The Residents appreciation thread

The Residents appreciation thread

i appreciate them

I really appreciate The Rasidents

Whats your dudes favorite albums?

Mine are Eskimo and Not Available, and Title In Limbo is a hidden jem.

I guess Meet The Residents, The Third Reich And Roll, and Shadowland.

Oh I guess duck stab too, but I think everyone loves duck stab. So I left it out of my top 3

Bump

appreciate them

Pretty neat band. I haven't heard much past Commercial Album though. Did they go on to do anything interesting after the 80s?

Also do we know who they are yet?

this

Pretty much everyone knows the singer is Homer Flynn. He's the only original member left. They have made some good music after the 80s my favorite post 80s albums would be shadowland and tweedles, but the 70s and 80s were really their golden years, nothing they've made past then really compares IMO. Except for Wormwood

>Also do we know who they are yet?

the music speaks more about them than any wikipedia article could

2tru2tru

dig their sound, very proud to be from the same place they started

The Commercial album is probably my favorite Art Pop release of all time

Bump again

Their music spooks me out. Here I Come Constantinople is too spoopy for me.

Probably the worst band of the 70s

how to get into them?
for reference i like artsy shit like coil and negativland

honestly if you guys aren't into Duck Stab!/Buster and Glen then you should seriously just check out Meet the Residents, that might be what you need to hear. Try to at least work your way up to getting into Not Available or at least Fingerprince, though if you're ever into it enough then hearing Eskimo is something that is a great experience.

hey thanks

Eskimo
Intermission
Commercial Album

these are obviously their top 3, right?

no

then what is?

>obviously
Nah. They're good but with albums like Meet the Residents, Fingerprince, Not Available and Duck Stab/Buster and Glen in addition to the one's you mentioned it's hard to pick an "obvious" top 3.

>Meet the Residents
good
>Fingerprince
okay
>Not Available
barely okay
>Duck Stab
not good

My fav band of all time. Always thought Meet The Residents, Not Available and Mark of the Mole was their best work. Eskimo, Commercial and Fingerprince are all masterpieces, but I like the industrial influence on MOTM.

>Not Available barely ok

too long songs or something pleb

no its just not good.

In my opinion Not available is one of their greatest albums. It's unique and it's definitely not something you would listen to on your vacation. The main theme of the album is depression and loneliness, so if you listened to the album while you were in a fairly good mood, you probably didn't experience it the way you should.

Made a chart earlier. Plebian and Contrarian don't mean bad at all in this case.

it just sounds like shit, what's the appeal?

Eskimo is such a fucking trip. Bless em'