Avalanches Essential Mix

Avalanches Essential Mix streaming on BBC right now

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07pd5sc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EmwhJS2i7uk
discogs.com/artist/4819-Lemon-Jelly
swamptowers.blogspot.com/search/label/Lemon Jelly
reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/2zj33i/24_and_counting_of_the_avalanches_mixtapes_live/
soundcloud.com/user-357785465/the-avalanches-essential-mix-bbc-radio-1-82716
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

what is this

tips fedorrah

Thanks for the link.

The Avalanches DJing live right now on BBC radio 1

Cheers. It's fucking god tier. This James Brown song is amazing.

Fuck this is good

Weirdly this sounds a lot like their first album. Sample clearances might have been the Achilles heel on that new one.

Really need this stuff on record ;_;

Their mixes have always been better than their albums. They can do anything without sample clearance woes.

Sample clearances are cancer. I know they serve a purpose, but they're still a pain in the arse.

Post yfw when listening to this right now

kek

This is god tier

This thread needs more traction.

Are there any other groups comparable to The Avalanches?
>inb4 DJ Shadow

Lemon Jelly Breezeblock set ('01 and '02)

Thanks. Be good if these guys made albums, or mashup tapes.

COME ON BABY LIGHT MY FIRE

inb4 j dilla

This Light my Fire cover is GOD TIER

Literally cumming in my pants

mfw

dilla sampled that on something. someone fill me in on that.

I need more music like this. To actually listen to and download.

Recs please!

>albums
discogs.com/artist/4819-Lemon-Jelly
>mixtapes
swamptowers.blogspot.com/search/label/Lemon Jelly

fuck off pete tong

It's on Donuts, just called Light My Fire

Light my Fire by the Doors I think

Thanks mate. Really appreciate it.

Avalanches mixtapes, live sets, and DJ sets dump
reddit.com/r/theavalanches/comments/2zj33i/24_and_counting_of_the_avalanches_mixtapes_live/

Thanks a lot.

>pic related

ranked:
1. big tent set
2. breezeblock
3. some people
4. soca sirens brains
5. cornerstone mix
6. primavera

Have you guys ever listened to "Jive Bunny And The Mastermixers? My parents played this shit when I was a kid.

1. some people
2. big tent
3. soca sirens brains
4. Mix Up Triple J (30.11.02)
5. Cornerstone or breezeblock, I get them confused
6. Sleepy Bedtime mix

Honorable mention: Yoga Mind Meld Zombie Relaxation Tape (backwards)

Cornerstone has Cool Cool Water in the beginning and ends with Jackson 5/SILY mix

Breezeblock is a whole different animal, so good, probably their best mix

In pic related, who is on James' shirt? (far right) is it Nina Simone?

>this fucking song
Hnnnnngghh

SING
SING
SING
SING

Who /comfy/ here

skipped back to the start and so far heard ratatat, a larry levan remix, and grateful dead

p. good

>"Hyrdrogen and helium".

This is gold.

into edan

>"Comfortably Numb"
?

v comfy

why do they broadcast this show at 4 in the morning in UK?

I wish I was high right now.

I wish I was high right now

What the fuck, are we seperate people or did the post get posted twice?

Who the fuck knows.

It's 1:57PM here in Australia so I'm not phased.

We are seperate people. That's fucking weird as hell. Posts are literally 1 second apart.

Hahahahah what? This is the weirdest thing that has happened to me on this site.

Yeah I thought my own post duplicated for some reason. Never seen it happen before, at least I know it wasn't me.

this is hilarious. you guys should split a bag.

I'm so high, you're so high
If I take another sip, then I just might die.

ahhh :^)

If only.

>chandra

I'm really really glad they've kept the host's interruptions to a minimum. It can potentially ruin a set.

there he is again right after pete shuts up the first time

this is some weird shit

was this song also from primavera?

I heard it through the grapevine by the Slits yes

damn, missed most of it. Any chance it'll be uploaded somewhere later?

>mfw there are only 7 unique posters itt
>guess Sup Forums only has 7 fans of the avalanches

Most definitely

ok well 8 now
ill post link

THE WOZARD

missed it anyone havea dl?

How do you download this mix?

M I D G E T. C I T Y.

uploading.... stay tuned

Bless you

GET AVALANCHE ROCK
GET AVALANCHE ROCK
GET AVALANCHE ROCK
GET AVALANCHE ROCK
GET AVALANCHE ROCK
soundcloud.com/user-357785465/the-avalanches-essential-mix-bbc-radio-1-82716

FLAC will be up tomorrow; slow upload speed. If thread is locked you can find it on the subreddit

Yo, this is really good stuff. Not like SILY, reminiscent of Wildflower, but injected more with swing, soul, and jazz.

This is just a bunch of old songs spliced together with nothing new or interesting being added. As an Avalanches fan, I'm pretty disappointed.

>them kazoos

Ive seen this type of shit happen before, congrats you weirdos.

What did you think a mix was?