/daily/ - Fish Rustles the /daily/ Edition

It's time for /daily/

Listen to your library, show off your backlog, babble about new music, be at peace with /rym/, try not to have another existential crisis, and just let the good times flow.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>Top Sters. Just use this.

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>Plug a snug. People should actually start using this for more than 30 minutes a week (guilty).

synctube.org/r/Some_dumb_synctube_channel
>Plug too normie? Parents don't love you? This is your place!

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>double yew double yew double yew dot daily dot com slash poseur

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>Abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

The skype group is a closely guarded secret, protected by a sect of closely guarded monks high atop the Coches Mountains

Most importantly, talk about music!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jam_handy/hidden_bone_and_hidden_gristle/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/martha-argerich/24-preludes_-op_-28_-preludes-nr_-25_-op_-45_-nr_-26_-op_-posth_/
mega.nz/#!D1InUCaB!AWjOyiL5tmqL7Yghv0gpA7r_CooqI0L4UiCxyHqiCFU
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/宇波拓、佳村萠と秋山徹次/ホンタテドリ__hontatedori_/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/daughters/daughters/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/index_f3/the_index__aka_the_black_album_/
rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I spent a long time doing this so you better peep it.

>WHAT?!? you didn't like [shit album]??? REDO IT!!!!!!!!!!
If I didn't like it I most likely won't revisit it, as revisiting it was probably what made me dislike it in the first place (as is the case for Kanye, American Football, Vapourwave, etc.). In fact, most Sup Forumscore and "classics" I've heard plenty, and don't plan to revisit any.

I may try some of Jazz and Bleeps more in the future, and Hip-Hop and Metal is unlikely.

>WOW You enjoyed album X but didn't enjoy album Y???? I LITERALLY CAN'T EVEN
This will be a fun original comment I assure you.

Anyways...

Good one.

NEW TOURNEY OH BOY

>Did you just steal that from Herb Guy?
Heck flippin’ yes. What’s he gonna do? I’ll fuck him up dude.

>Why should I care?
You shouldn’t! :D

>Are there even enough trips for this?
I’m not sure. /daily/ has been rather slow lately so it will probably take some time to fill up at least. I may get family/friends again in on it if need be.

>Why are you doing this?
I’m off to college soon. /daily/ will most likely become /semi-weekly/ and I probably won’t post here as often. I’ll be around every now and again just to see how it’s going, but this serves as a semi-goodbye to some good times I’ve had here over the past year posting near-daily.

I'm finishing up current chart then I'll do this after.

>What are the rules?
Standard stuff:
1. Rec me things I haven’t heard yet. If it has a rating on rateyourmusic.com/~I_AM_FISH it isn’t free game.
2. HOWEVER if the album is tagged “to do”(UNLESS it has a rating) it is ABSOLUTELY free game. In fact, “to do” albums are preferred, as it will shorten my ever-expanding backlog.
3. No “reserving” spots. If you reply with that I’ll just ignore you. There’s 40 flippin’ spots, you’ll most likely get a spot.
4. I’ll most likely not accept an album with egregiously long runtimes. This has no absolute definition, but it will probably by fine if it’s under two hours.
5. I can reject an album based on any shitty criteria unlisted here, but that’s pretty unlikely.
6. EPs are welcome! Singles MAY be accepted if they are longer-length.
7. I will give Dogwander two spots if he wants them, being that he won the previous tourney.
8. (very important!!) This will be done with the highest-scorers overall moving on, not by a trip vs. trip fashion like last time.

>What sort of things should I rec?
I usually enjoy things of the Post-Punk, Noise Rock, and in general albums that have feelings of continuity and genuine passion. Though this is extremely vague and not even necessarily always true, so just rec whatever you want :D

this shit still going? terrible taste as always fish.

>3 for Tampe Impala
>Those Kanye ratings
>3 for Grimes
fucking kill yourself faggot

Thanks!

Out of all those THOSE are the ones you chose to defend?

>mfw Bingo rekt fish

those are your complaints? I didn't even look at the chart and I can guarantee you'll find worst ratings to complain about
although I agree Grimes should be below that rating.

oh nice
Kent - Hagnesta Hill

>reking fish for virginity and bad taste
too easy to be h

like what

the fact you gave 9's to bad albums.

reserving

thanks!

Topsters still dead?

i rec Royal Trux - Twin Infinitives
if not, maybe Yeezus
if you've heard that aswell my rec will be Love - Forever Changes

and just in case: 2Pac - All Eyez On Me

but those are the most accurate ratings on there desu

added ;)

HOLY FUCK YES
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/jam_handy/hidden_bone_and_hidden_gristle/
i rec this

added all four you get four spots dude thanks
-Fish

thanks dude thanks
-Fish

flippin' added

may contain owls

What makes you hate Forever Changes? Can totally get why you don't care for it, but a 2/10 seems overdone. Not liking The Necks also makes you an ambassador of Certified Shit Taste, although to be fair that's one of their weaker albums anyway and I will complain forever and ever that this is the Necks album people deemed essential instead of Hanging Gardens or anything they made between 2006 and 2011.

You're not from around here, are you?

Frankie Knuckles - Live at Ministry of Sound, 1991

u can find it on youtube

actually since it'll probably never fill up
listen to France 98 by Girl Band

Tragic Mullato - Hot Man Pussy

J. B. Lenoir - Passionate Blues
It's on spotify fyi

oh shit multi Spots
Sun City Girls - Funeral Mariachi
(you better fucking like it too, those SCG r8s on your RYMEME are atrocious boi)
Gavin Bryars - Sinking of the Titanic

>not liking the Necks makes you an ambassador of Certified Shit Taste
That's their only album I've heard, but can you imagine being their bass player? I would fucking fall asleep if I had to play the same three notes for like an hour.

I guess I really just never liked Forever Changes. I Just think it's incredibly unsatisfying. Every time I revisit it I never enjoy a single moment on it, idk.

I'll backlog that other Necks album though, thanks. Also, I'm doing Frankie Knuckles on this chart so NOT added xP

added, and you're probably right. I did 64 last time though, no?

got it

I mean no. I'm just giving Dogboy two, and I was joking about adding all of Jimboy's albums. I'll give multiple if I have a hard time filling it (which I will).

wrong twice

Current chart btw

Last album is Frankie Knuckles but I just couldn't find a pic for it so ended up using that.

Diamanda Galás - Litanies Of Satan

oh right I forgot I recced it already, SIGH

In that case, my rec shall be Flipper - Gone Fishin'

Here's a story about how Dogwander stole my heart and I misspelled his name.

added!!!!

The Reatards - Teenage Hate (don't do any bonus tracks, just do the original 18 tracks)

I wouldn't rate it that low, but I Forever Changes definitely gives me blue balls. Like it's almost the kind of album I'd really like but there's something missing.

Tom Waits - Closing Time
a bit of a letdown, I was looking forward to this since it's one of the only albums of his with 'clean' vocals after the 'dirty' stuff began to wear on me... was expecting some halfway sleaze jazz, barfly, noir shit, in stead it feels kind of amateur... It's fine, it's nothing special at all though

Ween - GODWEENSATAN: The Oneness
It's quite good when it isn't erring on the side of Filthy Frank smut rock, but it's still fun at least when it is doing so, can't complain, there are some absolute bangers here as well

Hello Daily peeps. I really want to get started here and make a trip, start rating things, and most importantly start discovering more music with a focus on jazz, metal, folk, and maybe some pop and general avant-shit. How should I go about getting started? I've seen the charts and what not and I've lurked on and off for a little while, so I do have a general idea.

Get a trip and start shitposting, maybe do a chart. There's some useful files and a chart of /daily/'s favorite albums on the site if you wanna check that out (there's an updated version that someone has but Idk where). Basically just have fun and talk about what you've been listening to.

Turn 360° and walk away imo.

added xP

Live 36-minute version of LMLYP is best version

It's like the Long Season version of songs about pussy.

>Turn 360°
That's some unnecessary action

Dead - Musical Abortions

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/martha-argerich/24-preludes_-op_-28_-preludes-nr_-25_-op_-45_-nr_-26_-op_-posth_/

added!!

Fire Engines - Lubricate Your Living Room

Alright man, will do. Many thanks.

:) hope you'll like it

I have added this album to my tournament my dude

first you need to stick your head waaaaaaaaaaay up your ass then youre ready to go

you forgot everyone else's asses too

my 1990 rec would be Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - The Good Son

Count me in. Mazzy Star - So Tonight That I Might See

it's funny because you knew the exact song I was talking about

album: added
dubs: checked

If Jeff Hardy gave me milk and cookies I would be a happy man

Crimpshrine - the sound of a new world being born

added ;)

Lucio Battisti - Anima Latina

ya know WHAT?

I think I might just add that ;)

Ok my thing for the listen along is going to be the album I'm trying to get into RYM. Don't have pics of anything just the album itself
>Chrono - Last Resort
mega.nz/#!D1InUCaB!AWjOyiL5tmqL7Yghv0gpA7r_CooqI0L4UiCxyHqiCFU
Hahahaha what the fuck
I'm in
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/宇波拓、佳村萠と秋山徹次/ホンタテドリ__hontatedori_/
>Those Bleep ratings
Choke on a dick and die in a fire

thanks don't poo yerself hun ;)

best design

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/daughters/daughters/

I like your rec and your dubs. Luv you

B]

if there's not enough people i can always ask my buddy mishu that reccd biosphere in the other one

I have 15 in just an hour. I'm sure I can get 25 more by the end of the week, but thanks pal-o :3

alright, but be aware that if it's not on youtube less people will listen to it

It was Ernst Karel - Swiss Mountain Transport Systems (Rudi) vs The Residents - Meet The Residents (Shamepai).
As for Karel, same issue I had with Minor Threat - good, yes, but not my favorite kind in this genre.
The Residents are quite great, probably should listen to more of their stuff sometime.

Need recs from:
1) TBHfam (1989 album)
2) I'M FISH (1990 album)
If you don't rec until your turn is up, the spot will be assumed by those who lost in the first round with a highest score.

Current bets:
1) Terminus (Terminus, herb kid)
2) Dam's Jans (Transgod)
3) Tuco (Tuco)
4) herb kid (Rodriguez, ruggles)
5) I'M FISH (Jangle&Bojangle)
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)

hype as fuck

also just bought Heady Nuggs, that one Flaming Lips thingy released last year, will take some time to do that when it arrives

Fuckin' hell I'm up against the Good Son? Shit.

My rec is heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins

i woke up at 3pm today. feel kind of shitty.

it's interesting to me to see music assessed in such a raw form. i wrote out a giant ass review about it on rym. glad you liked a few tracks though!

OH FUCK YES NEW FISH TOURNEY
The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightning, Strike
you might dig this. it's like the books but more indie and happy.

when ween comes touring again, i'm going to make as much of an effort as i can to see them, even if it's just for that.

>assessing music of the genre you're not familiar with in any different way from the first listen
come on now

added

Curtis Mayfield - Superfly
I can dig it
it's pretty fuggen fly gotta say, might be an 8 upon revisit, I like how it's so boppy and light yet the subject matter is so fucking grim, accentuated perhaps by the images the youtube dude paired with it, y'know, people at their lowest of lows, smoking heroin, cradling an overdosed significant other, homeless, otherwise destitute or dead, the usual fun business...

Leonard Cohen - Songs From a Room
I found the Cohen release I can get behind... It's got the instrumentation of Love and Hate and actually good singing rather than this tedious drawl... The lyrics were pretty good too, but you already knew that... this one is the best out of the early three, fite me

it's 3.30 am here, might go to bed

or I could stay up like a cool dude and finish the chart, make a new one... 7 albums

no i meant in the music itself. the artist takes the tired sounds of contemporary r&b and applies it in a way that feels intimate and human, transposing it over everyday human behavior.

oh I am sorry, I got you wrong. thought by "raw form" you meant my evaluating style (which is basically true, but put in nicer words).
but yeah, you got a different, more complete perspective. I am considering doing relistens in a while (probably not in a little while) to get more from stuff I heard, cause gotta admit, first impression usually is not enough at all.

AyкцЫoн - Кaк я cтaл пpeдaтeлeм

Started listening to it when I was in the mood for some artsy punk stuff like Pere Ubu or Mekons the other day.

>TMR an 8
>Nespithe the lowest of the metal ratings except for Korn
What?

i get if you don't care enough to listen again. it's a really strange creation, and there's a lot of music in the world.

it's usually the stuff from the genres I'm not very good at that should be given relistens. I mean when I first heard Fugazi I hated it, but just recently listened to it and it's actually really good. so I don't see a reason for not relistening to your rec in a while, when the first impression vanishes

gotcha. i've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it, so i hope you do as well!

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/index_f3/the_index__aka_the_black_album_/

since that bastard rudi stole my rec
go for
Berliner Philharmonker/Martha Argerich/Claudio Abbado- Klavierkonzert Nr. 3 C-Dur/Klavierkonzert G-Dur

It was Stereolab - Transient Random-Noise Bursts With Announcements (Tuco) vs Chimurenga Renaissance - Girlz With Gunz (kyriaki).
Yeah as usual not gonna say much: first was nice and chill, second was a surprisingly good submission considering I'm not big on hip-hop. But being objective never works, so Tuco advances cause I liked his piece more.

Shamepai and Tuco need to rec a 1993 album.

Current bets:
1) Terminus (Terminus, herb kid)
2) Dam's Jans (Transgod)
3) Tuco (Tuco)
4) herb kid (Rodriguez, ruggles)
5) I'M FISH (Jangle&Bojangle)
6) Shamepai (Shamepai)
A reminder that bet made after the start of the second round is considered pre-3rd round bet, which means smaller drone in case you win blah blah who cares

Here's what I've got so far

1. Kanzler – Kent – Hagnesta Hill
2. Ricebeansandegg – Jam Handy – Hidden Bone and Hidden Gristle
3. Jimmy jazz – France 98 by Girl Band
4. ImposterTuco – Tragic Mullato – Hot Man Pussy
5. Triangle – J. B. Lenoir – Passionate Blues
6. Supercluster – Diamanda Galas – Litanies of Satan
7. Terminus – Flipper – Gone Fishin’
8. Dam’s-jans - Retards – Teenage Hate
9. Rude-y – Martha Argerich – 24 Préludes, Op. 28; Préludes Nr. 25, Op. 45; Nr. 26, Op. Posth.
10. Darklands – Fire Engines – Lubricate Your Living Room
11. Kubera – Mazzy Star – So Tonight That I Might See
12. Comet – Crimpshrine – The Sound of a New World Being Born
13. Natkingcole – Lucio Battisti – Anima Latina
14. Shampai - 宇波拓、佳村萠と秋山徹次 - ホンタテドリ
15. Herb Dad – Daugters – s/t
16. Gfr – The Go! Team – Thunder, Lightning, Strike
17. Ruggles - Berliner Philharmonker/Martha Argerich/Claudio Abbado- Klavierkonzert Nr. 3 C-Dur/Klavierkonzert G-Dur
18. Letov – Index – The Index [aka “The Black Album”]

Holla if I'm missing anyone

added

added (dubs too!)!

Mon honey- hand-painted dream photographs

Can I change mine to Siouxsie and the Banshees - Peepshow? Diamanda Galas is not that good of a meme t b h

added!!

sure, I'm actually listening to two SatB albums in the next couple days, so that should give you some guess as to how much I like them :D

**Moon honey

Unwound - Fake Train

currently salty because i finally found the perfect melody to finish my album but it sounds way too familiar and i know ive heard it somewhere

am i allowed to join
the residents - fingerprince
preferably get the version with walter westinghouse and other stuff

you missed me

>Also is this Yamir?
why does it always have to be me?

It's a meme my dude I love you

And I know the feel. One of the few songs I've ever recorded and completed I feel like I stole from somewhere and was too paranoid to ever put it out.

also added ;)

I now have half the recs after just a couple hours :D

just use it, good artists copy, great artists steal amirite

rateyourmusic.com/list/StuffRodHeardAfterAugust/rodriguezs-really-important-show-show/

round 3 results are up.
some people won't be happy.

ah good

haha

i figured out where it came from! it's a guitar part from negativland - christianity is stupid
fuck it, i already wasted almost two months trying to figure out something for it so i'll use it. not like anyone is gonna recognize it anyway

so, uh, team trash is just me and jimmy now. thats just beautiful
i'll let him now so that we can clutch our way to victory as the /daily/ duo

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

COMMUNISM IS GOOD
GIVE UP
GIVE UP
it was a weird pick dude. sry.

BLOC BOIS WE UP IN IT
WE CAN DO IT

Nice. You should look at more reggae sometime since you liked The Upsetters. Your review was pretty accurate, it is pretty samey, I'm sure you'd like some other records more.

What's the next round gonna be?