Redpill me on Brian Jones

redpill me on Brian Jones
was he a robot?

Other urls found in this thread:

books.google.ca/books?id=7iRBCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT376&lpg=PT376&dq=blonde on blonde brian jones anita pallenberg&source=bl&ots=EI41Gx-i92&sig=3nFzgvhc1pcpj7xV_1Ep_BzWgPQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1tuzjsOTOAhXMNx4KHcFZAbo4ChDoAQgoMAI#v=onepage&q=blonde on blonde brian jones anita pallenberg&f=false
sfae.com/index.php?pg=300280
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

the most talented member of the rolling stones

He was a genius who was deeply misunderstood and one of the most tragic figures in rock.

really though? what is the evidence to back this up?

there is none. he just knew how to play a bunch of instruments which is unfathomable to millennials who can barely handle one.

Jack of all trades, master of none

THIS!

>at some point in time, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards decided Brian was partying too much and needed to be kicked out of the band

nigga went hard af

He died and shortly after the Stones became the best rock n roll band of all time

Coincidence?

(OP)
I've researched this pretty well. I hope you're ready, OP.

Nico dated Brian for a while, and she said that he was always too stoned to talk about art and too lazy to ever be a real artist. She said that he could have made unique music if he tried.

Several other people who heard his songs claimed that they weren't like other songs and might not really be "songs" at all.

His soundtrack and his ability to colour the Rolling Stones songs with interesting textures are also worth noting.

Keith Richards and Mick Jagger, who were turboplebs who happened to have a decent skill for writing songs, thought that his songs were terrible. Them not endorsing his music is honestly good evidence that he had artistic merit.

Brian's soul was a profound influence on the 60s.

Jim Morrison was influenced by him and apparently had a shrine to him. Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde is to a large degree about Brian Jones (the title is confirmed to be about him and Anita Pallenburg) and several of Bob's songs are almost certainly about Brian Jones. Nico was likely influenced by him and wrote at least one song about him on her album Desertshore. The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, and countless others, not to mention the actual Rolling Stones derived massive inspiration from him.

He was a genius who wasted his talents on laziness and drugs. Many say he was the most decadent man of the 60s. He was also extremely sensitive and self-conscious, and Bob Dylan and the other Rolling Stones (and probably others, possibly including Allen Ginsberg) bullied him to the point that his confidence was destroyed.

Brian Jones is essential to the creation of rock music. Rock n' roll is a style that grew into rock, but rock music is the creating of a unique sonic identity. Rock is a poetic art form, rock n' roll is a folk-performer thing. Brian Jones is the bridge between rock n' roll and rock.

>and several of Bob's songs are almost certainly about Brian Jones

How is this possible to prove? You could read whatever you want in Bawb's lyrics desu. Maybe he put in a line or two somewhere?

Jones simply lost it, like Syd and Peter Green. He did look cool in the Jumpin Jack Flash video.

But how would Brian have been in a band that was moving towards Exile and Sticky Fingers? He had to go.

>He was also extremely sensitive and self-conscious, and Bob Dylan and the other Rolling Stones (and probably others, possibly including Allen Ginsberg) bullied him to the point that his confidence was destroyed.

how do you get bullied by a pedophile

he rapes your son?

He spent a lot of time with Brian Jones. The title "Blonde on Blonde" is literally confirmed by Bob to be about Brian. Bob Dylan bullied Brian Jones. Brian looked up to Bob immensely.

Ballad of a Thin Man is clearly a criticism of Brian Jones, something Brian believed himself.

Onto Blonde on Blonde:
Visions of Joanna mentions a man "having a lot of gaul, to be so useless and all" and "muttering small talk at the wall". Visions of Johanna is about Bob's state of mind in his drugged-out haze while he was in England, which would of course include one of the most central parts of that time in his life, Brian Jones. It really paints a scene and nebulous atmosphere.

One of Us Must Know is commonly thought to be about a woman, but there's actually no indication of this in the lyrics. Given that he bullied Brian Jones into extreme sadness and particulars in the lyrics, and the fact that the album title is about Brian Jones, I imagine that it's almost certainly an apology to Brian amongst other things about their friendship.

Who's a pedo?

why would Dylan be inspired by him yet bully him?

[citation needed]

thank you @antonnewcombe

>dude believe me I could do great things if I only TRIED, I'm just a lazy, underachieving genius!
Well he never did anything great other than do tons of drugs so it probably means that he was some dipshit who happened to have charisma

how would the stones have gone on to do sticky fingers and exile on main st. with jones in the band?

he was excess baggage desu

in fact, do a thread about mick taylor, if anything he's the one that is under appreciated most

I saw Anton Newcombe in Berlin the other day. Wish I was wearing my BJM tshirt.

We locked eyes but I didn't talk to him cause he was with his son.

cool, I play in an xbox live halo team with matt hollywood. he's not very good desu

>He was a genius who wasted his talents on laziness and drugs
So not a genius at all

Isn't Anton still banned from being with his son or is his son old enough now?

Indeed, Brian should have left the Stones. He didn't need them and they didn't need him anymore.

You don't "simply" "lose it". I don't really know anything about Peter Green, but Syd's problem was different from Brian's problem.

I don't think he ever said that. The few people who actually got to hear his music said he was a genius. Perhaps more importantly, he was the soul of the Rolling Stones (meaning he was the source of the message the Stones were trying to convey), i.e., the Rolling Stones were an incredibly important social phenomenon that caused millions of young people to question social norms, including several of the geniuses of the 60s (Jim Morrison, Nico, Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc.).

I misinterpreted something I read. Bob never confirmed it, it is merely one of the most prominent theories.
books.google.ca/books?id=7iRBCgAAQBAJ&pg=PT376&lpg=PT376&dq=blonde on blonde brian jones anita pallenberg&source=bl&ots=EI41Gx-i92&sig=3nFzgvhc1pcpj7xV_1Ep_BzWgPQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi1tuzjsOTOAhXMNx4KHcFZAbo4ChDoAQgoMAI#v=onepage&q=blonde on blonde brian jones anita pallenberg&f=false

sfae.com/index.php?pg=300280

This is arguably a valid argument.

Mick never fitted the band. He was a good player but not a 'rock star' type of guy which is required for a band like the Stones. Ron Wood fulfills that qualification much better

Oh nice. I have a record by one of Matt Hollywood's other bands. Sounds pretty good.

What, his son with his Welsh wife? Or the other son in the states?

I'm pretty sure he's sober now, and has a nice thing going with his wife and young son in Berlin.

Which one?

Wasn't aware he had more. I meant whichever one was mentioned in Dig

Yeah Ronnie is legitimately perfect for the band

>it is merely one of the most prominent theories
[citation needed]

Then I Saw the Holy City

Nice, prefer go on give a damn though

Yeah the one mentioned in Dig must be in his late teens/early 20s now.

He had his second son way after Dig was filmed.

peter green had too much lsd and became half a vegetable and schizophrenic

but that's not what the Stones require at all, just what they have been since 1975. Taylorwas the finishing touch on their best albums, and he they were arguably the best live version of the Stones with Taylor in the band

no that was a joke lol

cool, I'm in a stamp collecting club with Joel Gion

Joel Gion is a loser

Joel is the coolest member what are you on about

He's beta as fuck and gets beat up by anton

m8 they all get beat up by Anton

The Stones, or at least the two captains Jagger And Richard, Have always emphasised the importance of their whole larger than life persona. They weren't just some random British bluesrock band like John Mayall's Bluesbreakers or early Yardbirds, they were the Rolling Stones, the most dangerous act in the world, a corporation with a public image

I think that's much more Jagger than Richards. Richards always comes across as unintentional and kind of embarrassed about his behaviour when he's not blown up off his head.

okay, like that.

mostly Jagger though, don't think keef was too arsed throughout the entire 70's

keef wanted steve marriott in the band, if only...

no one but a teen-aged gril cares about nonsense like that
taylor was their best lead guitarist and he didn't need to be a rock star type to fit in. jagger always carried 'the show' on his own.