Is there any reason why Leicester wouldn't throw money at Mahrez to stay?

Is there any reason why Leicester wouldn't throw money at Mahrez to stay?

they can't afford it maybe.

They'll get a big wodge of cash this year but unless they keep it up it'll be a one off, offering players big money is expensive as hell.

their owner is worth $3+billion

>Is there any reason why Leicester wouldn't throw money at Mahrez to stay?
No, there is none.

However, there are many reasons why Mahrez might reject it and seek a move.

Do you know what happened to Leeds? Exactly.

maybe he just had a flash in the pan season. sell while they can still get 50 million for him

Marz in lesTa is like torres in liverpool. leave and will only be a bit pa player earn big money .

someone throws more money at them for him not to stay

So? There are a lot of EPL clubs with billionaire owners, it doesn't mean much unless they're ready to sink a billion in the club over the next 5-7 years.

And 2 of those clubs are getting relegated by the way.

3 billion isn't enough to throw millions around

their owner literally said he wants to spend £180m to get champions league footy

and he got it with £27m the absolute madman

This is a likely scenario.

Leeds were running up huge salaries and relying on Champions League revenue which led to serious financial issues when they missed out.

Leicester is in a different situation, they currently have super-low salaries and their revenue is going to explode thanks to the new Premier League TV deal. They will likely be a top 10 football club in the world in terms of income next season, between Premier League and Champions League money.

He hasn't spent £1 of his own money since he bought the club. He is treating it like a business and sucking up profits. The PL win is worth £150 million and the club has already announced that they are continuing the policy of cheap signings.

Where do you think the money is going?

Like all owners, he says he will spend big to build a big team. He hasn't spent shit, but he got his lucky one off success.

Why spend big anyway? He would have to pay way more for a big player to move to that club that, since it isn't a traditional big club. I would take all that cash and start investing it into amazing facilities and scouting teams to go find good, young players.

The owner cleared about 100 million pounds of debt, he's willing to spend big.

They have to spend big because they're so far behind the elite clubs.

Leicester are essentially a 14 man team. Their usual starting XI + Ulloa, King and Schlupp. No one else played any meaningful minutes. If you look at other champions they regularly play 21-24 players. So Leicester are roughly 7-10 good players behind the elite. And they're going to need that depth because this season they had no European competition and tanked the cups at the first opportunity along with having an unsustainably good injury record.

They have to spend because you can't consistently rely on the scouting department to find great players for less than 3m. Wenger thought he could just sign a bunch of no names and turn them into next Henrys, Vieiras and Ashley Coles and look how that turned out.

Do you really believe other teams don't try that strategy? Your team got lucky once. It simply will not happen again.

You realize the Dutch, French and Portuguese leagues are mostly kept afloat by massive scouting networks finding potential stars, developing rhem, and selling them for a profit. Leicester is not going to outcompete those teams/leagues.

You don't have to spend a billion like Chelsea and City, but you have to buy or get relegated. Your team is old, very old, and outperformed this year.

>Has great chemistry in his current club
>everyone is friends
>business is good
>literally won the Premier League
>guaranteed to be the Star player in pot 1 Champions League
>Ranieri and owners already said they'd renegotiate contracts with huge salary boost

Why the fuck would he leave to rot on a bench or with some meme manager that won't play him right?

Not my team bro just think they would have to over pay for big names along with bigger wages right? I may be wrong. Teach me senpai.

I see. I guess they will be playing more games now so they need more.

>not going to outcompete the French leagues

Mahrez and Kante were literally rejected by OL, OM, and Real Madrid

He is a shitskin and Leicester has too many shitskins.

>be mahrez
>Vardy: We can kill everyone in Europe, my sandnigger friend!
>Drinkwater: Who will remind you to drink water?
>Simpson: Who will remind you to beat your girlfriend?
>Okazaki: (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
>Morgan: Ja makin me crazy!
>Ranieri: badabeep badaboop
>Huth: Huth.

Who the fuck would want to leave that?

>Okazaki: (~ ̄▽ ̄)~
I laughed.

This is their chance to cash in

>Huth: Huth

brilliant

>cash in
>all that TV money
>all that prem winning money
>implying they would cash in one of if not their best player for pennies in comparison

yeah no, he's staying unless he really wants to be a bench warmer

Great post

i'm so proud of my nation

id throw money at whoever built the team

>He hasn't spent £1 of his own money since he bought the club.

Then how did he manage to clear 100 million pounds of debt and spend 150 million on player transfers over the last few years?

Is this what passes for humour on spee nowadays ? Didn't even crack a curl in my mouth

Clearing debt is usually a part of the sale contract and Leicester's net transfer spend under him is 60m over 6 years

upvoted

It is so important to have a deep squad, even if you're just contesting the premier league. Its great that leicester won, but lets face it, they got so, so, so lucky. No injuries. Everything went their way. Never once in the season did I ever feel like they were actually a EPL winning team, just because of the way they played and relied on a handful of players to pull through. Perennial winners don't do that. Arsenal sucked this season, but are still hovering in 3rd place. Same with the spuds. Both these teams have deep squads so they can afford to have slip ups. But for leicester, it could go so wrong. I'm glad it didn't. But to win an EPL trophy, and have an owner pocketing the cash, well thats just selfish. And leiceister will flounder next season unless money is thrown around.

see:

>Huth: Huth.
Huth would probably have some great banter to say.

straight outta reddit: the post

>>reddit