youtu.be/eC6ChpMjAZI?t=60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ok good discussion

death grips is meme and people pretend to like it

maybe you lost them

it grows on you

not really

yup

i had to listen to the first album like 30 times before liking it so i understand you

I think you mean it was "eh"

I loved death grips the first time I listened to them. First track was Beware. His voice, the beat, the lyrics, I was so into it, found it super accessible. Idk why this is a rare opinion.

nothing has surpassed Beware, in my opinion

classic nu-metal album

Eh and Bottomless Pit are great, the rest of the album is... eh

Nothing there to really "revisit" and digest other than the first two songs, and one of which was a single.

But this record is them just being comfortable with the sound they made and expanding on it more. It's nice to listen to a DG record and have it all be straight bangers.

it's called post-nu metal

I was sold on beware but Takyon is actually what sealed the deal on them becoming one of my favorite bands on my first listen of Exmilitary. Hacker is probably my favorite death grips song overall though and I don't think they'll ever top it.

>likes Bottomless Pit
>pretends to dislike GBPGI, Hot Head and Ring a Bell

are you serious? Bottomless pit is insufferable

problem is they aren't straight bangers, the album is boring as fuck, sounds like they've been split for 20 years and came back for some shekels and made this

Hacker isn't even the best album closer

it wasn't so hard to top Hacker, they made it with each song that was after it

Are you kidding? The first time I heard this album it was in the car while on the way to the party and it fit so fucking well. Minus the first two tracks, I didn't have to skip a song.

I'm not a huge Death Grips fan but I personally enjoyed this album

From what ive heard this is how id rate their album:
GP>Ex>BP>NLDW>TMS

>I'm not a huge Death Grips fan but I personally enjoyed this album
me too

what taste is this?

Fellas on the Moon is going to be your fav, and Jenny Death will be between BP and Ex

first song I heard was Guillotine, didn't like it much. Then heard The Fever, didn't like it much. Then heard Takyon and it clicked. Suddenly I loved The Fever. Guillotine is still okay at best but I'm one of those fuckheads who wholeheartedly loves this band now.

NotM > NLDW = BP > GP > TMS = Ex >> JD

other than inanimate sensation and on gp i just find myself skipping every other jenny death song. don't dig it at all. also I still adore TMS and Exmilitary, just less than the other shit

Why does everyone dislike Jenny Death this much? I rarely see people that appreciate this album.

It's hilarious how entry level all DG fans are. They act like it's the pinnacle of cool music. I can tell someone is lame as fuck when they enjoy DG.

Little do they know DG is absolute poseur garbage. They don't know about all the other shit that DG has ripped off.

It's sad, really. It's sad that these people will never develop their musical tastes.

You know it's pretty funny that no one in this thread has implied any of what you said and there's some decent discussion going but then there are users like you who just have to vent about music fans that enjoy what they want to because of how pathetic your life is. I'd also love to know what you think they 'ripped off'.

>I can tell someone is lame as fuck when they enjoy DG
fucking kek

I like it. Some of the songs are meh but I love the first four.

> I'd also love to know what you think they 'ripped off'

I'm sure you would. You'll have to discover that music for yourself. I'm not going to spoon-feed you. Sorry.

Tell us how much you love 80s Swans

>It's sad, really. It's sad that these people will never develop their musical tastes.

youtu.be/eC6ChpMjAZI?t=60

huh... this thread is awful

Doesn't school start soon for you Death Grips kiddos? What grade are you in this year?

effective bait but unoriginal

Death Grips are like..... eh.

lol this thread, these fellas arguin!

The taste with very shallow listening :^)

BP>JD>TMS>NLDW>ExMil>GP>NotM

"I actually don't know why I'm talking about so I'm just going to say I refuse to spoon feed you" nice one!

Was a huge DG fan before this album. It legitimately sounds like their stereotype of "black man shouting over great drumming". None of the hooks land, the production and instrumentation is annoying and infuriating, truly the only DG release I can't listen to.

NOTM>TMS>NLDW>ExM>JD=GP>BP

>listening to an album you don't like 30 times

are you fucking retarded?

>entry level
>poseur
>develop their musical tastes

You are a pretentious faggot

Dalek is shit, fuck off.

I'M ALL UP IN MAH GLORY HOLE ESS OH
NO NO NO

BP is a better, improved version of JD for me. The aimless guitar noodling and some borderline nu-metal esque riffs make JD the worst DG album for me. I like the mix of riffs, blastbeats and flatlander production on BP. Also three bedrooms in a good neighborhood has one of their best hooks of all time.

Me too man. I don't get why people say everyone pretends to like them. I genuinely adore Death Grips and it hurts to be associated with meme spouting asshats.

I'LL FUCK YOU IN HALF

It's not spoonfeeding dumbass, if you aren't going to back up a point you made then don't fucking make it in the first place.

Why do faggots on here keep spelling it like "poseur" with the u

Ebin xD take this gold kind sir, for you brought the much needed LULz!

death grips is 100% trash imagine ever liking it?

must be a pastey white boy ironic gangsta internet lingo meta faggot

damn..

Put BP in front of NLDW and it's literally the reverse of my opinion

Yes, I know about all the bizarre techno and pop bands that they were inspired by, but I still love the music

made me think

>being this wrong

Warping and Trash are great tracks.

>Beware was the first track
Yes same thing for me. I briefly remember it, because I was really blown away by the atmosphere and soundscape and I have been hooked ever since.

Uhh, that's exactly how I feel honestly.

BP>NotM>GP>NLDW>JD>TMS>Ex

Holy fucking shit dude

Ex>NotM>TMS>GP>NLDW>JN

NoTM > GP > BP = TMS = EXM > JD > NLDW

So how can this board constantly write off music as edgy and immature when so many of you like this 8th grade tier bullshit?

I cannot fucking imagine being older than 14 and enjoying this music.

Dont you mean it was so EH, EH

this

>the production and instrumentation is annoying and infuriating
Damn...

but BP is way more nu-metal than JD

this, really don't understand why JD is hated, while BP is beloved

That's because this fanbase is full of angsty teens, who'd love nu-metal, if they were born earlier.

The people bitching how 'it sounds like nu-metal!!' always sound way more immature.

>triggered underage

DG mixes well with, Opiates(NOTM, FW), Ketamine/PCP (Ex,TMS,BP,NLDW), even Psychedelics(GP, BP,NLDW).

I'm very split on this album

Spikes and Giving Bad People Good Ideas are easily my top 2 DG songs, but I really don't enjoy the rest of the album

More like shit was so "eh"

>it's nu-metal
>it's the new Limp Bizkit
>it's just a hobo shouting over dubstep
>it's just a ripoff of B L A C K I E / Dalek
>only edgelords/poseurs/fedoras/15 year-olds listen to it
>it's just a meme that people pretend to like

Any other "I'VE BEEN ON Sup Forums FOR A FULL YEAR"-tier DG bait I've missed?

Well, I guess you're just another pretentious faggot, since there are at least two songs that remind of GBPGI, and most part of the album sounds in the Spikes-esque.

>Any other "I'VE BEEN ON Sup Forums FOR A FULL YEAR"-tier DG bait I've missed?
You just posted it.

nah, ur life is a meme but people don't even pretend to like u

(You)

ITT: (you)

am i the only person on earth who really likes this album?

>implying he's the only underage on this board
kek'd

:(