Why is OK Computer seen as a GOAT album? Don't get me wrong, it's good...

why is OK Computer seen as a GOAT album? Don't get me wrong, it's good, but I don't see how it does enough to warrant all of the praise it gets. It just sounds like a rock album through and through, not too different from anything else. Oddly enough, I could accept someone making a case for like 4 other radiohead albums to be the greatest album ever and respect it (despite not agreeing, apart for maybe perhaps Kid A), but not for OKC. I don't get it, Sup Forums.

wew lad

>not too different from anything else
Name 30 albums that sound exactly like it.

kid a is better than okc, most people know this

also hid a what

The only people who think OKC is better are rock dad rockers

only 30?

Yep I'll go light on you
The only people who think kid a is better are millennials

ok computer was them saying Ok Computer, we will use you in the prossess of making all of our music now

But there's not a lot of electronics on OK Computer

the reason this was a huge success was because it's a combo of idm inspiration with regular radiohead rock music. It's a darn good album but it's not different sonically from everything else unless you know very little music

>it's not different sonically from everything else unless you know very little music
See

wasn't asking abt kid A I was talking abt OK Computer

broken social scene
like half of warp releases
most ambienty kid606 albums
the rock segments just sound like every other radiohead from that era

i'm not a music encyclopedia so i can't name 30 but i think it is very unlikely that there aren't albums that sound like kid a

im fucking stupid
ignore my posts

None of that sounds exactly like OK Computer

Try again?

>i'm not a music encyclopedia so i can't name 30
Then you should probably avoid making incorrect statements, shouldn't you?

Song for Song->OKC
Whole listening experience->Kid A

AirbagKid A
Subterranean Homesick AlienOptimistic
ElectioneeringIdioteque
No Surprises>Morning Bell
Lucky/The Tourist

>confirmation bias in action
nah

I agree with you OP. While OKC is certainly interesting, there are many other rock albums that could be described as more important. The work of Can, NEU!, Zappa, and Dylan are far more influential, though they have also been around much longer.

I will say this to all the Radiohead fans buzzing around this thread that it is rare for a group to be as consistent as they are. Certainly a big plus.

Ok computer came first, is more cohesive, more accesible

>NEU!, Zappa, and Dylan are far more influential
Those are all great artists, just as Radiohead.

It's OK to like them all and admit they are all important

what do you mean?

Methodology and execution were bias to begin with