Isn't it strange that there are very few good albums by women?

Huh. I wonder why.

Probably because you have shit taste, there are a lot. And yes it is harder for a woman to make it solo in the music industry unless they look hot and sell sex. (You can thank Madonna for that, which Joni rightfully claimed to be the Nero of the music). Madonna got the recongnition and respect and adoration that should have been reserved for someone like Kate Bush.

This. Madonna is why we had a teenage Britney Spears dancing around in a crop top and short skirt for American men to drool over because of MUH DICK while
someone like Lauryn Hill had a nervous breakdown and left the music industry.

Someone hasn't listened to a Bjork album...

Scaruffi said she was shit though...

damn. real talk

Scaruffi is wrong then.

>this exists
m8

women arent good at things for the most part. im sure theres some but i cant think of any

Sounds like someone's just lonely and bitter :^)

Listen to more music, small son

Women are literally a meme

you just got womyn'd!

Carly Rae literally just released new music you stupid fuck.

There's lots of great female albums, but overall Men just have more creativity and talent. Just the way the world works, despite what feminists try to say.

And not a single one worth listening to

It's a shame the Rickie Lee Jones album is so bad when Chuck E's in Love is such a great song. Listening to the full thing was one of my biggest letdowns ever.

+Angel Olsen, Grimes, Sharon Van Etten, Feist, Holly Herndon, Hop Along, Julia Holter, Julianna Barwick, Marissa Nadler, Mitski, Taeko Ohnuki, Sleater-Kinney...

also thats the worst St. Vincent album

Scaruffi never said this btw. Doesn't oodle over her work either, with fair arguments.

but you're retarded the rest of the album is even better

uh oh am i a sexist?

too busy sucking chad's dick amiright lads?

Blue's a 10/10, though.

You know if you wanted recs you could've just asked.

Maybe if you spent less time masturbating to men dressed as women and more time listening to music you'd not be saying such stupid things.

(not true, by the way)

back to your Radiohead and /r9k/

Forgot the Raincoats, Meredith Monk, and Cat Power.

What's the best lady-fronted rock band?

Hardmode:
Whats the best all lady band?

Scaruffi also rated the first Korn album higher than everything Radiohead and the Beatles ever released.

OP here, sorry lads and girls, I just got dumped by my ex-girlfriend and was feeling a little bit mad towards women. I do enjoy lots of music made by women and I agree it's probably other factors that make them not releasing that many top-tier albums comparing to men (industry, society etc.).

I'm enjoying the recommendations though, keep it going!

lel
Patti Smith
Cocteau Twins
Hiromi Uehara
Toe
Code Orange

Some examples in very variated genres my sexist friend

I get it.

>Hiromi Uehara

I like you, user

>Probably because you have shit taste

I like that the first answer in the thread is the best one.

Well isn't that cute!

Have you ever made a good album, user?

Just as a piece advice, claiming yourself as part of Team Men(tm) doesn't change the fact there are hundreds of women out there with more musical talent than you, on an individual level.

This is a shit argument because it is such a flawed way of saying you cannot critically measure anything.

Women don't have the capacity for critical thinking, insight, and rebellion.

>pretending to be OP to further your retarded tumblr-feminist agenda
I seriously recommend suicide.

Not what I'm saying at all.

What I'm saying is that talent exists on an individual level. More men have talent than women, but most men (like OP, for example) are in the same boat as women. Sup Forums's obsession with men being better than women reeks of virginity and insecurity

Yeah dude, men and women are equivalent in literally every way. We can't have natural differences, now, that wouldn't be progressive.

There are more creative men than women. Period.

Can you read?

More men are literate than women, but you're just as illiterate as any dumb slut who didn't pay attention in school. Make sense?

Soooo.... you have an arguments or are you gonna keep calling me an idiot?

I guarantee that I'm smarter than you in literally every way.

>Soooo.... you have an arguments or are you gonna keep calling me an idiot?
An argument for what?

All I've said is that talent exists on an individual level. There are more talented men than women, but most men and women are untalented (including most people posting in this thread). As a result, it's pretty clear that anyone who obsesses over the gulf in talent between men and women is insecure and wants to feed off the success of other men. These are all things I've already said.

Good women, good people make good music.

cos women are shit at being creative, in art it usually ends up with nailing a tampon to a wall, and in musicit's singing about rape or just screaming a bit (björk)

>Cocteau Twins
didn't know robin guthrie was a womenz

it is an androgynous name though

>toe
fucking lol

>he thinks everything Scaruffi says is a fact
Also, Scaruffi uses the sexist theory that her music relies on talented male composers and producers, something she and her collaborators have denied on more than one occasion

ITT: people listing all the women musicians they know

How retarded can you really be

>Grimes

there's many shades of retardation. look at björks career, she's done about 50 of them

Joni's post-folk, jazzier period is also great. Check it out user

Some pathetic people who need it to be this thing.

madonna > lauryn hill tho

Fucking this

yeah, poor kate bush being so impopular and unrecognised

It works because it should, it's easy. Realistically they're selling the artist.

Except Madonna's first album is amazing.

Y'all should listen to Hanet Jackson's The Velvet Rope. It's quite experimental and forward thinking, it predicted basically every trend in RNB 15 years in advance.

black women are excepted of being shit at music, this is a well-known fact

>being this pleb

What do you mean? Like as in black women are the exception, or black women are always shit? I can't tell because of your faulty syntax and grammar.

Don't knock an album before you try it's, Velvet Rope is GOAT.

black women are the exception, they are good at music

you syntax racist

Nina Simone has around 12 albums that are GOAT and better than anything most men have produced.

MIA is really the best on there, trust me guys

I second this.

I usually prefer music made by women

I hate this album

Don't know OP there are quite a few:
Mahalia Jackson
Etta James
Aretha Franklin
Janis Joplin
Billie Holiday
Joni Mitchell
Patti Smith