ITT: Albums you didn't like on your first listen, but that you love now

Itaots, not so much not liking it but didnt get what all the fuss was about, now i love it

Album was absolute shit first listen then after I got rid of a few songs it was kinda enjoyable.

Hated it.

Same

came to post this

bump

This was the first Swans album I heard and I didn't really enjoy it. I didn't hate it but after I started listening to their other albums I long thought this was their worst, that is until I actually listened to it again. Now it's my favorite Swans album.

MBDTF

Bored at first by these long ambient/Field Recordings tracks, but after few listens, they becomes really moving.

It's a grower

Even though I liked other classic black metal albums, this one never got my attention till recently.

When you go and say that it wont grow

hated this the first few times i heard it and the fact that everywhere i looked everybody loved it just made me hate it more

now of course i love it

basically all my favorite albums

I had that same experience but with Pet Sounds

I didn't necessarily dislike it on my first listen but it was definitely my least favorite BoC release. Now it's easily my favorite.

First time listening through this I thought that the blues/prog-influenced guitar solos were weird and unfitting and I just didn't understand any of the hype but now it's one of my all-time favorite albums.

When I first listened I had to turn it off before Only Shallow finished, I'm glad I gave it another shot, because it's now one of my favourites.

came here to post this
and now I leave

although in my case it happens with a lot of albums actually....
Daydream Nation and VU&Nico are popular examples that deserve a mention

Just thought it was generic pop schlock at first, now it's my favorite of his.

ITT: people who convinced themselves hip-hop and meme records aren't shit

you forgot that there also is a huge narcisist lurking in this thread

really mane?

First listen was in the middle of an afternoon, album didn't convince me and I skipped it for a while. One summer night, a little drunk, I decided to give it another try because I loved everything else and maybe I'd missed things. Album made my night, and many more after that.

listened to it a handful of times in 2009, and thought noting of it.

found my copy of it recently and ripped it. not really put it down since. that was 3 weeks ago.

at first i was irritated because it didn't seem to sound like their past work, but it eventually became my most listened to album for years.

i can't be the only one

I listened to this for the first time a week or two ago and completely tuned out, thought it was boring.
Maybe I'll think differently if I revisit it.

seconding these

>listen to it for for the first time
>dying of laughter after I realize this album is obviously a joke
Then 3 years later....
>sheds a tear as I listen to it because nobody will ever again take as much time as captain beefheart did to make something as beautifully unique

Is this true? I stopped after 4-5 songs

It's legitimately a good album

>biting it so hard

i know, it is one of those albums that needs to sink in, in that sense it can only be compared to . look up the story behind the man, too. the whole thing changed me, i hope it'll do the same to you.

I loved the instrumentals, but the vocals had to grow on me

whoops, 2nd answer meant for