This massive sinkhole collapses in your city. Japan fixed it in less than 48 hours...

This massive sinkhole collapses in your city. Japan fixed it in less than 48 hours. How long would it take in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3923188/Residents-evacuated-huge-66ft-wide-sinkhole-unknown-depth-appears-gardens-latest-string-collapses-town-scientists-say-ground-dissolving.html
rt.com/news/345937-giant-sinkhole-canada-ottawa/
youtube.com/watch?v=PwD0JzUeEeY
hartvannederland.nl/nederland/zuid-holland/2013/meisje-14-valt-in-sinkhole/
youtube.com/watch?v=4SjjTrL8DlI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

forever

2 months in northern Italy, 2 years in the south, 20 years in Naples.

knowing our government, they'd pocket the budget that's intended to fix it and pretend that it didn't happen at all.

Probably a few months

Maybe that's why the streets sink like that

Depends where it is, if it were to be in central London then probably as fast as humanly possible, if elsewhere probably months or years

The area would be cordoned off for a few months while a team is selected to discuss how best to handle the situation.

After that, Miroslav and his extended family will work on the repairs while Barry, Bazza, Gary, Gazza, Terry, Tezza, and Jack supervise.

During the work, people will complain that the roadworks have been going on for too long, claim the hole should instead be regarded as a national heritage site, and argue that it could be put to better use providing closer-to-the-city homes for asylum seekers

Maybe 1 month?

Probably a year

That would be good Monty Python sketch plot desu.

It would never be fixed

We don't have them I think.

100 million chinks cross that street daily
in greece its only an old man

>How long would it take in your country?

Take a guess.

Average of 3 years.
Depends on the place too, 1-2 years in the north, 4-5 years in the south.

I think we'd just try make it a tourist attraction here. Our city boasts you can still see some of the effects from the Lisbon earthquake because they never bothered to fix it

2 years to get the project started, 4 to find workers, 3 to fix it and 2 months before something goes wrong and they have to redo it.

it'd never happen in the first place

This

Ok samaefag here, realisticly only like 4-5 months.

Not long ago a road connecting two cities collapsed and it didn't take too long to get it back up.

Then again, we are talking about a main road, if it happened inside a city it'd definitely take like a year.

Wtf is a sinkhole and why did i never see one in my country

>why did i never see one in my country
You would need an earial photo for that.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3923188/Residents-evacuated-huge-66ft-wide-sinkhole-unknown-depth-appears-gardens-latest-string-collapses-town-scientists-say-ground-dissolving.html

>Would not be fixed.

rt.com/news/345937-giant-sinkhole-canada-ottawa/

youtube.com/watch?v=PwD0JzUeEeY

hartvannederland.nl/nederland/zuid-holland/2013/meisje-14-valt-in-sinkhole/

>fix

t. japanese

>This massive sinkhole collapses in your city. Japan fixed it in less than 48 hours. How long would it take in your country?

There are some electric stais they were been remodeling in a subway station, near my house. I think they started two months ago and they still unfinished

well well well how can shitholes say shit at Japan?

ネトウヨ…w

48 years

kek

fucking saved

In cornwall? Probably a couple years

thanks amigo

thanks best slav

Fukuoka was lucky it happen at the middle of the road instead of the building

Is it weird that the hole is the same size?

those are probably two different people and the photos were taken just for fun with the gap of a few months or even in the same day. the first one was shopped to look old school.

Probably. I would accept the hole and the buildings, but the leaning pole still being there is a bit too much.

kek that is glorious
based russia

Nigga please. You could see that the white building in the background grew in the picture on the right.

It wasn't a natural occurrence. They made a mess at the construction of subway tunnel. Besides this is the 3rd time when the same shit happened in Fuckoka. Jap engineering sucks

Can anyone cite other cases of sinkholes and how long it took?

You guys are getting another round of pro-Japanese coverage. All the major news it covering it with a tone of superiority (of Nips).

It took a whole week till the road was reopened and it was in front of a train station that 165,000 people use daily.
It had to be fixed quickly but it doesn't guarantee that there's going to be no cave-in again.
It's fixed surely quickly, but the incident is a shamefur display in itself.

Grass is the same height.

Buildings don't grow you retarded shart, they get built. The camera is clearly at a steeper angle in the second picture, making the building seem taller

This is the 3 days ago

Really depends who's affecting, if it's a public via probably 8 months. If it's in a comercial zone 1 month tops, bribes move mountains in here.
Also who's in charge of the work, I just saw how they changed the whole sidewalk of the neighborhood in one week, but took them 1 month to move all the debrief afterwards.

1 hour

In my city the same if not faster but some union guys would get rich and it would be ugly.
t.NYC

this is fake, but funny one

unrepaired for twenty years road looks like this
youtube.com/watch?v=4SjjTrL8DlI

It would literally take years

We let 3 cities drown

In my country? A few days.

In my state? A few decades.

Michifag here. Our road construction takes years and years.

5-8 years and a lot of political bullshit.

Wouldn't get fixed at all, the council'd say some bullshit like "we're coming to fix it, hang on" but they fuckin won't. arseholes, right lot of them.

>bazza
>gazza

You forgot Kevvo and Rog.

Wouldn't happen in the first place.

Not because of the quality of our roads, but because all of Norway is slopes, hills and mountains. The water wouldn't be able to assemble anywhere. Also, there just a few meters between the surface and solid mountain everywhere in the country but a few places. So the ground is generaly far to solid.

But if something like this were to occour, then a guess it would take a few weeks.
In Europe, Germany would definetily be the quickest to rebuild this. No one in Europe are quicker to rebuild infrastructure after disasters than them.

First, the government would go out and make a licitation. They would then secretly give the contract to a company owned by a friend of them.
Then the company would charge 4 times the costs, and take roughly a year or two to do it. Then a couple news channel will probably take note, but the government would deny everything.
Then the supreme court would take a look into the whole thing, but since those judges are either bribed or blackmailed by the goverment, they'd excuse themselves from the case, or say that the government dindunuffin.
Such is life in the big government third world

That's faked, the grain in the 1991 shot is digital noise, not film grain

48 hours padded by bureaucratic bullshit
1 month to fix 50% of it
1 mistake to justify overspending
1 day to realize most of the funding's been funneled into an offshore swiss account by an unknown group.
10 years to get back to it.

Kek

>workers arrive to fix the sinkhole
>work for about 15 minutes
>lunch break
>get drunk and fall asleep til the end of worktime
Repeat for about 20 years and maybe by then they will put a sign saying "CAUTION: SINKHOLE"

This
This
Dis TRhis
This
Japan is a third world country where a """road""" collapses, which can't happen in the first place

Several months. The contract with the construction company would set a start date and a deadline several months into the future. At the start date, the construction company would fence the area off, then they would leave it to work on projects with closer deadlines. A few days before the deadline, the construction company would pool its resources to work on the project and complete the actual work in 48 hours.

1 month? probably more

This

years

It's still not filled, the council cuts funding from care homes to pay to constantly replace the wooden boards that let you drive over it. Japanese tourists come and take pictures for some reason

Your whole country is a sinkhole lol

wow that's a bad road. doesn't help the car has blown shocks/struts.

the inspector for feministic transportation would first conduct an investigation about what kind of patriarchial power caused this sinkhole (3-6 days), then there'd be protests about how the sinkhole symbolizes female empowerment (2-3 days) then the road inspector would inspect the sinkhole and issue a reperation order to compensate all the women inconvienced (5-7 days) and then they'd start repairing (1-2 days)
after they're done they'd need to contact the swedish government to issue a statement about how they recognize their male privilege and then a new national holiday (for women) would be declared.

>less than 48 hours
[Citation needed]

Fake

>1991
>picture looks like it's from 2010

Japanese """""news""""" is practically China-tier since Abe took power.

This is probably the right answer in most places. If it's in the middle of a capital or important city it's probably going to be fixed as fast as possible and if it's in the middle of no where, it'll take a substantially longer time.

>20 years in Naples
kek

John Cleese is that you?

this

In NYC it'd take a decade and cost tax payers billions of dollars.

In Detroit never.

In DC, it would be filled in within the hour at the behest of numerous Republican and Democratic senators.

RARE

>Japan fixed it in less than 48 hours.

It took one week.

In toronto? A few weeks at least. It's literally taken them 6 weeks and counting to install automatic ticket machines at my local subway stop, a sinkhole would be even worse.. Rest of the country probably within the week.

>happened one week ago
>only took 48h

Also I'm surprised it didn't affect the buildings in the area!

you're just new

1 minute

So evangelion was realistic about how quickly the city could get repaired