Does Sup Forums like cassettes?

does Sup Forums like cassettes?

Other urls found in this thread:

ojcrecordings.bandcamp.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I like all the hip hop cassette labels that are around at the moment, but if I already own an album, mhtrtc for example, I won't buy it on tape

collecting cassettes is the poor man's version of collecting vinyl

if i heard someone say they collect cassettes I would physically assault them

Same lmao

where

I only collect cassettes that never saw a vinyl or CD release.

I have a few, but mostly for my car since it doesn't have a CD player.

No, but I like the layout of that cover better than the CD version

Not even counting the homemade ones, I have hundreds of cassettes, maybe thousands. Almost all of them are from the era when cassettes were the only portable music medium, but I got most of them super cheap in the late '90s and early to mid '00s when nobody cared about cassettes due to CDs and mp3s. Cassettes were so cheap in music store used bins that as someone who usually downloaded albums on soulseek and only bought my very favorites on CD, I would buy huge amounts of cassettes of all these albums ranging from classics I was well aware of, to shadowy albums with cool cover art that I'd only vaguely heard about but seemed promising, to some stuff I had no idea what it was. My greatest "haul" ever, at least with regard to my then-preferred alternative music tastes, was buying cassettes of Spirit of Eden, Dubnobasswithmyheadman and Chapterhouse's pretty rare Whirlpool (three albums I had not heard yet, had barely even heard about, and was blown away by in each case) for a combined 50 cents or something, AND I got a vinyl of REM's Chronic Town EP (my fav release of theirs actually, and I believe quite rare) for $10-15 or something.

I'm not even Canadian and I even have a Tragically Hip cassette in my collection just because any band I'd vaguely heard of, if I liked the cover art, album title and/or song title, I figured a cassette would be an ideal way to try it out, saving me the time of having to download. (Tragically Hip mostly have horrible cover art and Road Apples is not much of an exception but it wasn't offensively awful and I liked the album title and song titles.) I had a walkman and it fit in my pocket, and didn't yet have an ipod so it was convenient, plus my car only played cassettes at the time too.

Later on I switched to ipod and iphone for portable listening and my cassettes are not in regular use anymore, but I did start following some musicians who were doing cassette only releases, so I got a few of those.

And my red cassette of Art Angels!

vinyl is shit you fucking hipster nu-male
I hope you choke on your decaf cappuccino

That picture is actively sickening

don't ever go to a punk show senpai

We all know you wouldn't do shit

Some of the music I listen to is released only on cassette, so yeah.

A lot of obscure techno and outsider house is on cassette.

actually collecting any media makes you a hipster nu-male

hmmmm

can someone tell me where I could print out replacement j cards? Also how to to record mp3 to cassette properly? Pic related is the cassette recorder I use and just plug the aux cord into the mic and the other end into my phones headphone jack.

>hip hop cassette labels
Could you name as many good ones as you can, man?
I find it hard to seek out cassette labels online. Too much stuff.

Vinyl (For Old Albums) = Digital (For Modern Albums) > Digital (for Old Albums) > CD = Vinyl (for New Albums) > Cassete

Cassettes are great for experimental music. Perfect for an artist to put out a small run of physical releases for cheap .

Example: ojcrecordings.bandcamp.com/

However, I will not support major labels putting out $10+ cassettes, especially for albums with hi fi production or no analog feel.

Now, the real question is, what's a good cassette player?

Am I retarded? Because I have no idea what this post is trying to say

>shitty quality
>degrades over time
>inconvenient to play
>bad cover art

this shit is worse than vinyl honestly

ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES

This is a great opinion.

>>inconvenient to play

what

most cars don't have tape decks anymore and even a lot of stereos don't

>>bad cover art
This just doesn't make sense

Not really. I collect CDs and Records

Yes I have many fine cassettes and my room in the basement crawl space smells of rich plastic