OFFICIAL WASHINGTON NATIONALS VS CHICAGO CUBS GAMETHREAD

Tanner Roark, RHP (2.35 ERA, 3.65 xFIP) vs Jake Arrieta, RHP (0.84 ERA, 3.06 xFIP)

Nats Lineup:
1. Ben Revere (CF)
2. Anthony Rendon (3B)
3. Bryce Harper (RF)
4. Ryan Zimmerman (1B)
5. Daniel Murphy (2B)
6. Jayson Werth (LF)
7. Wilson Ramos (C)
8. Danny Espinosa (SS)
9. Tanner Roark (P)

Cubs Lineup:
1. Dexter Fowler (CF)
2. Jason Heyward (RF)
3. Kris Bryant (3B)
4. Anthony Rizzo (1B)
5. Ben Zobrist (2B)
6. Jorge Soler (LF)
7. Addison Russell (SS)
8. Tim Federowicz (C)
9. Jake Arrieta (P)

First pitch at 1:20 CT form Wrigley Field

Other urls found in this thread:

nypost.com/2016/05/08/obamas-last-act-is-to-force-suburbs-to-be-less-white-and-less-wealthy/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Federowicz

When will this meme end?

Jesus glad that's over

>that anthem

What an awful way to start the game

Will this be the day? Will the Gnats best Natty?

shrill ass bitch is gonna give me nightmares

First for Bryce Harper getting BTFO

PERFORMANCE

BRING THE BROOMS LADS WE SWEEPIN

Arrietta will strike him out 3 times

when did mother's day become breast cancer awareness day?

They've been doing it for like the last 10 years mate

how dare you, you cis piece of shit misogynist.

When did players become forced to wear faggy pink gear?

I'm watching the game with my mom and she asked the same thing

I can't remember ever seeing the fucking ump where a pink mask. It's kind of overkill at this point

MORE SHITTY UMPS
CAN'T WAKE UP

>players will never where light blue for prostate cancer awareness on father's day

This whole series has been brutal in that regard

Seriously. Is it gonna take a player getting prostate cancer?

Why not put murphy behind bryce? He might get more pitches to hit since murphy is on a tear.

This catcher is making good pitches look like shit

No, the ump is just autistic.

Nats are trying to kill Fowler

Plz don't be ded dexter

>lead off man doin his thing

>Drake blasting at Wrigley

GOAT

stream?

>Bryant
>.300+ avg

Pick two

players wear pink for mother's day? lol?

cmon benny

hello i am new to this sport pls be friendly

go cubs

ayyyy new fans are always welcome m8

So the bit that is x-y underneath the pitch count

I understand y=outs. What is x?

The balls and strikes (also known as a 'count')

0-0 (balls, strikes), x outs

>bases loaded
>soler steps up to the plate
just fuckin' kill me

These umps need to go back to ump school.

So what are the balls and strikes

Why can't George Soler get hits, lads?

SOLER, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! God dammit, how many times is maddon going to fall for the soler is a work in progress meme.

Shit fielding and strike out machine

4 balls is a free base, 3 strike and youre out. fouls count as strikes but once you have 2 strike you can foul the ball off as much as you want.

So the 4 balls is a foul count for the pitcher? Like they're illegal throws?

To be fair that at-bat was more Roark working the ump's zone and getting outside strikes, but it would be nice for Soler to take a fucking swing

balls if the pitcher misses the strike zone while the batter doesn't swing

4 balls and the batter advances to first base

strike if the batter doesn't swing and ump calls it in the strike zone, strike if he swings and misses or hits a foul(can't get out on a foul hit though, unless it's caught)

>That baby's face

JUST

looks like zika 2bh

Why are these dickweed umps still allowed to umpire games?

there is a strike zone and if the ump decides you threw a pitch in the zone its a strike. balls are pitches thrown outside the zone. Its all done by the discretion of the ump and this one is calling a shit game so this is a really bad game to watch as your first

>Arrieta getting 5-6 balls called on the exact same pitches that Soler went down with

most of them are pretty good. theres like 4 that are just awful. Ted Barret might be the worst HPU

Thanks for info bros, I won't shit up the thread with too many more.

Are the cubs a good team? I've went with them solely cos I'm a Bears fan so it makes sense. Chicago seems a pretty cool place.

South side where the sox play is a run down shit hole of a ghetto. Cubs play in a wealthy neighborhood on the north side. Comfy as fuck and lots of fun stuff to do.

>this catcher

Bring up contreras

>Federowicz
CONTRERAS NOW

Well right now they're the best team in the majors. They also had a really good season last year.
However they are also infamous for not being good - no World Series since 1908, no WS appearance since 1945

FUCK FEDEROVIC YOU KURWA

The Cubs started a rebuild a few years ago and are last season jump-started the contending phase. They have almost their entire great positional core locked up for the next 5 years and are winning at a literally historic rate this year.

wew that grounder.

Hello britbong.
Yes the Cubs are good. I think they are easily the best team in the league at the moment.
Chicago is fun.

>fedorawicz

arguably the best team around now m8, but they havent won anything in over 100 years which is laughable compared to any other team

they were cursed by a goat

>Implying Contreras is fully developed

Montero should be back soon, no need to start the service time clock yet.

tell me about london. How fucked are you guys realistically

calm down, Fedora has been great overall for what he is - a short DL stint stopgap.

I wanted to post this

he can't be worse than Timmy Fedora

call him up, let him share time with Ross and then send him down when Montero is back, then he can continue his development

Nothing small about this manlet ump's strike zone.

>All this pink for mother's day

I'm in Glasgow, London might as well be another country for me.

if you mean the mayor then khan is a liberal guy and might sort out the housing situation - so ok - he's a great example of a muslim actually integrating unlike most of the fuckers

otherwise london has fantastic parts but the main issue is ghettoisation and it being unaffordable for most average people in that way it's fairly fucked

muh referendum

Just look at how much irregular playing time has fucked up Soler.

Contreras should stay in the minors until he can handle the pitching staff and get regular playing time

Why the fuck do you guys care?? Theyre happy to wear that stuff and show their mothers some love. Do you not buy your mother nice shit for mothers day?

what's wrong with London

No

gonna ask you to take a few moments to get woke
>>Sup Forums

it worked fine for Schwarber

>but the main issue is ghettoisation and it being unaffordable for most average people in that way it's fairly fucked

to be fair this is the issue with literally every big city in the world these days, Chicago included.

Schwarber was a shit defender though lel

schawbs was good the second he entered the majors. Soler has been in and out of the majors and still cant handle being an every day player.

Dat mad af BRUTAL cubs guy.

I called her on the phone

Schwarber was playing pretty much every day, just not at catcher. Contreras with would be sitting on Ross days since he doesn't play other positions.

>Soler has been in and out of the majors

buying stuff for your mum is fine and you should do it, wearing this garish shit though???

true, i got offered a job in san francisco a while ago and lol at some of those rents

nypost.com/2016/05/08/obamas-last-act-is-to-force-suburbs-to-be-less-white-and-less-wealthy/
luckily obama wants to fuck up comfy af suburbs now.

Its the easiest thing the players can do to represent their mothers during the game. Its only 1 day, at least its not an entire month like the nfl. Plus I believe they auction the mothers day stuff off and doante all the money to breast cancer research

>Referendum

No, i hear enough from Nats here. Comfy sports threads are to be free of referendum pish

The Mothers day stuff is a bit garish but I guess its a nice message.

yeah I remember reading that San Francisco rent is actually worse than Manhattan now, and even parts of west Oakland are more like what San Francisco was 5-10 years ago.

America's a garish, superficial place dawg

From my experience living in Canada and the US, there would be a lot less inter-ethnic hatred if different group had regular contact/communication, but forcing it is..questionable. Worked in Singapore, I doubt it in a place like the US where race is so central to society

Oh wow we're actually down...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

>Bryant

Welp. With how shakey Arrieta has been lately, shit defense is going to cost us.

>mfw reverse gentrification happens and the suburbs become all black and rich white people move into the city

Shhiiiieeett

Steroids boy is spooked, won't throw a strike.

This was his problem in Baltimore.

Enjoy the collapse.

>Dwarfs

Bryant's a good defender overall but every once in a while he has these "fuckin' seriously?" moments

maybe but the numbers dont lie. Dallas tried doing this and it has been a disaster. The people who were moved into nice neighborhoods ended up fucking up their new towns. Crime spiked and these peoples kids didnt do any better in school despite having access to better education.

Why does Arrieta keep throwing the low pitch to Murphy? He loves that pitch

>petrified Natsfag comes out of nowhere after a 1-0 lead after being invisible all thread

Lol

>collapse
Hes literally setting MLB records. anything less than his usual self is far from a collapse. Its called above average pitching. stay mad.

>RBI double

Bullshit, that's an error. It clearly muffed the ball.

>inter-ethnic hatred if different group had regular contact/communication

but it's not inter-ethnic hatred really, it's hatred of the worst subsections of races. no one is trying to run law-abiding middle class minorities out of neighborhoods. It's contempt for the gang-related ones that don't even give a shit about their own neighborhoods and go around messing up others.

Minimum 5 run inning here.