Reminder that if you don't listen to classical you are ignoring what is objectively the best music on the planet

Reminder that if you don't listen to classical you are ignoring what is objectively the best music on the planet.

Nu trap like Lil Yachty and Suicideboys is better

Classical is fucking boring as shit

OP here, sorry I meant to write Jungle

try the fuck again

>objectively the best music on the planet.
Jazz and Electronica are better.
But classical comes really close.

I listened to nothing but classical for about 10 years

But I then realised that 90% of it is boring as fuck and I started listening to actual good music

This fucking board lmfao

The only thing I dislike about classical is under-utilization of drums. Great drummers spoiled the shit out of me and I have a hard time getting into things with sub-par drums or no drums whatsoever.

I feel that huge orchestral drums are underutilized.

>dead old white men who only had wine to drink and wooden/metal instruments made shittier music than blacks and stoners with the most advanced technology ever

who woulda guessed

Objective by what standards? Decided by which standardization organization?

Listen to Neilsen's 4th symphony. The last movement has huge timpani parts.

me

Show me your data sheets.

hahaha

Who are the "must listen" modern classical composers?

Educate me.

How's my math?

How modern is "modern"? After 1900? 1950? 2000?

Alive and working today. Cutting edge. The rock stars of their niche.

Kevin Puts
Kenji Bunch
Eric Whitacre
Hans Zimmer
Max Richter
Kirsten Broberg
Arvo Part
Jake Heggie
Harrison Birtwistle

Steve Reich
Philip Glass
Milton Babbitt
Luciano Berio
Pierre Boulez
Friedrich Cerha
Gerard Grisey
Mauricio Kagel
Gyorgy Kurtag
Gyorgy Ligeti
Olivier Messiaen
Tristan Murail
Karlheinz Stockhausen
Iannis Xenakis

It's not boring. You're just not smart enough to appreciate what's going on in the composition and how incredible it is.

>rock stars
If that implies popularity and bombast and mass appeal, then I guess Arvo Part is still alive. Check him out if you like post-rock.

How? Like every piece has been recorded by a thousand people; how are you supposed to know which to star with? Nobody seems to have an answer. Classical is harder to get into than kpop.

I guess if we're talking popularity and bombast and mass appeal then it's Eric Whitacre, John Mackey, Frank Ticheli, and such. A few great pieces each but otherwise gross.

Pretty bad.

By rockstar, I more meant, like, who would a composer today be listening to and taking inspiration from as a contemporary? Like, who are the living composers today that newbies starting tomorrow would look up to and be inspired by?

Like the musicians that musicians listen to.

You choose a recording or two, decide what aspects you like of each, do some research on what other recordings have similar qualities and listen to them and see if you like that one better. Post on various internet forums on how your favorite recordings are GOAT and everything else is utter shit.

Or if you like the first one you listen to and are just lazy then just run with it. But always be open to listen to other recordings, it won't hurt.

VVVVVVVV
^^^^^^^^^^^

Alrighty, fantastic. There's a daunting amount of these motherfuckers, though, and I'm guessing they all have a ton of work to sift through.

>classical music is boring

Fucking
Plebs

It's the most diverse music in the world. If you don't find ANYTHING worth your while there then you are worthless and have no taste. But in the end we all die user so it doesn't matter just follow ur heart :^)

>modern classical composers

Why would you, bar maybe two or three, even want to listen to modern classical music? Music today is bad baka

Just watched this

I don't get it

>Music today is bad baka

Well clearly I don't fucking know that or I wouldn't be asking. I have no idea what's going on in the field of classical today. i just like muh Bach, Wagner, and random bits of shit. I'll admit I haven't yet had the patience to sit down and listen to one of these two hour fucking pieces all the way through, though.

I got to see a Wagner show at Jones Hall in Houston once and that was the shit. No problem listening to it live, it's a completely different experience. But I can't just listen for two straight hours at home. Maybe I need a real audio setup.

im currently listening to some Ethiopian tapes right now

thank you

Get real sad about what a piece of shit you are socially and it suddenly makes real sense. Evangelion is just depression: the anime.

If you don't identify with Shinji in a way that makes you sick with yourself, you don't get it.

>been making music as a hobby for years
>take songwriting and composition class this semester at uni for art credit requirement
>day 1 teacher says we are going to be studying mostly classical music

I have mixed feelings desu. On one hand I understand how important classical music is as a foundation to more current stuff but I'm really not very enthusiastic about it as a whole

>spent whole first week going over the absolute basics (what is a chord, how many notes in a scale, etc)
Kill me now

most eastern music is far superior to western classical

Most eastern music already was stagnant and lethargic in the 15th century.

Notated music is inherently limited, but then again constraints give way to creativity.
Music made to record gives you another dimension of musical expression. Shame that a lot of music ignores that.

actually i was in classic gig couple months ago and after it started going to EDM and 90´s disco live shows
what is best is what you want to hear. music is personal. not everything works for everybody

This is by far the biggest lie and most retarded thing to surface human life. Fuck off, music does not stand still, it evolves, into better things.

Easy way to spot a pseud.
They listen to classical out of posturing more than appreciation.

The whole point of this is to say "Rei is best goddess"

The end scene means absolutely nothing and exists solely to cause division between the two stupid fanbases.
Hope I could help.

>tfw I want to learn how to play Violin very badly
>tfw can play guitar
WEW BUT I AM AFRAID OF MAKING SCREEH SCHREECH.

>objectively

prove it