I've got enough of this shit Sup Forums. My job fucking sucks...

I've got enough of this shit Sup Forums. My job fucking sucks, my back hurts like hell and life is just generally full of shit, like why the fuck am I even doing this shit? So post some slowcore, some sad fucking shit, I don't care as long as it's not Crywank, those guys are truly pathetic.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i31zFiwBFho
youtube.com/watch?v=onhva8_8q-I
youtube.com/watch?v=j1anwxo7H2I
youtube.com/watch?v=hP1mpzhbfUU&spfreload=10
youtube.com/watch?v=i_g0L0ctzk0
youtube.com/watch?v=BOTw26B8U2g
youtube.com/watch?v=np50PzMM_TU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Listen to uplifting music rather than whiny bullshit the reinforces your defeatism faggot

no because catharsis is the only thing that exists in a vacuum

Don't listen to this user OP. He's clearly never been sad, emotions are beyond the average Sup Forums user.

You posted one of my 10/10s so I just wanted to say brilliant taste. It's more frustration than anything.

If you want catharsis, you won't get it from slowcore. It'll only keep you sad and depressed and prevent you from doing anything. At a certain point, sadness becomes addictive and a cycle of reinforcement.

But go ahead, waste your life away crying and wallowing in self-pity and blaming all your issues on others rather than trying to fix whatever's making you sad

what should I do then to make myself a healthy and happy, functioning member of society?

Mostly music is used for expression of your feelings. If you use it to regulate your emotions then you're in the minority and it can get unhealthy.

That's music psychology 101

YOU DON'T WANT ANYBOOOOODY HOME
TAKE A SMILE
MAKE IT SAD
TAKE IT ALL SO BAAAAD

just pick a cloud rap and chill bro, don't cry ;-;

take black metal

not even joking this is really sad

essential depression-core, also one of the best albums ever made

This one has gotten me through some really tough times

How is anyone supposed to know what album this is?

Earl Sweatshirt-Solace

What i listen to when im depressed is joy divisions unknown pleasures on repeat. Makes me feel poetic and then i start to realize im being a faggot and should just man up

youtube.com/watch?v=i31zFiwBFho

tfw broke my body for 200 cuckbucks during two days of construction work (heavy lifting + being skinny mode doesnt work out), employer hasnt even mailed me the contract and i´d have to talk myself to get paid this monday for money im not sure im even getting. i just couldnt physically lift 2000kg worth shit and left before the gig was done but i did leave a text message that my legs broke and i cant do that. fuck all i wanted is to work and now all i feel is shame over my body breaking when it needed to get shit done.
>music for this feel?

IKTF bro

Duster- Stratosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=onhva8_8q-I
This album is great. It's a great sad apathy album. one to just kinda sit back and feel removed from everything

Crywank is good..

my exes name is carissa so i never wanted to listen to them because for some reason that seems weird to me. not like i care about her, it's just a weird thing. like i don't want to think about her while i'm listening to a band i've never heard. she is ruining music for me and we don't even talk anymore!

youtube.com/watch?v=j1anwxo7H2I
The Magnetic Fields are great for this kind of feel

OP here, also doing hard physical labour for two months for minimum wage, fuck this shit I've been doing this for a month but I can't quit. I'm getting drunk right now fyi.

know it, love it, might give it a spin later this night, thanks

generic, not an ounce of poetry in that guy's body. he's a self-parody, basically.

also, am I the only one that recognizes Asuka and Rei are both god-tier waifus?

youtube.com/watch?v=hP1mpzhbfUU&spfreload=10

Arab Strap. I cannot rec them hard enough. Truly miserable and misanthropic. And ofc, then there's always Modest Mouse for existential music.

How do you envision yourself happy? Be realistic, not like having billions of dollars and partying on a yacht with two 10/10 virgin models who won't sleep with anyone but you.

Picture the end result. The kind of person you want to be. What you want to have accomplished by the time you're on your deathbed.

Got it? Good. Now start envisioning the process. How will you get from where you are right this very second, to there? Do you need to go back to college? Get a promotion? Get in shape? Get out of your parents' basement? Get married / have a gf?

Might seem daunting at first, but it's actually not so bad, you can break down all of these into a step-by-step of things to do. And once you start down that road, you start to gain momentum. With every step you're a little bit closer, and that's really uplifting. Eventually it becomes less about the end result and more about the journey getting there. Surround yourself with other positive like-minded people along the way, even if they're absolute music plebs who gives a fuck, and you'll have a fun time doing it.

Or you could just decide that no matter what you do, you'll always be this miserable. And you will be, because nothing just happens that suddenly fixes everything. Even if something amazing did really happen to you, you'd be so focused on the negative with that mindset that you'd barely even notice.

The choice is yours. Godspeed (you! black emperor)

Thanks for that long post. I'm not so superficial to think that money or vain attraction is a desirable end goal. It's very simple to me: I'd like to be someone that I can be proud of, I want the people around me to like me, to be proud. Having someone you can connect with, finding pleasure in anything, having a home. It's not about self-pity, it's not about some tragedy or disaster, it's always about self-consciousness and the ability to find pleasure. But for some people, that's missing.

Hey man it's no problem, and those are great goals, I'd say mine are very similar. If you don't feel like you're capable of that right now, you need to figure out what the block is before you start. I'm not gonna be able to figure out what that is, to me you're just user, but you can. Not saying it's easy. It definitely helps to have someone to facilitate the whole experience, whether it's someone very close to you or even a psychiatrist if you think that's necessary.

Also not saying you suck for wanting to listen to sad music or just feeling down, when bad shit happens I do the same thing. I just hate to see some people, especially on Sup Forums, just get consumed by it and feel hopeless.

This usually destroys me and it feels so good.

There's a fine distinction between sadness and bitterness ,the later causes people to get hostile and hateful. All those elderly, stone-faced people on the street - that's what happens when you stop being sad sometimes. It's my greatest fear, actually.

I never really got a slowcore feel from this album
it's too inconsistent/dynamic to make me feel sad or melancholy in the way that Red House Painters, Carissa's Wierd etc. make me feel

anyways, here's my contribution
youtube.com/watch?v=i_g0L0ctzk0

youtube.com/watch?v=BOTw26B8U2g

I don't hate Asuka but she's too tsun. Rei is a sweetheart.
I don't think we were supposed to look at the characters that way though. Rei is so submissive she'll get killed if she's ordered to, and she's inept at interacting with others. Asuka's false sense of security depends on what others think of her and what she thinks others think of her; as soon as she begins doubting herself she breaks down entirely. We should be pitying them, not be attracted to them.

At least you have a job. A job means experience, and experience can land you a better job in the future. Personally, I'm working my current job mainly for the experience, which I can take with me on the road when I move out. 11 months with my current employer and counting. I don't really mind the work though. I want to move away from California by March, and I may not have a choice anyway. I can't go back to dad's place after he got a new gf, and my mom, who I'm staying with now, wants to leave the country ASAP. I'm concerned for myself, but I've been planning to get away for a while now anyway so it's not like I'll be going in blind.

Seconding 's recommendation.
youtube.com/watch?v=np50PzMM_TU

I think the fact that they're both basically damaged goods (no one can deny that) makes them so appealing. They feel human and the fact that Eva has the biggest waifu wars of all time is pretty sad and ironic imo.

This too

this. SOL&H is one of my favorite albums