/Sino/

"China will take a tit-for-tat approach then," the editorial reads. "A batch of Boeing orders will be replaced by Airbus. US auto and iPhone sales in China will suffer a setback, and US soybean and maize imports will be halted. China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the US."

Other urls found in this thread:

elisa.fi/kauppa/#!/puhelimet/OnePlus-3-64-Gt
focus.de/finanzen/news/enercon-spione-im-wind_aid_162267.html
zeit.de/wirtschaft/2013-07/wirtschaftsspionage-nsa-usa-deutschland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They export 3x as much to us as we do to them, go ahead.

Well it's tough really. They are hitting brand stuff and that's all that America is left with. Reg angry white guy elected Trump to bring jobs or factories from China and it begs a question - what factories? All those facilities were built by communities, people, local governments. They payed taxes for infrastructure, healthcare, pensions, a lot of shit. Then they went ahead and built those factories. They belong to those competitive ecosystems and they can suffer a lot of hits I guess. Scary thing is that China might be hitting brand and high value market that is super fucking weak actually. while letting regulars take a blow. Economy will suffer badly, but those ecosystem will recover anyway. While China might take down Americas last strength. That is high value market. Angry white fagget won't pay taxes for all that is needed for even Korea kind of economy, let alone China or Japan.

Aren't you missing a link in there friend?

>China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the US.
Wish this would have happened while I was in school.

i think in reality trump will not do anything

he is all the talk and none of the meaning

he is a weak man

look at how he responds to the laws in the usa already

nothing will change

RARE FLAG

Republicans will just control him and everything around him. Mike Pence will be the real president.

Keeping my expectations low and expecting this.
That being said, I hope I'm suprised.

you talk like Jorge

Jorge, are you in China?

>China stops exporting their shit to the US
>US forced to open production back up to replace the losses, or goes elsewhere for cheap labor.
>Chinese economy suffers from lack of exports
Isn't the tit-for-tat approach an isolationist policy that typically hurts the economies of large countries?

More like he just has no idea what he's gotten himself into, and will depend on his aides and Congressional Republicans for guidance. So things will change from the way Obama did things a little bit, but he'll just end up being another George W. Bush.

>While China might take down Americas last strength. That is high value market
They won't.

t. Lehman Brothers CEO.

Won't what?

>just ignore 2008

Refuse to buy Boeing jets for their 600 mill aero transportation market, kick GM, Ford out of largest car market in the world, magically go down from 22 million cars a year to 3 million etc

>Refuse to buy Boeing jets for their 600 mill aero transportation market
Wait, aren't they conducting mass industrial espionage on those?

I think that would affect China more negatively than the US or Europe because they would revert to Third World living standards. Let's be honest, chinks can't create jack all in the way of domestic products.

So? Did they build 747 clone? Conventional business trumps anyway.

Did Europe or Japan/Korea/Taiwan/Malaysia elect Donald Trump? Let's not generalize here, pls. I don't think they can't, I'm sure their hardliners are dying for a situation where they would have to.

>I think that would affect China more negatively than the US or Europe because they would revert to Third World living standards. Let's be honest, chinks can't create jack all in the way of domestic products.

ANY DAY NOW

Zhang plz.

Why are chinese women so superior?

>China myth #12

Just about all manufactured wares made by indigenous Chinese companies are either for domestic consumption or export to Third World countries.

Wow, I guess that's why I can buy Xiaomi, One Plus One and Huawei phones in Finland, because we're 3rd world.

elisa.fi/kauppa/#!/puhelimet/OnePlus-3-64-Gt

I don't care for Apple man, I use an Xperia phone, my gaming rig is an Asus, I like Korean MMOs, etc. Really when you think America it quite isn't brands like Mont Blanc or Rolex, "Trump" certainly doesn't have the same associations for high end. I like Adidas better than Nike, anything from handcrafted artisanal to luxury I can barely think of any American brands I still prefer, maybe Levi's or Converse and I can certainly do without those, everything electrodomestic I can buy Mexican. Cars, we make plenty of German and Japanese branded.

Seriously the only reason I'd actually find it difficult to boycott American brands and American made is fucking grocery shopping, that's it other than fast food and media. And believe it or not my country is one of the largest export markets for American products. we are number 2 after Canada and twice as big as China which is number 3, we get everything you can buy in the US and yet tbqh most I could do without, and these days I do feel strongly about going out of my way not to buy American.

Americans genuinely don't give a fuck what the largest buyers of their exports think about them and their country. I don't know how strongly Canada will side us with the whole re-negotiating NAFTA bit but as much as a blow as it would be for us we might be better off than tied to a dying, rotten corpse.

You know they're spying on you if buy their phones right?

Benis

good thread

where do i post if i'm learning mandarin but don't care about china

Sure, if you want to buy pieces of shit for poor people.

>US soybean and maize imports will be halted.
Dog bless
I can smell a new boom on the soy demand

>China can also limit the number of Chinese students studying in the US
Oh god please

Chinese spying >>> American spying

>shit for poor people

Those would be iPhones.

a trade war hurts everyone, so I'm against it. To pretend that it doesn't hurt major exporters way more is idiotic though.

Despite the US's large economy and key role in securing sea lanes since WWII, we never really committed ourselves to international trade. As a percentage of GDP, imports/exports for the US are very small compared to most nations (especially major exporters like Germany and China). Even then, most of the imports/exports are with Canada and Mexico; that is to say, a nearly domestic affair.

Okay Zhang. At least american spys with the intention of rooting out terrorism.

ni hao

>implying

focus.de/finanzen/news/enercon-spione-im-wind_aid_162267.html

zeit.de/wirtschaft/2013-07/wirtschaftsspionage-nsa-usa-deutschland

basically, NSA used their assets to gain german technology, especially new types of wind power generators.

USA on suicide watch.

你好

USA has more leverage than China because China is the top exporter in the world while the US is the top importer. The american consumer is basically propping up the global economy.

If the US puts up high tariffs on China, expect the Chinese economy to take a massive economic hit that will lead to millions of lost jobs and much reduced economic growth.

but who was talking about mexicaca

delete your post right now

Nailed it on the head. Protectionism is the best way to the local economy.

The rust belt is going through hell because of globalism.

What's some essential bilibili viewing?

Let's be honest, at the moment the Chinese economy cannot even compare to the US economy.

The US is the innovative center of the world. All the best new ideas come out of America. As soon as the ideas come out, the chinks start running their photocopiers.

Cars, iphones, mobile apps, software, military technology, entertainment, education, America makes and innovates the best of everything. Chinks aren't even on the same playing field.

kys cock sucker

Whatever the fuck could we do back before we went full globalist and sold out our average man

ah, that's right, extremely fast growing prosperous economy and empowered middle class Americans all around

>Protectionism is the best way to the local economy.
lmao, go back to Sup Forums. it's not the 40s anymore. thinking you can stop globalism with a bunch of tariffs is completely retarded.

they'll never have their jobs back. they're gone, they don't exist anymore. even if for some miracle they could bring factories back to the US, they would be almost completely automated. who voted for trump thinking he would bring them back is an idiot.
also today on some site americans were talking about making iphones and more cars in the US. they obviously don't understand that it's not as easy as propping up a factory. they don't have the massive web of infrastructures that support chinese factories. it will take decades to rebuild everything. if americans really want to try some shit with china the only result will be that a tv will cost 2000 dollar instead of 800.

>Cars, iphones, mobile apps, entertainment, education
>innovates the best of everything

on the scale of 0 to american, how retarded are you?

Slap tariff on chinese import, china get hit, manufacturing move to other countries, rust belt stays cucked

slap tariff on every other country, world starts playing european/east asian rules, rust belt stay cucked, California might as well quit the union since their export gets hit by retaliation

You Murrifats and Europoors have no idea how much money the Chinese actually have, and have made off you and unfair trade deals because the West are a bunch of pussies.

There are so many millionaires, billionaires in China it's fucking ridiculous. And the middle class is rising rapidly.

You can see guys everywhere driving Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Mercedes, Audi, BMW, etc. Not just in Shanghai, but even backwater shitholes like Chengdu or Changsha.

They got ALL of this money at YOUR expense. They took it away from YOU. Meanwhile the average Amerifat and European is struggling to survive.

Trump being elected and taking back this money will only be a good thing. Trump needs to make China poor again.

Fuck off convict. America will slap a 35% tariff on every single developing country that steals a single american job. All the factories will move back to America. Better, stronger, more advanced.

>They got ALL of this money at YOUR expense. They took it away from YOU. Meanwhile the average Amerifat and European is struggling to survive.
Capitalism is not a zero sum game. Most trade is mutually beneficial. The only way China is stealing from us is IP theft. Also, were not struggling to survive thank you very much. Our poor still live better than 99% of the world. Our poor struggle with obesity, not hunger, ffs.

stay delusional cletus, jobs aint coming back, at best trump may convince china to lower customs taxes on us goods, but it's either illegals or automation, no jobs for your entitled ass

A trade war will only delay China's rise, with no short or long-term benefits for the US. Also, the rest of the world would suffer along from the disruptions if it were to happen, and credibility of Americans would take a huge dip for invalidating trade agreements. Don't be a nationalistic dummy like

Go to bed, Jim Rogers.

This, children, is the mindset that lost Hillary the election.

Go to bed, Zhang, Chang and Ping Pong.

Go back to r/china.

Go back to r/asianmasculinity

No, that's just truth.
The mindset that lots Hillary the election is "If you don't immediately want to vote for our shitty candidate over another shitty candidate and if you don't refer to everyone by their preferred spirit animal you're a despicable racist and theres no point trying to convince you about any actual policies"

How would a trade war even work with a country like China which owns so many companies around the West? Would they target China as a whole and leave those corporations unaffected?

oh the horror, someone please save us from this terrible turn of events

The mindset that lost Hillary the election was this liberal elitist crapping on people who work for a living. No, you're all just stupid toothless Confederate flag waving hicks. You're not as enlightened as Beyonce or Lena Dunham.

No, you obviously don't understand. Argentina has been applying protectionism on and off for the last 100 years, and look at us! Literally number 1

>they would be almost completely automated
This is the biggest meme of all.

>tfw all the Chinese international students go home

This.

What makes retards think there will industrial jobs? There will never be low-pay production jobs in the US. Simply because investing in machinery and hiring a few machine/process operators is cheaper than hiring hundreds of production workers.

Use your fucking head.

I'm not saying that Trump is a bad candidate though. He did talk bullshit though, but that's every candidate for you.

No it's not, I work as a process operator in a automated American-Dutch factory.

read this

>A trade war will only delay China's rise

China cannot become a global superpower for a whole bunch of reasons including the lack of allies, lack of a language that's easy to speak and write, having a totalitarian government, having no exportable culture, a mindset that discourages innovation and individuality, etc.

>chinks work their ass off on sweatshops
>virtually no minimum wage or unions
>the chinese government devaluates its currency everyonce in a while
>makes it difficult for them to import stuff from the rest of the world, but makes it cheaper for everybody else to buy chinese shit

Unless the US gets rid of virtually every worker right, American companies will lose money by using American workforce

That was debunked on a Sup Forums thread I was in earlier today. It's a meme because machines [spoiler]still require people to design, build, operate, and maintain them.[/spoiler]

>people on Sup Forums
>employment
>life
Good one.

>the fuckers who pay a fuck load of money to go to literal last choice schools
I beg of you. the dumb fuckers eat crows, you can keep them.

By rise I meant economic power, not superpower.

I can timestamp tomorrow night, because I will have a nightshift

But automation has to create less jobs than it takes away because automation only happens when it is cheaper than human labor. So like instead of 200 factory workers, you have 10 various people who are employed to maintain the machines.

Again, the language and mindset of the country work against it. Chinese have always valued having an orderly, harmonious society rather than the Western idea of competitiveness and oneupmanship.

It doesn't. Were that true, there would not be any need of chink sweatshop labor as a machine would just sew all those Barbie dolls.

>Meanwhile the average Amerifat and European is struggling to survive.

If not being able to buy the newest smartphone every year and not going on holiday twice a year counts as struggling to survive.

But the chinks devalue their currency and subsidize a lot of things in order to make that labor cheaper than automation.

The labour in China is cheaper than automation, that's why mass manual labour still works there.

>you have 10 various people who are employed to maintain the machines

And many more to design, produce and operate them.

Are you suggesting China's economic growth will hit a glass ceiling because of confucian values? China threw all that away during their cultural revolution, which is why they're so uncivilized and materialistic. They'll use any underhanded tactics to catch up.

Very well then, he agrees with me about automation being a meme. :^)

Actually Mao's ideas of continuous revolutionary upheaval were more alien to China than anything which was why after he died, they quickly returned to a kind of neo-Confucianism.

China can devalue its currency and not pay any minimum wage
The US can't

yeah, while we're at it, better ditch all the factory farming machiens, surely cletus and his cousins will make american agriculture industry great again

But not every factory needs to design/build/maintain their own machines. You just buy them with a maintain contract
I'm in a job close to it. My company builds and designs machines. My job is to maintain them, we have several hundred machines spread over the globe, a group of 30 men is enough to maintain them.
My company has 150 people in employment in total, so not really big.

It only doesn't work in places with extremely low labour costs. Here automation is a thing because we have a high labour costs, higher than the cost of machines.

No he doesn't you retard

He says that it is cheaper to produce in China. That is the face of western capitalism, produce as cheap as possible and sell at the maximum possible price.

You cannot industrialise America, it's not going to re-employ all the people that lost their jobs. A small part of them rather and then again those people are probably not educated in PCS/DCS or whatever system that will be used.

Face reality, Donald Trump is a good candidate better than Hillary, but he fucking lied and was talking bullshit.

Trump's stance on China should be really interesting. From what he is doing with Russia, assuming he follows that model in Asia, he'll abandon Obama's pivot to the Pacific. Playing ball with China in that game will go a long ways.

Thank you

If that's true, why do Western European companies like the factory you work in hire cheap slave labor from Ukraine and Romania? (^:

The investment is high and not all companies want it, yet. Doesn't mean automation is a meme or that is isn't the future.
But look at car manufactures, a lot of work is already taken over by machines.

Very good. He again admits automation is a meme and his company in Rotterdam pays Ukrainians sub-minimum wage.

We're done. Nothing to see here, people.

Three wrongs in one sentence, great work Cletus.