Alt-country midwestern emo

>alt-country midwestern emo

I fucking love this album. Are there any other bands or albums like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0JvG551iDTE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

pinegrove is awesome

maybe check out whitney light upon a lake if you liked cardinal

Just saw them last night at the Clearmountain Festival in Montclair and they killed it. Such an excellent live band.

I like Whitney a lot too, thanks for the rec though.

>genre genre genre genre
This is literally the extent of your ability to "analyse" and "understand" music as a board. It's fucking sad and pathetic and hilarious and none of you should be allowed to listen to music. You don't know how to.

Shit bait

Shitty-ass fucking band

>i have literally nothing of value to give in retort and this post is overwhelmingly accurate
>"lol bait lol"
You need to be fucking shot.

>alt-whiney derivative pandering bullshit

grow up you fucking whitey mcwhite white. Listen to Exuma or cut your dick off

>alt-country

Stop being a pussy and call it country already.

That's a fun record.
I'm leaning more towards labling it power pop though.
Country is a bad word here and now so is Alternative because of Sup Forums.

bruh i was beginning to think no one else on Sup Forums has heard this album. Old Friends is one of my new favorite songs.

Not exactly the same, but similar bands you might dig are TWIABP, Pity Sex, The Hotelier, shit like that.

It's not country. It's barely alt-country. The only reason it has that tag is because they're a bit twangy. It's the same reason they're called "emo" even though their lyrics don't fit with that genre at all.

true but the things is, rock and all of it's subgenres are essentially dead atm so anyone with a guitar is playing with a twang these days to take refuge in the alt. country world. there's little to no room for actual musicians in hip hop or the top-40. just watch and see how many performers at the MTV VMA's actually play an instrument this year. it'll be a sad site.

brilliant live sound youtube.com/watch?v=0JvG551iDTE

it's a shame that their records sound like shit

Favorite new band, something about this album completely captivated me. Its still in my top 10 so far this year

Cardinal and Meridian sound fine, but I agree the rest sound like they just kindof quickly threw it together.

What are some albums like this that are more country, less rock, and with female vocals?

The new Mount Moriah.

brand new have some alt country shit

Is there any music like that one hotelier song that's like

Twa, twaa twaaa, I see the moon and something and shit but now the songs over because apparently two deliverances is more important

AOTY dead serious, this is fucking good.

Big Thief