Are Norwegians actually oil niggers?

Are Norwegians actually oil niggers?

No, oil niggers would be poor without oil. Norway would still be Northern Europe-tier without oil.

>yes, I, in fact, am a Norwegian

Well, that chart clearly says "no"

in 1970, before oil discovered, noruega was literally the worst country in europa, totally moldova tier.

so yes, they are oilniggers. just like Dubay or EAU.

Yeah.

>Norway would still be Northern Europe-tier without oil.
yeah, sure

>just like dubair or EAU

dubai is the capital of the EAU you dumb retard kek

Africa tier

>Finland in charge of understanding economy
Finland exported goods worth $77.3B in 2014, while Norway exported goods worth $149B in 2014.

Add Norway's $95.3B from petroleum gas, crude petroleum and refined petroleum to Finland's pre-existing $7.6B from refined petroleum and you have $102.9B out of $172.6B worth of exports, and 59.6% of Finland's exports would be from the petroleum industry.

Not even taking account brain drain and loss in exports in other industries as you put tens of thousands of highly skilled and educated employees into one field of work.

Stay mad, oilnog.

>paper and paperboard,coated on one or both sides with kaolin

so specific, wtf finland

Stay poor, Pekka.

Norwegians will go back to being simple fishermen known for nothing once their precious oil runs out, in due time.

Ah yes, the days we'll have to settle for Finland-tier mediocrity will truly be the saddest of days.

That's clearly not the case according to

Yeah well, at least we can buy more things

We've actually been renowned internationally for something other than oil and fish, same can't be said for Norway. Telenor is the only Norwegian company I can name off the top of my head, their expertise being telecommunications in which Nokia shall overtake them soon enough (they bought Alcatel-Lucent recently).

We have so many big corps relative to our size. I always wonder where all that money goes. Does the money just stay inside the holdings or something? Because we're not seeing it.

switzerland

Norway has oil, eh?
Interesting

>autistic shit flinging

don't do it lads

>Normalized to Poland
Do you even understand what this map shows? It's heavily tied to currency values, which is beneficial to all Eurozone countries when drawing the caparison between Poland.

even my dad remembers scandinavia as kind of poor and he visited it in the 90s

interesting. why though?

failing memory probably

They had one of highest gdps per capita before they found oil

This desu

His map being normalized to Poland does not change anything. A "purchasing power index" is probably completely different than your statistic. It's probably more akin to the burger index. A burger probably costs more hours at work in Norway than in Finland.

>germans have more purchasing power than norwegians

the norwegian meme has been busted, the swiss are the only patrician country in europe

Can confirm

t. Been to Oslo

It changes everything. It tells you how much a Norwegian person can buy of Polish goods, not what he can buy in his own country. I don't know about Pekka, but I don't travel to Poland to buy my groceries.

Countries like Iceland and Norway are harshly punished as their currencies are currently very weak.

>It tells you how much a Norwegian person can buy of Polish goods, not what he can buy in his own country

No. It means Poland's index is *100* and all other indices are relative to Poland's.

We export clay and people actually buy it. The absolute madmen!

That's exactly what I'm saying. The Norwegian Krone has fallen drastically the past two years, while the Euro, Pound and Swiss-Franc have remained solid, which means although nothing has changed for the average Norwegian (on the contrary, wages have risen) we have significantly less purchaing power outside our own country unless we travel to other countries with weak currencies, such as Australia, New Zealand or Canada.

For reference, here is the map from before the oil prices started to drop.

No that's not what you're saying. A purchasing index measures how many (say) burgers you can buy at your LOCAL store with (say) an hour of work at at your LOCAL place of work. You get numbers like 0.34, 0.7, etc. Normalizing to Poland means, Poland's 0.92 becomes 100 and the rest is scaled appropriately. Look at the map's legend. A purchasing index relative to another country's produce is completely useless and that's not at all what that map shows.

That's exactly what the map shows.

A person in Germany can buy 1.83 times the goods as a person in Poland. This is entire tied to difference in wages, tax levels and the strength of the country's currency.

The map is normalized to Poland as Poland falls exactly in the middle in this comparison in terms of purchasing power.