Do Americans drink tea? If so, how do they drink it?

Do Americans drink tea? If so, how do they drink it?

I'm wondering because I literally don't think I've seen an American movie where they drink tea.

Yeah, except it comes in a spray bottle and it's called Teamorade Nitro ®, and it comes in bacon, candy and American flavours.

Depends where you are in the country, but in my area...

Black or green, and it comes cold with ice and sugar in it, and a lemon wedge or mint leaves.

Southerners do. I'm not sure about the North.

I know that the Brits think that our way of drinking it is fucked

leaves, hot

> it comes cold with ice and sugar in it, and a lemon wedge or mint leaves.

Wait a monent,memes aside, I'd like an honest answer. Do Americans really not use or own kettles?

That's a lie since I have one

Half of the country own kettles, the other half has no need for them

We don't boil shit in the microwave

I have an electric one. I used it in college and still do. My grandfather makes tea from sassafras root in saucepans on the stove, though.

what kind

electric kettle or stove kettle?

I heard Americans can't use kettles because of their retard 120V standard

iced tea in the summer sometimes

You heard wrong

Sweet tea from a can with the name of the greatest state in the union on it.

Kettles exist but I don't recall knowing anyone who actually had one. When I make hot chocolate I just throw a cup of water in the microwave.

you mean a regular stovetop kettle or an electric one?

pretty much everyone has the former, but the latter is less common

ARIZONA

Stop it with this fucking meme

please stop

what happens there?

?

The feds sue them for enforcing federal law

scorpions and heatstroke

>I just throw a cup of water in the microwave.

pffttt

don't worry, it's not a red solo cup.

Honestly, I put a mug of water in the microwave for instant coffee...

I fill it with milk and creamer so it's very sweet and only tastes a little bit shitty

For making hot chocolate a microwave is fine I presume (I use it to heat up milk). Though it's obviously not good for boiling water or making tea using teabags.

The Grand Canyon. Monument Valley. The Upper Sonoran desert. Casa Grande, Canyon Lake, Coronado National Forest...

Arizona is a wonderland of different geology, geography, biomes, climates, and lifestyles, and in between it all there are hippies, potheads, trophy trucks, Confederate battle flags, and lots and lots of guns.

What is 'creamer'? Why don't you use milk?

Creamer is a sort of milk-ish substance... it more powerfully conceals the bitterness of coffee, and it has sugar as well as flavors already in it (you can get vanilla, hazelnut, chocolate...)

>I just fill my coffee with stuff that takes away the taste of coffee

I drink tons of green tea, no sugar or milk or anything added. I can't stand coffee.

Are herbal teas like chamomile, mint, and lemongrass popular around the world? Or do other countries stick mostly to regular tea leaves?

"Regular" tea = black tea

What was with the supermoon meme? It looked the exact fucking same as always, just a little brighter
I thought it was meant to be bigger?

wtf is wrong with you

I make my coffee on the stove with one of them steam powered espresso makers

>I drink tons of green tea, no sugar or milk or anything added

Who the hell would add sugar or milk to green tea? Isn't black tea blends only meant to go with milk and/or sugar?

Dunno, honestly don't know any tea drinkers irl so I don't know what the hell anyone else does with their tea.

Yes we drink sweet tea here in the south a lot of it. Its black tea with sugar in it usually cold.

Pretty sure its one of the main causes of diabetes here.

We don't have the same tea culture as in the UK and Ireland, but people drink it

Most people use stovetop kettles because electric kettles here are slower than in other countries that use higher voltage mains but some have electric ones

Personally, I drink tea because the caffeine in coffee hurts my stomach and I like the way tea tastes better. I just steep it for 4 minutes, remove the teabag, and add milk and sugar

Should clarify, I'm talking about black tea

I put milk in green tea once.

It tasted a lot better, but it made me sick to my stomach.

Why do Americans put eggs in their tea?

Gotta get that protein lad

I just googled tea eggs. Apparently the Chinese do it, and its supposed to be good.

>Eggs
Only for fried tea.

since americans don't suck as many cocks as brits, we need to get our protein in other ways.

Drinking tea is something Americans only do on occasion. Mostly either as a treatment for something or as an affectation. It's seen as a women's drink.

Why do Americans keep the teabag in the cup while they drink it?

It's seen as a women's drink?

That's news to me. The closest thing I can think of here to something that's thought of as a woman's drink is wine.

Why do Americans pour their tea into balloons and bend them into silly animal shapes before drinking it? I've never understood it.

A pot is all I need

Because it's amusing
We also add food coloring to tea to get crazy colors.

>tea with milk
I thought it was just a Bavarian thing.

>He doesn't like the light flavor of rubber in his tea

Are Britcucks even human?

Yes, black tea with milk. If you use milk with herbal tea you're retarded and you'll likely feel sick. Just the thought makes me feel queezy

Why don't americans use kettles?

Eye doo dough.

I use a french press for my coffee as well.

Every morning isntead of coffee. People think,its weird.

If you microwave or use a coffee maker to make coffee you should actually kill yourself. I use a kettle and French press for my coffee, which should be the ONLY way you make coffee.