So which one succeeded in "elevating rock music to levels equivalent to classical music"?

So which one succeeded in "elevating rock music to levels equivalent to classical music"?

Post rock or Prog rock?

Neither you retarded cunt.

Neither, and it shouldn't.

Rock is different from classical. Rock can't be as complex as classical, but classical can't express youth and rebellion like rock can.

lol fuck off

Krautrock is the serious answer here

You're a twat.

All rock is degenerate trash.

math rock

>All rock is degenerate trash

ska

>All rock is degenerate trash
lmao go back to /classical/ you dumb cunt

>I think rock is anything more than pop music
>I use hat memes

Just delete your thread, its embarrassing

grindcore

I'm not OP you fucktard
Kill yourself already you condescending prick

>rock will never be a complex as classical
user, I need you to step away from the keyboard and buy a math rock album. Listen to it, listen to it over and over and think about what you just said

I would say Talk Talk is pretty good at what they do.

>Rock can't be as complex as classical

But that's not true...Like at all.

Avenged Sevenfold - A Little Piece Of Heaven?
like that??

no, krautrock is more like jazz

>But that's not true...Like at all.
oneexample.jpg

lol

Neither, but prog rock got closer. Also, most of the time post rock isn't a real genre, but an umbrella to describe experimental bands from the 90s who could be better described as krautrock or simply experimental rock (as they had almost nothing in common with "proper" post rock).

>most of the time post rock isn't a real genre
>prog is

what is "proper" post rock? albums that make you cry?

Yes, because there is a difference between rock music that is "progressive" and progressive rock.

oh please, don't tell me your idea of "proper" postrock is uninspired sigur ros/godspeed/mogwai clones

it's not an insult. but now i'll insult you, you inbred useless chimp-onion hybrid

sure

They're all under the same umbrella. There's stylistic differences from the standard 70s prog bands like Yes and Talk Talk obviously, but they're both progressive rock.

Assigning a sound or an aesthetic that needs to be adhered to for progressive rock goes against the very principle of the 'genre.'

>70s prog bands like Yes and Talk Talk
let this be bait

I meant "70s prog like Yes to Talk Talk" i.e. contrasting the two

>classical can't express youth

>rock and hip-hop babbies discussing classical and higher tier music

pls

>Assigning a sound or an aesthetic that needs to be adhered to for progressive rock goes against the very principle of the 'genre.'
>implying
All prog bands sound the same you child

i used genre in quotes because it doesn't just apply to Gentle Giant, Yes, the list goes on.

Is post Rock just prog minus wank?

I'm usually the guy who writes Sup Forums, but that just doesn't make sense in that case. Idiot.

Quirky.