pastebin.com/gqYwYEHn

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

roland.com/us/products/cube_street_ex/
www60.zippyshare.com/v/TbBVzu3X/file.html
m.liveleak.com/view?i=3eb_1440675897
drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B8drXawOjAngaGVTTkVtdHcwV28
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What's the best material for tonepantsu?

Tree wood

Post Fender Surf Memes, Blues and Reds.

Eh, you jew. I said gimme a min. Guess i shoulda said 5 mins. Whatev, I'll delete the other one.

this is my 2nd guitar
great
first one is a squier bulletstrat

Not dick wood?

disgusting.

> hurt durr i bought it drunk
> ut-o i cant canzel
> oh no
> for a week

Why you lie to anons on the internet about your guitar? Balls smaller than dot inlays. That's why.

>ibanez

Shig

Hey /gg/, it's been really long since I've played my guitar and I've been really wanting to get back on it. I'd like to learn jazz guitar or improve my finger picking.

Can anyone recommend any pieces? Sheet music would be great, it's also been long since I've read any sheet music so I'd like to brush up on that too. Doesn't have to be jazz, could be anything really.

What does /gg/ think of the flying v shape?

Nvm. I thought u were op.

It's incredibly retarded.

Super uncomfortable to play sitting down but that's really the only gripe I have

/gg/ generally dislikes it. Personally i think they're sweet looking.

Kill yourself

its a great guitar
got it for U$100

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Math rock
>Music "theory"
>Guitars with more than one point
>"Shredding"

O I am laffin

I dunno if anybody has said this before but the fedoralord in the pic kinda reminds me of Keanu Reeves

i don't really understand the purpose of the shape.

is it just for looks or is there something practical to it?

tell me 2 reasons why knowing music theory is bad

do you have any fucking idea how to play a V sitting down? clearly not

It looks badass and holds itself perfectly in a classical position for ergonomic fast playing.

Learn Moonriver. I'll upload the Real Book for you if you can wait a bit.

>tell me 2 reasons why knowing music theory is bad

How the fuck are these new Roland amps? They are battery powered and seem to be versatile as fuck:

roland.com/us/products/cube_street_ex/

Also, how the fuck do I stop eating at night on Seroquel?

Das spooky I was just listening to that album earlier

Don't be a butthurt babby

here you go

www60.zippyshare.com/v/TbBVzu3X/file.html

>named cube
>isn't a cube

I like it.

2spoopy4me

What the fuck was Kim's problem on some of the songs on that album? Her vocals are amazing on almost every other album (Bad Moon Rising especially) and they were so shitty on Dirty.

Their old shit were cubed shaped so they just kept the CUBE name. I think it stands for

Cut
Up
Baby
Ears

good taste senpai

Bitch got what she deserved

>asks for a logical argument
>gets literal memes
good one
haha, he keeps saying that F word, what a funny man!

>tfw you'll never be a gay black prostitute turned psychopathic news reporter/murderer

Feels good man.

>How long have you been playing?
10 years this month
>Fav guitars?
Anything by B.C. Rich and Taylor
>Fav guitarists?
Michael Hedges, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tony Iommi, Infernus from Gorgoroth
>Projects?
I'm just a hobby guitarist. I play out every now and then when I write something decent

Pic related is my new amp. Did some research on it. These are vintage as fuck and extremely rugged. The thing must weigh 90lbs. The distortion and chorus on it are fucking amazing and both run in stereo m between each speaker which are both powered by seperate poweramps.

I hope he fucked the body

>7 string
meme

Here comes the autism

Love the amp, what is the exact model and how much was it? Sucks about the weight though. I had a Blackstar 2x12 combo amp and it was just so damn heavy.

I returned it

m.liveleak.com/view?i=3eb_1440675897

SS-140c. Some old chap sold it at guitar center in crisp as fuck condition. Its dated 1988

I paid $170 for it btw.

Does anyone have a schematic and parts list for a fuzz factory clone? All I find online is kits and pictures

Shoot yoursef in the face

Thanks, I feel fuzzy already

> Jackson
Noice.

>this triggers the poorfags

Still too relatively poor to get that yacht, Doc?

can anyone recommend me a good expression pedal.

are there any good volume pedals that can also act as an expression pedal?

>continue learning alone
>take one 45 minute lesson every week for a couple months
what would the difference in progress be? Worth it?

alright, thanks user

lesson.

I have the feeling that I just can't express myself with my current instrument. I'll have to find a luthier that'll build me a 7-string bass with partial fretting (3 highest strings fretted, 4 lowest strings fretless) with frets that have a smooth transition from jumbo on the highest to tiny on the lower string which then turns into a strip of metal as fret markers on the fretless side. Multiscale/fanned frets with slanted pickups (Humbucker Singlecoil Humbucker with a piezo in the bridge, coil split and seriell parallel for the Humbuckers, separate pot for each pickup), active electronics with a graphical 9-band EQ on the bass, hollowbody, headless, with a variable fingerboard radius that becomes round enough close to the bridge that you can use a bow on it. Rarewood top on an ash body with a 13-piece neck.
I have about 13,000$ available for this, do you guys know a luthier who is up for the job?

taking lessons was one of the best decisions of my life

ULTIMATE M E M E M A C H I N E
E
M
E
M
A
C
H
I
N
E

Pretty much a person that could point out where you're weaknesses are, tell you what to do and steps to takeh to overcome them. Also, show you things you wouldn't think of doing or looking up online or whatever. Not necessary, but definitely helpful.

You deserve nice pics for this shitpost

I know that's bait, but that honestly sounds like a pretty neat idea

god i wish that were me

I want this to be a real photo but there's no way it actually it

me on the right

will music theory give me the tools to make my songwriting more creative?

Use your imagination and play it out by ear until you get all the notes right.

You'll understand how shit works and what goes well with what but you won't be able to write good songs immediately just by knowing theory.

I want to fuck Rob Chapman

How do I make these feels stop?

Just replaced the stock strings with some ernie balls after a month and holy fuck why do guitar manufacturers put such pieces of shit on their products? They cost almost nothing and the difference insane, seems like they're doing themselves a huge disservice just to save a few cents

They prob just use whatever will get rusty looking the slowest.

Could it be your strings were dead from playing? Ernie Balls are pretty much the cheapest shit out there.

hang yourself

The stock strings probably had been there for a year, why is that a surprise?

By the time a guitar is assembled, shipped, stocked, and sold off a store shelf, I can guarantee you 3 months have passed. Strings age quick if not cleaned and/or stored properly

How about both?
Here's a solo bossa nova.
drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B8drXawOjAngaGVTTkVtdHcwV28
I was able to know this piece out in about two weeks(fully memorized)
Be sure to observe the edits Edson made to the original score, I play them as originially written.

>know
*work

what are some recommended tutorials/videos that are /gg/ approved for playing punk/hardcore/grunge style songs

If you can't figure out how to play powerchords on your own might as well kill yourself.

Maybe, I was having a lot of trouble getting consistent pitches from the thickest three strings. They would go extremely sharp initially then go flat right afterwards.

Are elixir/d'addario that much better? It's only a few dollars difference

So include a pack with the unstrung guitar?

>yes because all punk/hardcore/grunge music is just power chords.
also faggot I can play powerchords.
I just was curious on any more advanced techniques that replicate the style of bands with more instrumental nuance than fifth root chord up and down strummy a lot 900k

Why? Most bridge designs literally fall apart without strings to keep them together, also you can't test them right out of the box.
Also stretch your new strings properly, nigger.

>Also stretch your new strings properly, nigger.
I did. It was the old strings doing that

Looking for intricacy or subtle techniques in Punk is like looking for water in a desert that's not even over an aquifer.
You can dig and scratch all you like but you'll die of dehydration before you'd find any.
If you want subtle techniques, there's not a single Genre that employs as many as classical.

Besides, classical is pretty close to punk, except: it's good, it can be easy to listen to, it's technically rigorous and will push you to the limits, and isn't played by pretend anarchists.

Elixirs last forever, I'd say they're worth it if you wear out strings quickly.

Posting the best guitar ever made period

Not enough strings.

Looks nice but it's pretty much useless for me
I guess i'm buying a tele now since i sold all my gear yesterday

Just wait till you put some D'addarios or DR Blues on it.

>tfw no gf

>So include a pack with the unstrung guitar?
I wouldn't mind a pack with the guitar, but generally it isnt good to leave the guitar unstrung for extended periods.

How many days a week should i practice?
I gave up on it 5 months ago, i was taking lessons but my instructor was a faggot and he never gave me the motivation i needed to keep playing

>DR Blues
Muh nigga. 100% favorite strings of all. However, I'm a cheapskate and buy Ernie balls frequently.

5 days a week, but it doesn't have to be 6-8 hours that shit is retarded and at that point you're not actually learning anything you're just going through the motions.

2-3 hours at the same time every night on the weekdays, and then play whatever you want on weekends or practice more if you're up to it.

Motivation is fleeting a lot of the time, it is a constant you'll have to deal with as a musician, develop discipline to continue on even when you don't want to.

Think back why you started playing in the first place, you should have a desire so strong that when you pick up your instrument you are ready to learn and improve.

10 mins every day is better than 70 mins one day a week. I usually strive for 2 hours a day. 15 mins warm up exercises, 1 hour if trying to accomplish a goal or something, then making up riffs and fucking around for a while. Or continuing on to the goal, fucking around with achieved goal.