I Wanna Be Adored is literally not even top 5

here's top 6 in order

Fools gold
Bye Bye Bad Man
She Bangs The Drums
Waterfall
Don't stop
I Wanna Be Adored

american alternative rock is one of the worst genres I can think of, you only have complete shit like Linkin Park and Nickeblack which is only there to sell as many albums as possible

kek saved

Bez is a fuckin ledge

I meant the loose unbrella of "alternative rock" that includes various indelendent/DIY and/or punk-influenced sub-genres, not the meaningless radio category "alternative rock" that is used for any and every modern major label band

utter fuckin mongoloid

*umbrella
**independent

What's not to get about living a life of camp and aimless posturing to subvert any kind of sincere expression while you decend into being a grumpy old man? This is Sup Forums

literally one of the most popular classic indie albums, even in the US
even normie americans know the smiths

t. american

The Stone Roses didn't affect american pop music anywhere close to how it affected UK airwaves, the whole grunge fixation filled that hole in the 90s
Yeaman how'd you know :^)

This is my album of the decade for the 80's

Fuck off p4k drone

That albums is garbage anyway

>grunge is good

grunge doesn't stand a chance in comparison to brittish albums from the late 80s and 90s

Tell me when you heard Blur or Oasis constantly talked about and played on the radio in the 90s other than a few token plays of "Champagne Supernova" once every day or so, and think about the billions of times you hear "Black Hole Sun" or "Creep" by Stone Temple Pilots still being circulated today. I'm not talking about hipsters that read NME and Pitchfork as a hobby, I'm talking about popular culture mass consumption and it was totally different.

>even normie americans know the smiths
I didn't say they know the smiths just that they don't get the British references and experiences referenced in the lyrics

They're Americans though?

But it literally had like the 3 or so Lbiggest singles of 2005 or whatever on the left side of the pond. The album was just shit and contained other filler songs NO ONE wanted to listen to

It's actually a decent compilation album

The lyrics to many Smiths songs are definitely something I have to research as an American that would immediately hit me if I were Brittish, like "Headmaster's Rutual", or any soon about "football"

Are you serious? sure Blur was never that big outside the UK but Oasis were huge, they were for sure the biggest band in europe for a few years in the mid 90s. What's The Story was topping the charts all over europe and sold out live shows everywhere they went in huge stadiums.

Oasis and Nirvana pretty much sold the same amount of copies with their first three albums so I think it's safe to say that Oasis overtook Nirvana's place as the biggest band in the world after Kurt died.

>implying knowing of them means understanding them

you will never get the smiths, fuck off

shit mon a need mur fukkin welfare innit the album

How is that relevant to my argument that the influence of Britpop was totally different in the US and UK? Of course Oasis were the biggest thing in Europe. I guess I should have specified that I was talking about the tropes of American radio.

It's like pic related. Almost everyone in the world knows who David Bowie is but try to find a person who doesn't actively look for older pop music outside of the UK who has any idea of who T Rex is, other than maybe recognizing "Bang a Gong" if you play it for them

I don't understand it so it must be anti-channel 4 benefit street propaganda
The post.

I don't understand economics so I won't cut spending

I want to benefit the wealthy so I wont clamp down on tax avoidance/evasion

How will you impose British law if you change it on businesses working outside Britain owned by people outside Britain

Any bleeps after 1990

I can tell you're middle class and have no idea what life is like for the working classes :^)

Not an arguement answer my question

on some days I think the jangly outro bit to bye bye batman :^) is the best thing ever written

not gonna bother wasting my friday night desu

Probably the reason your side always loses referendums if you are that lazy

but you're already here

Do you unironically support Jeremy Corbyn or what?

??

I'm American and Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, and Primal Scream are some of my favorite bands...

But ok.

save bait like this for the cringe threads

:( it isn't bait

I even have albums from each of those bands on vinyl

one of the happy mondays ones even has a naked lady on the inside of the sleeve

dude.... no... just stop plz

I WANNA BE A DOOR

post your own list then

anything by sleaford mods

and I guess you'll never "get" any musical act that comes out of america

Fucking idiot

git out