David Allan Coe

youtube.com/watch?v=UJzp4ljVDi0

>In 1990 his contract with Columbia Records came to and end, and after a bitter divorce and troubles with the IRS, Coe’s Key West home was seized and he was thrown out on the street. With no place to go, David Alan Coe lived in a cave for several months in Tennessee

Can we have a thread about the most based man to ever walk through Nashville?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X2z7_JBgecE
youtube.com/watch?v=n2qXPKGmwAs
savingcountrymusic.com/10-badass-david-allan-coe-moments-75th-birthday-special/
youtube.com/watch?v=OhEHB0a7Uyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Eventually, at the age of 20, Coe began a series of prison terms in the Ohio State Penitentiary. During one of these, he killed a fellow inmate who made homosexual advances towards him. Despite a possible self-defense motive in the incident, Coe was sentenced to death.

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

wow never knew this, fuckin awesome

sad no replies

>Star of David

Is he a Jew? His songs always had a bit of a cuckold vibe to them, especially "nigger fucker".

the most non jew red pilled singer ever

Based as fuck.

I saw him a year ago while he was wearing a wig and sitting on a stool the whole show and he was still raw as fuck

Damn, he's still kicking?

You got any other country recs? All I've really enjoyed is Coe and Henry Flynt.

The story about the gay inmate is fake.

Yeah hes just got busted by the IRS and narrowed missed jail, so he has to still play shows to live. I mean you cant hurt yourself by trying some Waylon Jennings, Johnny Paycheck, Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, and Willie.

Johnny Paycheck is my faavorite of those few, because after he got famous he shot a guy in the head with a 22 (in self defense of course) , and then got pardoned by the governor because the governor got so many fan letters

Ive always wondered about that, do you have proof that its fake?

Technically no but there's also no proof that it actually happened, other than Coe's word of course.

Oh well, considering all the other crazy shit about his life Id like to believe thats true

POST MORE WASTED DAC AND WILLIE

youtube.com/watch?v=X2z7_JBgecE

There'd be at least one witness or document about it, wouldn't you think?

Yeah true, but its also a really long time ago. I havent seen anyone contradict it either

youtube.com/watch?v=n2qXPKGmwAs

Pre-southern rock

savingcountrymusic.com/10-badass-david-allan-coe-moments-75th-birthday-special/
>Killed A Man In Prison / Served Time on Death Row – This has been one of Coe’s most contentious claims; sworn to be true by him, but refuted by journalists, penitentiary workers, and legal experts. According to Coe, while in prison a man tried to rape him, so Coe killed him in self-defense. When a story in Rolling Stone in the 70’s refuted Coe’s claims, he wrote a song in response called, “I’d Like To Kick The Shit Out Of You.”
Admittedly not that great of a source but still, if a list talking about how badass Coe is says he probably didn't do it...I'd say he didn't do it.

Yankee fucking shits ignoring this based god

Maybe, still the confirmed things about him even are crazy

Nothing in that article refutes anything explicitly

No, but again there's literally nothing other than Coe's own statements that provide any evidence of it happening. Coe has the burden of proof in this case and he's dropped the ball.

True, but I feel like something like that happening in the 60s would be hard to verify anyways

Doesnt take away from his musical genius

youtube.com/watch?v=OhEHB0a7Uyg

WORKING LIKE A (hard working african-american) FOR MY ROOM AND BOARD

>Henry Flynt

That fucker is beyond strange, I do like Back Porch Hillbilly blues Vol. 1 tho.. Merle Haggard and Hank Williams are my favorite.. Carter Family is pretty good to.. maybe Tammy Wynette to.

Hank Williams 3 is good too is you can sort through his shit

Thanks, lad. Cheers.
Unconventional, definitely. Fantastic guitarist and songwriter.