About to listen to this for the first time. For those of you who've listened to it/ love it...

About to listen to this for the first time. For those of you who've listened to it/ love it, why is it such a good album? What mindset do I need to be in before I listen to this?

I really want to love it but many melancholic acoustic albums have bored me

Great songs, great guitar work, great tunings, great voice, great recording and mixing. Just a really nice album that makes you feel good. Super comfy.

just fucking listen to it you idiot
it will put you in a mindset that it puts you in
it's an amazing album, the masterpiece of his career and since he actually killed himself the themes of depression and isolation carry a lot of weight
it's incredibly well written and - fuck you, just listen to it

>makes you feel good
it makes me want to kill myself

can confirm

killing my self at the moment

>many melancholic acoustic albums have bored me
it's the quintessential melancholic acoustic album, it will bore you

don't want to be a contrarian but this album bored me. perhaps i should try listening to it again..

don't have it with other melancholic acoustic albums (eg. carrie & lowell is great)

It's boring as fuck. Pretentious too.

OP here

Was a little boring. 7/10

2deep4u op
try being a little more depressed

That's what I thought first listen. Try it again, but be in a more relaxing and chill mood

I don't think that's the problem (taking zoloft atm)

stop taking meds pleb. Don't you want to understand the album?

Will going back into a deep depression be worth the experience senpai?

>don't want to be a contrarian but this album bored me. perhaps i should try listening to it again..

This

He's certianly one of the people who pioneered the aesthetic of modern singer-songwriters, so if you enjoy that in general than you'll probably enjoy it as a hallmark, if not it'll probably bore you. It's a collection of short, pretty acoustic music from someone with a talent for songwriting and a unique voice. If you like history flavoring your opinion of it's tone, it was recorded after he found himself falling into crippling depression, moving back in with his patents and completely incapable of doing the things his label wanted him to do to support his previous albums, and right before he accidentally overdoses on antidepressants.

How the fuck is it pretentious? I swear to god, this is just what retards say so that they don't have to make actual points. You're on Sup Forums, retard, nearly everything that is talked about on here would be called pretentious by normies. Go back to listening to The White Stripes if you find something as simple and honest as this either pretentious or boring

I mean, it is mostly looked to because it serves as a token of what sincerity from a humble man in a bad circumstance sounds like, so maybe the album being discussed like that is pretentious? But the music certainly isn't.

I just like how mellow and tame it is and it still manages to be interesting and evoke certain emotions... if that makes any sense.

I've never understood why some people call it insanecore.

See

just play the album, guy

If you need a guide on how to listen to an album something has gone terribly wrong

Bait?

Shut the fuck up