Memetano

Does anybody actually take his reviews seriously anymore? He bases literally EVERY rating off of popular Sup Forums-like crowds opinion.
>Gives Blond a Strong 8.
Literally how? Frank ditched the unique style he crafted with Channel Orange for a run-of-the-mill RnB sound.
The best parts of this album aren't even done by Frank himself - the guitars, the samples, the oddly placed, stolen lyrics.
Any serious music journalist/album reviewer would never this overhyped garbage a strong 8/10.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Orange
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

memeny memeno

but he gave Lemonade an 8 and Sup Forums hated it.

Next time, actually try watching the fucking review instead of skipping to the last part of the video, getting triggered over a score, and making a garbage thread about it.

He didn't review Interview 2016 because he didn't want to give Death Grips a low score again.

this

he's not going to give a bad review to an album view by many as representing black woman culture

>blond
>run-of-the-mill RnB sound
>The best parts of this album aren't even done by Frank himself - the guitars, the samples, the oddly placed, stolen lyrics.
It's like you didn't even listen to it. Weird. Stupid fantano-poster.

Look, I didn't like Blond, but saying it's a run-of-the-mill RnB is bullshit

Channel Orange was run-of-the-mill RnB and everybody lost it upon release. People just mad that he changed styles lmao. And almost all pop artists don't do the instrumentation part but I'm pretty sure he directs the musicians and all to make the beat/music HE wants, so yeah.

At least learn a bit how that works before hating.
And yeah Fantano is shit.

I watched the entire review.
Sure, he had criticisms, but to give such a bland album an 8/10 is stupid.

The point i'm making is that I don't really believe that he reviews off of his own personal opinions anymore. Look back to his reviews from years ago and compare them to today. He doesn't even review albums from his preferred genres anymore.

It still amazes me that people actually sit through entire Fantano reviews.

It's almost like people enjoy hearing others opinions on music

the Elliott lyric is redeeming. the guitar pieces are nice, but all together it's hardly different from any other hip hop artist who attempts RnB.

I wasn't even that big of a fan of channel orange, i can just acknowledge that he at least tries on that album. most of the tracks on blond blend in. if you're heard 2 songs you've heard them all.

>I don't really believe that he reviews off of his own personal opinions anymore
You're basing this solely on the fact that you don't like the album. Are you too fucking autistic to understand the possibility that he might have genuinely liked it?

>He doesn't even review albums from his preferred genres anymore.
He has never had "preferred" genre.

>He bases literally EVERY rating off of popular Sup Forums-like crowds opinion.

then why did he give MBDTF a fucking light 6?

>. if you're heard 2 songs you've heard them all.
Kinda true but Pretty Sweet, Nights, Seigfried and Pink + White are all pretty distinc.
White Ferrari and Pink + Wait have the CO feel too, so I don't get when people say they're nothing alike.

And I feel like he tried more on Blond that on CO wtf are you on about. CO was less prepared than this.

>bland album
AH. listen to shit more then once you fucking infidel.

should be lower

go back and view his older videos, and you'll see the massive change in the type of albums of he reviews now.
It's not even JUST this album. His reviews just haven't seemed genuine in a good year.

he reviewed that before he was massively popular. i'm generally referring to recent reviews.

>i'm generally referring to recent reviews.

what about Blankface? he gave that a light 5 months ago and a huge amount of his fans are STILL pissed about it. look in the commens on literally any of his reviews for the past couple months or so--"this got a higher score tham Blankface???" "this crap got the same score as Blankface??" "this got a _ but Blankface got a 5???"

The only change I see is that he reviews more more popular/mainstream albums now than he did before. Nothing gives me any indication that he's no longer genuine, especially not for the sake of pleasing is "fans" or Sup Forums. He has made more controversial reviews than I can count on both of my hands.

You just can't handle the fact that he likes something you don't like.

>Look, I didn't like Blond, but saying it's a run-of-the-mill RnB is bullshit
Yeah, you're right.
It's actually run-of-the-mill art pop.

Don't you understand, memetano is bought and paid for. All of the critics are. He'll give any big release a high score as long as it's trendy enough for the label to pay him to.

do you have proof of this? if Frank Ocean can afford a good score, how come Schoolboy Q or Kanye can't?

Because those releases aren't important enough. Kanye's fanbase and status is already cemented, Schoolboy Q isn't connected to any social justice """controversy""" on the same level as Frank being a bisexual black rapper

Blond was really a make-or-break album in his career. I guess Fantano and Pitchfork have made him.

lol why do you care bout fantano?

>memetano is bought and paid for.
pfff you'd think that. but memetano just doesn't have an opinion of his own, and when he does, they are pedestrian at best.

it's time to admit that fantano just never was a good reviewer.

>Blond was really a make-or-break album in his career

lmao no it wasn't you fucking retard

>Kanye's fanbase and status is already cemented

as was Frank's after releasing Channel Orange and Nostalgia Ultra almost a decade ago (both of which Fantano gave a 7, just so you knwow). Frank was a fucking legend before people even knew he was gonna release Blonde.

shut the fuck up if you don't know what you're talking about. Frank could have released a field recording of himself shitting for three hours and he wouldn't lose any fans because his previous two projects were fucking amazing.

He gave the new weezer album a strong 8- light 9. I really think you're mistaken

I don't agree with ascribing a numerical 'score' to art. Music, Movies, Video games, doesn't matter It's arbitrary and meaningless and serves no purpose other than to compare yourself to other critics, which can be done more effectively by actually bringing their critiques into the conversation and creating a dialogue.

That being said, Fantano usually has insightful things to say. I don't always agree with him (his MBDTF review is fucking bullshit), but I actually think that's a good thing. I try and follow critics I don't always agree with, because it helps me develop my opinions and arguments better if I know what I'm trying argue/defend against.

I think, ultimately, he's harmless. I think that something like p4k has the potential to do a lot more harm than Fantano. Just don't take his word as gospel, like some people do.

holy shit you're such a dickrider.
Frank might be massively popular in the internet music circle, but he has little to no mainstream name recognition at all.

He released one decent album that was highly acclaimed. To even put him anywhere near the name recognition as Kanye is just autistic.

>Fantano usually has insightful things to say
imagine being this new

hahaha

>run-of-the-mill art pop
ffs art pop can't be run-of-the-mill you fag
it's like saying run-of-the-mill avant-garde, the terms contradict each other

Has this man reviewed Elseq yet

>he has little to no mainstream name recognition at all.

you're fucking deluded

>Channel Orange debuted at number two on the Billboard 200 and sold 131,000 copies in its first week. It received widespread critical acclaim and was named the best album of 2012 by numerous publications. By September 2014, the album had sold 621,000 copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Channel_Orange

this. It needs to click with you