Sunbather

tell me what do you think about this album and what do you like/dislike about it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4iaj2w7Bp58
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

riffless hipster trash

good post

inoffensive pretty music to accompany shopping at h&m and forever 21

Explosions in the Sky with blastbeats.

i like it because it's good

black metal for ppl who hate black metal

i like it

It's decent

AOTY

1 word: YAAAAAASSSSS

Has anyone seen em live, considering driving four hours to see them if the performance is interesting. I enjoy their material but living in south florida is garbage.

i stopped browsing Sup Forums about a year ago and you guys are still talking about this fucking album.

>sun
>bat
>her
wow, deep

Does the album reference the title in any way?

Their live shows are insane, highly recommend you see em. Saw them in San Fran last October with Tribulation, killer show.

I like how I can't understand the vocalist no matter how hard I try

h&m sells some nice pants

It's not that good.

Basically the singer saw a rich, young qt sunbathing outsider her mansion one day when he was driving around town being sad because drugs and stuff. He wondered if her life was actually as carefree as he imagined it is and what it would be like to be rich.
The album cover is meant to look like the inside of your eyelids on a sunny day.

Dis

thanks

wow that's really cool about the album cover

This is actually really cool

Seems like an accurate description, although I still hate the fucking screaming that persists in all metal. The instrumentation is fantastic, which can be said for many black metal bands, but I just can't get over the fucking screaming. It ruins it for me. It's the same when I hear a good rap song that actually has substance about something meaningful and then they drop a lyric about their dick size randomly and then I want to throw it in the garbage...Kendrick, I'm talking about you.

I'm not the biggest fan of screams but I like them in this album because of how fuzzy they are and how they blend with the guitars to create the wall of sound. There's probably a techincal term for what I'm trying to say (are they "far down in the mix"?) but fucked if i know.

This

pretty good, but this is better blackgaze

honestly just sounds like you don't appreciate the ethos of this sort of stuff; the things you cite reinforce the music's identity with its subculture, and in Deafheaven's case this is already extremely tenuous, beyond a surface level aesthetic. same for the Kendrick bit

That's the gayest thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

Why people keep saying this? I pretty much enjoy Black Metal.

Jesus fucking christ go fuck a nu male from Pitchfork and never come back.

Lantlos is pretty good m8

Cool

ok here it is dumbed down to your level: you have fundamentally shit taste and if you can't even get into deafheaven that's even more laughable

I think this as aggressive sadcore, and like it very much

>The album cover is meant to look like the inside of your eyelids on a sunny day.
That's actually... wow. I kind of liked the album but now I have a new appreciation for it.

was listening to a death grips radio and "similar bands" were playing. Irresistible began playing and got confused as to why a softer song was recommended. Listened to the rest of Sunbather and soon understood. Not a fan of black metal but i guess its ok.

That is the best description of this album I have heard. Good job.

this is posted on every single sunbather thread

because its true for the majority of sunbather fans. its not a bad thing but the average person turned off by entry level shit like thisyoutube.com/watch?v=4iaj2w7Bp58
loved sunbather its an inviting album that welcomes its listeners to enjoy it. The aesthetic album cover and meaning off it is icing on the cake

They sound great but aside from george very boring performance, the rest of the band just stands still looking down

A shitty bitch I went on a date with recently had a tattoo that said Sunbather on her wrist. She told me her ex boyfriend introduced her to them aand shes listened to it hundreds of times. I then moved the conversation onto Metal and she told me Deafheaven is the only metal band she knows apart from Metallica.

That date ended swiftly and I promptly removed her from fb and my phone contacts.

>muh riffs

songwriting > technical prowess

>That date ended swiftly and I promptly removed her from fb and my phone contacts.

literally the most autistic thing you could do

Riffs are 100% the job of the guitarist in BM you dumb shit. It doesnt mean soloing.

>overproduced
>repetitive
>filler 'interludes'
>no soul
>no spirit
>just filler

At least Aesthetica has some energy and dissonance, this shit is dull as fuck.

Ok.. Was wrong now with Metallica??? Its even on the fucking essential albums of Sup Forums.... She posible one of us..................

>>overproduced
>>repetitive
>>no soul
>>no spirit
>>just filler
Could you elaborate those?

why are they necessary then?

just buzzword my shit up senpai

>File In: things that never happened

The vocalist of Deafheaven has said in an interview that he once saw a woman lying on a towel in the sun without a worry in the world. He said he wanted to be like her one day

>THAT'S NOT HOW TRVE KVLT BLACK METAL SOUNDS LIKE!!!!!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
>THIS ALBUM'S BAD BECAUSE IT'S NOT BLACK METAL!!!!!!!!

>ending a date because the girl doesn't listen to metal
literal autism

The vocals ruin it

>no soul
>no spirit

It did happen though.

2 weeks ago in a secluded park in Indiana near I-80.

It's great, coming from someone who thoroughly enjoys "trve kvlt" memetal :^ )

I can't understand a single fucking word.

Lol why are you so mad? I understood what you wrote, even if it sounded like a Tumblr blog from a freshmen English major. Let me dumb it down for you:

I don't like death metal, or metal at all for that matter. I respect the talent in its instrumentation, but I don't like the screaming. I don't see why that means I hate shit tastes because I don't like to hear a dude screech lyrics I can't even understand.

I'd go on, but I fully realize metal fans are some of the most pretentious neckbeards around so I won't even bother.

What is wrong with you? Pants are the last thing I would buy at H&M.

meme

I think they are great but I am also aware that its NPR-core

dream house is one of my favorite songs but the rest of the album doesnt strike me as anything too spectacular

the titular track is pretty decent too i guess but i really dont like the slowpaced post rock interludes, even if they are there to set a mood. if the entire album maintained the quality of its opening track it'd be one of the better albums of the last 15 years

You're a babby if you can't handle the screams.

I like vertigo and thats it