They're Leaving Me Behind/home recording of River Man

My favorite from each of his albums:
>FLL
Man In a Shed
>BL
Hazey Jane I
>PM
From The Morning/Which Will

Time of No Reply gets an honorable mention, it's a shame it wasn't on FLL.

The orchestrated version sucks I much prefer the home recording.

I agree that the strings suck (Kirby can go eat a dick, I really don't see what Nick saw in him) but I think the guitar part on the album version is better than the home recording. It has more... rhythm, I suppose. It's my overall favorite song of his, so it's a shame we never got a proper mix/recording of it.

Two things that I'd be perfectly content with being the last music I ever hear before I die is one of Chopin's nocturnes and Nick's "From the Morning"

It's a shame about the instrumentation on BL, I hate saxophones so much. Love a good couple of songs on it, though.

FLL is near perfect, and Pink Moon is absolute perfection.

A Skin Too Few is a really good documentary on Nick.

Nick drake looks like my dad

youtube.com/watch?v=xKi_F0ROjQI

love love love this song

Bird Flew By and the version of All My Trials he does with Gabrielle is really beautiful.

The fuck is Molly doing

I enjoy the part of Strange Meetin II towards the end where his dad suddenly asks "did you write that??"

All My Trials is definitely the highlight of Family Tree.

What's yalls fav bootleg?

Do the multitracks exist exist for his albums still? If so, ...Naked versions when??
Though I guess it's kind of disrespectful to do that to a dead person's art, it's not like you're making the original no longer exist

Quite a few of the bootlegs & post-humorous releases have stripped versions of songs from FLL & BL.

looks like she was saying something or pointing out something to Nick and/or Gabrielle.

Maybe his earliest recording
m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLkAnsC6WdI

Nick Drake was one handsome motherfucker.

Kirby was a really nice guy, and actually felt bad about how his orchestrations were received. I remember an interview where he talked about how he knew some people had said it ruined the record. He also said that Nick got the final word on them though, it's not like they were done without his input. Also, I'm pretty sure Nick trusted him because they were friends from Uni.

People also need to keep in mind that everyone thought Nick was going to be a star, the orchestral arrangements are the result of that philosophy, it's just how things were done in that period.

Yeah, the majority of singer-songwriters in the 70s stringed the fuck outta their music. Sounds horrid nowadays but back then was more than acceptable.

It's a tie between Clothes of Sand and Joey

Thoughts?

I think it is. It's the posture.

youtube.com/watch?v=H_-EGWy8Fek