based section.

if anything people on here are skeptical of the new album, this album has basically always been universally praised. you're retarded

>judging after only one listen

kys

never post about an album on here if you're "only two songs in", that's not at all how you form an opinion of an entire work.

this whole fucking thread is retarded

>implying

I give this album at least 3 chances